TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rough ride

Toy Cobra

Just received my 11 last Friday, the car is great on smooth surfaces but man you feel every crack in the road. The wife and I went for a long ride and threw the 2 pups in their carrying cases in the back seat. After 50 miles they both puked in their bags. Don't feed the dogs before traveling.

Does anyone know what the spring rates are with the SVT PP?

Just received my 11 last Friday, the car is great on smooth surfaces but man you feel every crack in the road. The wife and I went for a long ride and threw the 2 pups in their carrying cases in the back seat. After 50 miles they both puked in their bags. Don't feed the dogs before traveling.

Convertible or Coupe? The Spring rates are listed in your GT500 Supplemental.

The back seat is always going be worse than the front.

For the PP cars, the front springs are 20% stiffer than stock and the rears are 9% stiffer than stock. The valving in the struts is different as well. From everything I've been able to find, the springs and struts are the only difference in suspension between the PP and non-PP cars.

Yeah, after test driving a PP car I went with a non-PP car simply due to the harder ride in the PP car. I wanted those wheels something fierce, but the hard ride just wasn't what I was looking for in a daily driver. I think there are going to be a lot of people who will end up regretting getting the PP.

From everything I've been able to find, the springs and struts are the only difference in suspension between the PP and non-PP cars.

I thought I rememberd the swaybars or swaybar being stiffer.

Or at least I thought I rememberd there being one shown on the bench at the Ford reveal podcast.

I could be wrong,

Phill

Thank God for those bags :hysterical:

For the PP cars, the front springs are 20% stiffer than stock and the rears are 9% stiffer than stock. The valving in the struts is different as well. From everything I've been able to find, the springs and struts are the only difference in suspension between the PP and non-PP cars.

Yeah, after test driving a PP car I went with a non-PP car simply due to the harder ride in the PP car. I wanted those wheels something fierce, but the hard ride just wasn't what I was looking for in a daily driver. I think there are going to be a lot of people who will end up regretting getting the PP.

No regrets here.... love the SVTPP suspension, I had a Roush Stage 3 prior to this and the PP is not as harsh. It's my daily driver and some of the roads are not ideal, but I don't notice any harsh ride quality.

I've had my 2011 SVT Performance Package equipped GT500 for 3 weeks as a daily driver.

At first the suspension was rather jolting, but fun as it reminds me that this set-up is for performance. After several weeks now I don't even notice it (except for when the back end hops on some rough road). Road condition definitely makes a difference though.

Personally I prefer the suspension this way...I can get a cushy ride in whatever tuna boat I get when I'm old.

I wanted those wheels something fierce, but the hard ride just wasn't what I was looking for in a daily driver. I think there are going to be a lot of people who will end up regretting getting the PP.

I'm not sure you will find people with a lot of regrets. Even with the peformance pack I think the ride is still pretty supple considering the class of vehicle. While not a luxurious suspension like a high end sedan it's pretty soft as compared to a Gallardo. It's a pretty good middle road...good performance and decent ride quality.

Archived