TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Alcoa Wheels: Now available in SuperSnake Black

Guest staff2

Great!!

How far does the powdercoat go on the inside of the rim? Reason I ask is because I will have the rears sent out to be widened, unless they are offered in 11", and am curious if I will cut into the coating or just unfinished rim. It appears that the coating stops about where the brake rotor is. If so, that's cool, and I can have the weld matched "close enough" to blend.

I agree with some of the other posts. I wish they came in 11" or wider rear end wheel widths. If they did I would be scraping up the extra cash right now to buy them.

How far does the powdercoat go on the inside of the rim? Reason I ask is because I will have the rears sent out to be widened, unless they are offered in 11", and am curious if I will cut into the coating or just unfinished rim. It appears that the coating stops about where the brake rotor is. If so, that's cool, and I can have the weld matched "close enough" to blend.

For what it's worth, I carefully looked at the finish on these wheels this past weekend, and although it was an overcast day without sun, I really did not see any color flecks in the finish. To my eyes, the finsh is a satin charcoal color.

For what it's worth, I carefully looked at the finish on these wheels this past weekend, and although it was an overcast day without sun, I really did not see any color flecks in the finish. To my eyes, the finsh is a satin charcoal color.

Did you notice if the entire inner portion of the wheel is coated?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with some of the other posts. I wish they came in 11" or wider rear end wheel widths. If they did I would be scraping up the extra cash right now to buy them.

+10000000000000............................. Definitely would be an easy buy if they were 11" with a proper offset. But I don't see going from a 285 to a 275 - even if it is a 20" wheel :cry::cry::cry:

awesome looks TUFF! what tires are out back and what size did you go with and how do they handle

Nitto 315/35ZR20 NT05's on 11" rims. Like them so far, but haven't driven it much with this setup. A lot better than before,though!

Nitto 315/35ZR20 NT05's on 11" rims. Like them so far, but haven't driven it much with this setup. A lot better than before,though!

did you have them made wider and by who? Did you have to do anything else inside the wheel well so that they wouldnt rub. There is a thread going on in the supersnake section about having the wheels made wider/ what size to go with and what tire can fit without rubbing or cutting up the bumpstop bracket. if you get a chance to do a write up and post some pics, would be great.

Archived