TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 Convertible Vs. 2011 600 HP Camaro "Firebreather"

Ezareth

These guys drove a GT500 for 5000 miles and gave some pretty informative reviews of the Shelby.

Don't know what to think of the "Firebreather" other than an exhaust note out of a nightnamre but I'm sure JWG223 will want one.

Another thing the guy noted was he had issues shifting the car at first until he adjusted his technique AND he was running 0-60s in 4.0 flat which for a convertible is amazing.

2011 GT500 Vs. Firebreather

These guys drove a GT500 for 5000 miles and gave some pretty informative reviews of the Shelby.

Don't know what to think of the "Firebreather" other than an exhaust note out of a nightnamre but I'm sure JWG223 will want one.

Another thing the guy noted was he had issues shifting the car at first until he adjusted his technique AND he was running 0-60s in 4.0 flat which for a convertible is amazing.

2011 GT500 Vs. Firebreather

:headscratch:

Did I miss something within the Video?

Why wouldn't you run both cars head to head?

Take to the drags and road track and run.

:lurk:

:headscratch:

Did I miss something within the Video?

Why wouldn't you run both cars head to head?

Take to the drags and road track and run.

:lurk:

Probably because even with 600 HP that monstrosity called "Firebreather" was still getting smoked. They have to sell 50 of those things and it is more expensive than the GT500 convertible remember?

No, I don't have any desire to own a new Camaro. I see way too many of them on the road, and they reek of low-quality when you touch them. The whole front end wiggles up and down if you grab it. You can "make the car talk" by gently pulling/pushing on the nose. It looks similar to that gig you did with your belly-button in 2nd grade. No interest at all except in laughing about the fact that they are no faster than the 4th gens even with almost a decade more technology.

It was mentioned in the video that the convertible Shelby is noticeably less rigid than the coupe. Are there any aftermarket parts to beef up the rigidity of the vert?

I have the Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack installed on my 2011. It is NOT scary in corners. I had a '95 GT that was scary as all get out in corners. Felt like I could lose the rear end at any second. So this is the first thing I 'tested' after install. This thing is on rails. 90 degree turns in 3rd gear all day long. It is AWESOME!!! Took a Z06 owner for a spin the other day and he was very impressed. There are other things that could be installed to make even more rigid, but at the sacrafice of ride comfort. Comfort is right where I want it, so I will not be adding anything else...unless wheel hop shows it's ugly head, which to this point it has not and I don't think it will.

I have the Ford Racing FR3 Handling Pack installed on my 2011. It is NOT scary in corners. I had a '95 GT that was scary as all get out in corners. Felt like I could lose the rear end at any second. So this is the first thing I 'tested' after install. This thing is on rails. 90 degree turns in 3rd gear all day long. It is AWESOME!!! Took a Z06 owner for a spin the other day and he was very impressed. There are other things that could be installed to make even more rigid, but at the sacrafice of ride comfort. Comfort is right where I want it, so I will not be adding anything else...unless wheel hop shows it's ugly head, which to this point it has not and I don't think it will.

Sounds great HANK ! PlEASE TRY TO ADVERTISE THAT H.E. I GOT FROM YOU AS IT IS STILL IN THE BOX UNUSED.THANKS !

Archived