TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where to buy front brake duct bezel?

MichaelP

Hi Everyone-

I installed a front brake duct cooling kit (hose and rotor hat?) but have no bezel to dress up the front grille. I called JLT and they

do not sell or never did sell the bezel.

Does anyone have a source? I only need the bezel, no hoses etc..

Thanks,

Mike

That's strange, JLT does sell just the bezels for '07-09 GT500's. It's listed on there site. I didn't see them listed for the '10. I believe he was the only one making bezels for the GT500, so if he doesn't have them for '10-11 you may be out of luck. I could be wrong though.

That's strange, JLT does sell just the bezels for '07-09 GT500's. It's listed on there site. I didn't see them listed for the '10. I believe he was the only one making bezels for the GT500, so if he doesn't have them for '10-11 you may be out of luck. I could be wrong though.

Thanks. I spoke with Lisa but she said none available, or none for my 2010.. I ordered some with a screen from SPP. I can probably (hopefully) get those to work.

M.

The JLT one's work, they're just not designed for the 2010 due to the placement of the ducts on the inside of the grill. The bezels sit far to either side and don't fit flush with the grill. There are a few guys on here that have had them and they reported good results and only noticable gaps when you get on your knees and look real close at them. I have the JLT bezels and will be installing them this week.

The JLT one's work, they're just not designed for the 2010 due to the placement of the ducts on the inside of the grill. The bezels sit far to either side and don't fit flush with the grill. There are a few guys on here that have had them and they reported good results and only noticable gaps when you get on your knees and look real close at them. I have the JLT bezels and will be installing them this week.

Ok.. thanks.. I'll see if SPP ships to me soon and if they dont work look at the JLT again. Is everyone placing a screen or disconnecting the tubes when driving daily so trash and road junk does not get sucked into rotors? Or, is this not that big of a deal?

M.

I can't answer that, because I'm only using them for looks, not cooling. The JLT's came with a foam insert that goes into the bezels that blocks them completely. I would assume that they are to keep crap from getting stuffed up in there while you not on the track. I wouldn't want them open all the time though, it just seems like a problem waiting to happen.

I'm seriously considering ducting my brakes too, once my 2011 arrives.

In advance of its delivery, I'm considering buying a replacement lower grille insert that I can have modified to accept a set of CNC'd bezels which, at least at first blush, should be remarkably simple (if not particularly cheap) to machine that I would either have powder coated or spray painted.

I'm seriously considering ducting my brakes too, once my 2011 arrives.

In advance of its delivery, I'm considering buying a replacement lower grille insert that I can have modified to accept a set of CNC'd bezels which, at least at first blush, should be remarkably simple (if not particularly cheap) to machine that I would either have powder coated or spray painted.

I'm very interested in this as well.

Archived