TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bra

Rachane

Does anyone happen to know if there is a bra available for the 2010-2011 GT500?

Yes, Colgan makes a bra for the 2010/2011 GT500. I had a Colgan for my 03 Terminator, my 2007 GT500, and now my 2011 GT500. All were high quality and fit and performed well. I only use the bra for long trips to other States etc., then remove it until I return. No paint damage or negative issues. Really protects the paint. Go for it. About $150.00.

Yes, Colgan makes a bra for the 2010/2011 GT500. I had a Colgan for my 03 Terminator, my 2007 GT500, and now my 2011 GT500. All were high quality and fit and performed well. I only use the bra for long trips to other States etc., then remove it until I return. No paint damage or negative issues. Really protects the paint. Go for it. About $150.00.

Thanks! [Where were car bras when Cadillac actually needed them?] ;)

SO ...

Two days ago I ordered a Colgan bra with front license-plate opening from AutoAnything. The website said "Ships between 11/8-15/10".

Yesterday it occurred to me that I still don't know what frame I'll be using for the front plate, since Ford doesn't make an OEM one for the 2011 GT500. So I don't know exactly where the bra's opening for the plate should be. Decided to cancel the AutoAnything order while I figured this out.

Phoned AA, and the nice man said, "Oh. it doesn't have a shipping date until November, so we should be able to cancel it." I received an email saying the cancel-request had been put into the system.

A half-hour later I received a second email saying the bra had been shipped.

I can deal with it, because on reflection it's easier to position the plate to match the bra than vice-versa. But if you order anything from AutoAnything and want your shipping time speeded up, try calling to request a cancel. :hysterical:

SO ...

Two days ago I ordered a Colgan bra with front license-plate opening from AutoAnything. The website said "Ships between 11/8-15/10".

Yesterday it occurred to me that I still don't know what frame I'll be using for the front plate, since Ford doesn't make an OEM one for the 2011 GT500. So I don't know exactly where the bra's opening for the plate should be. Decided to cancel the AutoAnything order while I figured this out.

Phoned AA, and the nice man said, "Oh. it doesn't have a shipping date until November, so we should be able to cancel it." I received an email saying the cancel-request had been put into the system.

A half-hour later I received a second email saying the bra had been shipped.

I can deal with it, because on reflection it's easier to position the plate to match the bra than vice-versa. But if you order anything from AutoAnything and want your shipping time speeded up, try calling to request a cancel. :hysterical:

I had a similar situation with my 2007 Shelby. I wanted the bra with the tag opening delete, but they didn't have any in stock. I ordered the one with the tag opening as I was pressed for time with an up-coming long trip. When I got the bra, I cut a piece of soft 1 and a half inch thick foam rubber and sized it about 2" wider and taller than the tag hole in the bra. It fit well and tucks under the bra edges without a problem. The force of air holds it snugly at speed and it worked well the whole time I had the 2007. Obviously it did no damage to the paint and worked just fine. Try that.

The Colgan bra arrived today, but the front license-plate opening is too small for the license & frame to fit through, and the bra is so tight-fit that the plate & frame cannot be positioned behind it. [Even if they were, the opening is too small for all of the plate numbers to be visible.] And, just as an incidental note, the bra came from AutoAnything, drop-shipped from Covercraft Industries through Blue Ribbon Motoring, to me without any installation instructions. I've attached car bras before, so could probably figure this one out, but in general I don't like to experiment with claws and catches on pristine car paintwork. Back it goes.

Archived