TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Intro

renner

Hello, everybody Iam an new owner of a Gt500 coupe white/blue stripe and I am very impressed with this site, lots of info.I am no stranger to Ford power as I have owned several Mustangs and Cougars and Galaxies over the years. 66-GT mustang 4-spd, 67-cougar 428CJ/4-speed, 71 torino 351c/auto,1969 Galaxie conv 429/auto and an 87Mustang 5.0/5spd.My new shelby is very different than all my older cars, like it actually stops and everything works inside, nice! So far the car is great , not used to the attention it gets, I was always building sleepers. Seems like some of you guys really know these cars, the good and bad which is great for someone that is not up to date on modern performance. I really didn,t know too much about the car before I bought it. I have been watching the last couple of years as they have become so reminicent of the older cars. I was driving by my local dealer and saw it being parked out front, I drove in took a look called my wife and then bought it. About the only thing that I would like to change is take off the stripes I am never going to be able to ring it out with those on there.Thanks in advance for such an informative site .

Welcome Renner,

Were glad you found the site, and yes there is alot of info here for you and your car. You will find some good people here too. When you get a chane, post a few shots of your car...we would all love to see it.

I am still waiting for mine.....that's another story. :rant:

thanks for the welcome all, I can never leave well alone ,so yes more power is on the agenda as for the stripes well see how it goes maybe I will get used to them.I wil try and post some pics, getting ready to go on vacation with the family so I will put the pics on in a few weeks.

Hello, everybody Iam an new owner of a Gt500 coupe white/blue stripe and I am very impressed with this site, lots of info.I am no stranger to Ford power as I have owned several Mustangs and Cougars and Galaxies over the years. 66-GT mustang 4-spd, 67-cougar 428CJ/4-speed, 71 torino 351c/auto,1969 Galaxie conv 429/auto and an 87Mustang 5.0/5spd.My new shelby is very different than all my older cars, like it actually stops and everything works inside, nice! So far the car is great , not used to the attention it gets, I was always building sleepers. Seems like some of you guys really know these cars, the good and bad which is great for someone that is not up to date on modern performance. I really didn,t know too much about the car before I bought it. I have been watching the last couple of years as they have become so reminicent of the older cars. I was driving by my local dealer and saw it being parked out front, I drove in took a look called my wife and then bought it. About the only thing that I would like to change is take off the stripes I am never going to be able to ring it out with those on there.Thanks in advance for such an informative site .

Welcome NEWBY

Its a great site .. great members .. lots of good info here ....

Enjoy

dond

Welcome Renner

great choice of colors, the best IMO, however I also like grabber orange

Welcome Renner,

How lucky are you to have seen one at the dealership and buy it, no waiting!

You did not have the stress of the crazy waiting most of us went through.

ENJOY!!!

Archived