TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Had my car weighed....

MichaelP

So, the car was at the mechanic getting some new brake pads, etc.. I told the shop owner if he had time to weigh the car. I was curious.... The scale slip showed 3920 lbs.. Now this was a scale where they weigh trucks, etc.. not in his shop... they did not seem suprised....

Does this sound correct? I guess I must have been dreaming my car was a little lighter.....

Thanks,

M.

ok...I looked up specs and Ford was saying appox.. 3900 lbs....

Definitly sounds right. Once you add your weight, it's staggering to think that most are swinging over 2 tons around a track. Good brakes takes on a whole new meaning.

Us SGT guys really are not that far behind at 3700-3800lbs fully loaded. With my fat arss I'm nearly 3900lbs.

So, the car was at the mechanic getting some new brake pads, etc.. I told the shop owner if he had time to weigh the car. I was curious.... The scale slip showed 3920 lbs.. Now this was a scale where they weigh trucks, etc.. not in his shop... they did not seem suprised....

Does this sound correct? I guess I must have been dreaming my car was a little lighter.....

Thanks,

M.

ok...I looked up specs and Ford was saying appox.. 3900 lbs....

Had mine weighed on Friday on a DOT scale.

2010 GT500

Little over half tank of gas

Me in driver's seat

Everything stock

My weight is approximate 190.

Archived