TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Much You Pay For Your SGT

tomypasta

Lets see where the market really is today. Post your year, model, date purchased and how much you paid.

Paid sticker for mine when it was brand new in Feb. 2007. grand total= 39k and some change before tax and stuff. Not sure what it is worth today, not too sure that I care. I'm keeping this one for life. Maybe someday my kids will see it become a collector car with some good value in it. I might be dead when it happens but I will have had a good time regardless!

I don't see what purpose this thread serves to tell what someone paid for their brand new car over 3 years ago.

Just a distraction from the "Where the #$%^ is my new GT350" threads :redcard:

Gregg

07SGT0547

Oh and Happy B-Day Ilmor!

I have not sold nor bought a SGT but from what I am seeing the cars are selling anywhere between $21,000 and $25,000 with up to 20,000 miles. These are probably cars that are driven and not owned by "enthusiests" such as anyone that takes the time to be on the Shelby forum.

Dealers and the ones that are babied and modded with "enthusiests" as owners seem to be asking closer to 30's or more. I have not seen any of these sell to know what they are actually selling for.

Just my observations

Paid 29994 for my 2008 Grabber Orange # 88 purchased brand new in Aug 2009 from Santa Monica Ford

Lots of these prices don't seem to include the Shelby uplift.

My #106 car (the one I still have) priced out as follows:

Base car MSRP: 36340

Shelby GT uplift: 13300 (BJ and convertibles were more)

total 49640

One problem with pricing these days is that the economy is so bad and not recovering. Guys are unloading their cars because they need money and people are picking them up for a steal. In addition, demand for cars like ours is down because many families want more economical (both in price and fuel) cars or don't want to spend the bucks for play cars. In other words, if you've got the money, there's no better time to BUY!

I traded a BMW Z3 for mine and they gave me a super trade in price, when it was all said and done I paid about what a regular GT would sell for on sale. They gave me about 6k more than I thought my car was worth...............I jumped on it.

P.S. I probably would have bought it no matter what price they would have given me.

One problem with pricing these days is that the economy is so bad and not recovering. Guys are unloading their cars because they need money and people are picking them up for a steal. In addition, demand for cars like ours is down because many families want more economical (both in price and fuel) cars or don't want to spend the bucks for play cars. In other words, if you've got the money, there's no better time to BUY!

100% agree and well said. Everything is down on price and sales except guns and ammunition.

Archived