TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010-11 Dash plaque

skipm

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dash plaque is finally available in the shelby store for 2010-11 GT500's. Can't get the link to work

Is this it?

Shelby GT500 Carroll Shelby Signed ( optional) Dash Plaque (2010-2011)

Interestingly, while I suspect they did the best they could, it still seems rather... misplaced.

Almost as if it appears to be what it is, merely an afterthought that had to be "shoehorned" in. It seems to lack clear integration with the dash.

Not sure if there are more ideal locations for it or not, but this just seems lacking a bit as compared to the placement on the 2007-2009 models.

-Pockdog

KIT-SP-DPGT5002010-2.jpg

I feel that it looks misplaced also.

Problem is, I'm not sure where else they could have placed it? The air vents are entirely different from 2010 MY onward as compared to the 2007-2009. While the open space to the right on the airbag cover looks inviting, it would be a bad idea to stick anything on there in the event that the SRS deploys and suddenly your passenger is removing a Shelby plaque that just got embedded into their forehead!

2010-shelby-gt500-mustang-dash.jpg

-Pockdog

Mixed feelings on the plaque design. Looks a little like someone left a Shelby credit card resting in that spot in some of the photos. Still I'd much prefer the Shelby badge over the even more out of place Microsoft Sync label. Will probably order one and see how it looks in person.

Just my opinion, but I believe that it would look better if the plaque was contoured to conform with the contour of that area of the center console. Remove the Sync plaque and install the Shelby plaque in it's place.

I would like to see a photo on an electroincs package car without the 2 knobs.

Yeah those knobs are really what detracts from the look. The Navigation package with that plaque wouldn't look nearly as bad.

I think this plaque will be more tasteful than Caroll's signature on the airbag cover.

Not that it wouldn't invite the wrath of the trademark Gods, but at $350 a pop - this is an item that's just dying to be knocked-off (Chinese style).

I have no problem with anyone pursuing what the market will bear, but with most people having to ante-up $50K just to sit at his table - at least ONE item made available for as little as it costs to produce, rather than as much as it might command, would be nice - especially one intended to commemorate a special vehicle. Not to mention, the production price cost curve starts to drop exponentially with ANY kind of appreciable increase in volume on an item like this.

If I were his marketing chief - rather than just an expectant owner - I'd suggest offering them at a minimal price (say - $99), offer a sterling silver version for maybe $150, and offer one free to anyone who happens to purchase a certain minimum in membership and products.

It's not that bad, I like it. I ordered one w/ Carroll's signature, it's tax deductable and goes to a good cause. Since we're all pretty fortunate and can afford to drop $55+k on a toy, what's $350 to have it signed by the legend himself! It's not the cost, but what it's worth to you.

It's okay....and it's a ridiculous price - it looks like about a $20 piece to me. Even if it was cheap...do I really need to be reminded of what I'm driving (again)? If I do...oh boy.

Think of it more as covering up a poorly placed Microsoft Badge instead of adding another Decal.

As long as you get the signature I think it doesn't look too bad with the electronics package.

I'm actually surprised the placement didn't raise all sorts of holy hell at Ford and Microsoft given that both are Ford product development partners and matters like co-branded badge placement are usually chiseled into concrete by lawyers with diamond-tipped jackhammers. If some marketing manager and JD up in Redmond aren't all up-in-arms over having their SYNC badge covered by another vendor's product, they may soon be.

There's a huge difference between an unrelated, unaffiliated aftermarket manufacturer developing products without regard for what already exists, but respecting the standing agreements of other affiliates is usually a pro forma criterion in any agreement and any product produced.

Business in the 21st Century.

I just ordered mine with signature, and will post pics of it (with NAV) as soon as it arrives.

I look at it this way, the extra $160 goes direct to the charity and its a great cause. Having Carroll's signature on my car is something I always thought would be nice. While I fully understand that my car came off the line in Flat Rock, and not from his shop - his name IS on the back of the car, he DID in some way contribute (albeit not with a wrench) to the capabilities of this vehicle. AND, while I hope he lives to be 150 - he's not going to be around forever...

I just ordered mine with signature, and will post pics of it (with NAV) as soon as it arrives.

I look at it this way, the extra $160 goes direct to the charity and its a great cause. Having Carroll's signature on my car is something I always thought would be nice. While I fully understand that my car came off the line in Flat Rock, and not from his shop - his name IS on the back of the car, he DID in some way contribute (albeit not with a wrench) to the capabilities of this vehicle. AND, while I hope he lives to be 150 - he's not going to be around forever...

I agree toi the above. I also ordered one, signed.

I'm actually surprised the placement didn't raise all sorts of holy hell at Ford and Microsoft given that both are Ford product development partners and matters like co-branded badge placement are usually chiseled into concrete by lawyers with diamond-tipped jackhammers. If some marketing manager and JD up in Redmond aren't all up-in-arms over having their SYNC badge covered by another vendor's product, they may soon be.

Not all GT500's are equipped with Sync so they don't *all* have the Sync badge there.

Phill

i totally agree with goldgus , for u guys that think its to much money dont buy it then when mr shelbly is no longer with us ,all of us that did purchase his sig can sell them to u guys for 3 times the price , really guys u are buying his sig, and the extra is going to a great cause

That plaque is pretty fugly.

I had one on my 09, but am not going to pop that kind of cash a 2nd time. Besides, they had my VIN off center on the 09 plaque. hysterical.gif

Tthe Y in shelby is down on my serial # I guess thats what makes them UNIQUE. Remeber Ol SHEl may not be signing things at some point .

Archived