TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next years GT500

dbowles22

what plant does Ford have in Vegas to make cars?

He told me that cars are going back to Shelby...Now again this is just third hand rumors, but with every rumor there is always a little bit of truth...So we will see how everything unfolds here in the near future....It is almost like Clue....Sooner or later we will actually get to see what is in the envelope, hehe....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to revisiting this forum a few months from now. As a matter of fact, it might be a good idea to make it a sticky just so it's easer to find in the future.

Changes? Yes, a couple/few.

Complete demise? Not yet, but everyone can go ahead and believe what they want to believe about the demise of the 2012 GT500. These "the end is here" forums pop up about this time every year for the last 4 years, and GT500's continue to roll off the assembly line year after year.

Well, not quite a few months have gone by yet, but it's time to revisit this thread. The 2012 Order Banks are now visible and the GT500 is there - coupe and convertible - and still with the same code (99S) aluminum 5.4L SuperCharged 4V V8 from the 2011 model. SVT Perf Pkg is still showing, as are the other options (electronics pkg, shaker 1000, glass roof, shelby car cover) and no new colors as far as I can tell. The only obvious addition is the Recaro seat option (QD = Black with Red inserts or QX = Black with Black inserts).

Too early to place orders, and no pricing is visible yet, but it's clear that the GT500 lives on for 2012 and production will continue at Flat Rock.

Well, not quite a few months have gone by yet, but it's time to revisit this thread. The 2012 Order Banks are now visible and the GT500 is there - coupe and convertible - and still with the same code (99S) aluminum 5.4L SuperCharged 4V V8 from the 2011 model. SVT Perf Pkg is still showing, as are the other options (electronics pkg, shaker 1000, glass roof, shelby car cover) and no new colors as far as I can tell. The only obvious addition is the Recaro seat option (QD = Black with Red inserts or QX = Black with Black inserts).

Too early to place orders, and no pricing is visible yet, but it's clear that the GT500 lives on for 2012 and production will continue at Flat Rock.

*drool* Recaro seats....Glad to hear the rumors about the contract between Shelby and Ford and the GT500 moniker being done after 2011 seem to be untrue, guess I can breath even more easy after the official announcement and order guide for 2012 are put on-line.

Anyone have any inside info/edumacated :) guess on the price of the Recaro seat option??? Looking at the pictures of the 2012 BOSS they look awesome, the only other option I'd like is the electronics pkg.

2012 looks to be exciting, wish we could just fast-forward thru this thing called "Winter"

Additionally, the 2012 Mustang production starts in January, so the Boss cars might come out slightly earler than April.

*drool* Recaro seats....Glad to hear the rumors about the contract between Shelby and Ford and the GT500 moniker being done after 2011 seem to be untrue, guess I can breath even more easy after the official announcement and order guide for 2012 are put on-line.

Anyone have any inside info/edumacated :) guess on the price of the Recaro seat option??? Looking at the pictures of the 2012 BOSS they look awesome, the only other option I'd like is the electronics pkg.

2012 looks to be exciting, wish we could just fast-forward thru this thing called "Winter"

Strictly a guess, I would say the option will come in around $1,200.00 dollars.

I repeat, that's strictly a guess.

Archived