TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger Lag?

09TSpony

This has happened to me three times. I was driving on the expressway @ 65 mph. I downshifted to 3rd gear and layed into the go pedal. Power dropped off for just a second and then started to accelerate. Question, is this due to belt slippage, the tune, or is it because of the traction control being turned on.

This has happened to me three times. I was driving on the expressway @ 65 mph. I downshifted to 3rd gear and layed into the go pedal. Power dropped off for just a second and then started to accelerate. Question, is this due to belt slippage, the tune, or is it because of the traction control being turned on.

Don't know why, but this happened to me once, as well. Engine was warm after driving 100 miles. I wasn't pushing the SC before this event occurred.

Don't know why, but this happened to me once, as well. Engine was warm after driving 100 miles. I wasn't pushing the SC before this event occurred.

Just curious since my RPMs did not increase which would have been indicative of a faulty clutch. I am not really familiar with traction control devices and quite frankly I hope this is all it is. thx

Perhaps something to do with "Drive by wire" ?

http://www.explorer.com/forums//archive/index.php/t-247917.html

I never experienced it..........yet

That is interesting. I'll give it a try. The lag does not happen every time I accelerate. It only happens when I really get on it after downshifting.

Archived