TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paint problem on hood of my new gt500

Redline58

Picked up my new 2011 black GT500 a week ago and noticed polish burn to very edge of front top fascia where it meets hood.I now noticed what appears as metalic flake througought paint forward of heat extractor on hood.Looks like paint has silver metallic in paint but only in this area.Called dealer and they claim they did not repair or repaint.No other part of the car has this metallic fine mist in paint.I must bring it to them Saturday to confirm and who knows what Ford will do.I am PISSED.Brand new 1 week old with what appears to be partial repaint.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Sucks finding stuff like you have. On the bright side, could be factory paint issue that only you would ever notice. I found a couple things on the first day that the dealer said they would fix, one was a smudge in a rear side window glass, and the other was two small dents in the passenger side rocker panel that are only visable with the passenger door open. Dealer said they could have it all fixed but after thinking about it a little longer, I figure it's better to leave well enough alone and Ford sent the dealer a new piece of glass that is now in my basement.

Point is this, if you have the paint fixed, who knows what else will get screwed up and who will decide to put your new GT500 through the paces for a little fun. I have had many cars repaired by some of the best and think you would be very, very lucky not to have some other problem induced by taking it to a body shop. You might not even notice your new problems for awhile. Paint overspray is very common with allot of repair shops.

Sucks finding stuff like you have. On the bright side, could be factory paint issue that only you would ever notice. I found a couple things on the first day that the dealer said they would fix, one was a smudge in a rear side window glass, and the other was two small dents in the passenger side rocker panel that are only visable with the passenger door open. Dealer said they could have it all fixed but after thinking about it a little longer, I figure it's better to leave well enough alone and Ford sent the dealer a new piece of glass that is now in my basement.

Point is this, if you have the paint fixed, who knows what else will get screwed up and who will decide to put your new GT500 through the paces for a little fun. I have had many cars repaired by some of the best and think you would be very, very lucky not to have some other problem induced by taking it to a body shop. You might not even notice your new problems for awhile. Paint overspray is very common with allot of repair shops.

Thanks for your time and input,nothing worse than a paint issue,no matter how good it is never same as original factory job.I still will make dealer and Ford explain what happened here.If factory I will leave but I dont trust dealers as far as I can throw them.

Is it maybe rail dust? My black 02GT had lots on one door. I removed a lot of it with a clay bar. Looked like gold metal flake in the paint. The stuff embeds into the paint, but with work, can largely be removed.

Not sure if factory or dealer fixLooks like silver Metal flake mostly in front of hood extractor forward.Appears under clear coat so dont think clay will help.I must now have dealer check sat before they will call Ford Rep.

Not sure if factory or dealer fixLooks like silver Metal flake mostly in front of hood extractor forward.Appears under clear coat so dont think clay will help.I must now have dealer check sat before they will call Ford Rep.

I noticed my rear decklid was scratched to hell and then BUFFED by either the dealer or the factory a week after I picked mine up. There are fine scratches that were apparently caused by the striping garage along the where the spoiler attaches to the deck lid.

I was pissed until I figured it took me a week to notice it so no one else will every notice it so I didn't really care enough to drive it 3 hours away to the dealer I picked it up from.

Picked up my new 2011 black GT500 a week ago and noticed polish burn to very edge of front top fascia where it meets hood.I now noticed what appears as metalic flake througought paint forward of heat extractor on hood.Looks like paint has silver metallic in paint but only in this area.Called dealer and they claim they did not repair or repaint.No other part of the car has this metallic fine mist in paint.I must bring it to them Saturday to confirm and who knows what Ford will do.I am PISSED.Brand new 1 week old with what appears to be partial repaint.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same issue. Mine is blue chips in perfect circles in 3 areas on the car. These spots are about the size of a tennis ball. Looking at the spots under magnification, it is blue mica chips (automotive paint manufactures stopped using "metalflake" long ago it's now chipped mica). It appears that the robots that paint these cars are not getting cleaned out enough when making color changes. Mine are only noticeable when the car is perfectly clean and in just the right sunlight. It's in the color coat and not the clearcoat so repaint would be the only solution. The fix would be way worse than the problem in my case so I will live with it.

I have the same issues on my white 2011, I see what looks like over spray in the corners of the fender/hood, not noticeable unless it's clean and I really look for it. I also have noticed that my rear bumper and front bumper are a different white than the rest of the car, only slightly but noticeable. Anyone with a white car have the same issue?

Archived