TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next years GT500

dbowles22

Dude, you really took my post elsewhere waaaaaaaaay out of context. You were whining aboutthe prospect of Boss 302's getting ADM's. I simply pointed out that by putting your name on multiple dealers' lists you were actually fueling the ADM's by artificially skewing demand. I was trying to HELP you to keep ADM's down and I didn't get angry about anything. You totally misunderstand my intent. How many times did I post about how to avoid paying ADM's? Plenty!

:hysterical:

"fueling the ADMs"........."artificially skewing demand"........Both 100% Dealer Tactics aimed at cultivating "Suckers"...........

How could Customers keep ADMs down?????? "Dont be "Suckers" and "Dont Pay It"...............

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hysterical.gif

"fueling the ADMs"........."artificially skewing demand"........Both 100% Dealer Tactics aimed at cultivating "Suckers"...........

How could Customers keep ADMs down?????? "Dont be "Suckers" and "Dont Pay It"...............

Amen... just say NO!

Unfortunately, as long as some people pay the markups, the practice will continue.

Amen... just say NO!

Unfortunately, as long as some people pay the markups, the practice will continue.

I say we ban Five Oh B from this forum!!!!! Who's with me?!!! :happy feet: And I noted the attitude in his post' too, so you're not fooling anyone Five Oh B, you're a JERK! :censored:

I say we ban Five Oh B from this forum!!!!! Who's with me?!!! :happy feet: And I noted the attitude in his post' too, so you're not fooling anyone Five Oh B, you're a JERK! :censored:

Whammer Rules...Whammer Rules...Whammer Rules!! :rockon:

Really? What are you 5 years old?

Mike

Dude, you really took my post elsewhere waaaaaaaaay out of context. You were whining aboutthe prospect of Boss 302's getting ADM's. I simply pointed out that by putting your name on multiple dealers' lists you were actually fueling the ADM's by artificially skewing demand. I was trying to HELP you to keep ADM's down and I didn't get angry about anything. You totally misunderstand my intent. How many times did I post about how to avoid paying ADM's? Plenty!

I was whining about ADM's!!!??? Not me pal! It was you babbling on about them. I stated SEVERAL times that I will be able to get a Boss WITHOUT ADM's.

You then attacked me for being on 2 waiting lists and that I was the cause of ADM's. You then told people not to getting on a waiting list because this ear marks you as a sucker to the dealer who will then hit you with an ADM. That seems like pretty stupid advice on a car that will be very limited (at least in the 1st year). If you aren't #1 on a dealers list you can bet that someone else will be and you'll be left to hope that a dealer on the other side of the country still has one for sale.

Like I said in the other forum- I guess Canadian dealers conduct themselves differently than US dealers. ADM's are very rare up here.

There are 350 Boss 302's coming to Canada. Now in the US there will be 10x that number and it might be easier for someone to go to the dealer down the street and find one on the lot, but that will not be the case here.

So, I can't wonder out loud what I thnk might happen? You don't know, I don't know, and nobody here knows what 2012 holds for the GT500. I simply posted what I think will likely happen next year (and never labled it as fact, just my educated guess) and you jump all over me and attack me? Did your momma forget to teach you some manners? You've really got to get past your idea that I'm somehow the enemy just because I work at a Ford dealership. I am not here as an adversary; I am here as an enthusiast sharing my passion of Mustangs with like-minded people.

I guess you don't "compose" posts very well. You come across like you "know" the GT500 is done. And you don't know anything. I don't either but I can look at the "clues" and see that it doesn't seem likely. What does seem likely is Ford doesn't want Chevy to know the "enemy" they will be doing battle with in 2012. We already know that Chevy is benchmarking the Z28 to match or exceed the 2011 GT500, so Ford has a little "intel" for what they need to do- and what they aren't going to do is shutdown the GT500 and look like they ran away from the fight.

Man do you all not know him. He's a nice guy and one of the dealers who doesn't rape people with ADMs and such. Nothing about his post has something to do with selling current cars in his inventory. :rolleyes:

I know Brian and he has been on here along time. Brian has had several Mustangs over the years. He's been to my house a couple of times with his Modded GT. He's a car guy just like us!! A very down to earth nice person.

I just read this thread and IMO some here are taking things way to serious. Lets just lighten up a bit and remember the Golden Rule please.

:backtotopic:

I know Brian and he has been on here along time. Brian has had several Mustangs over the years. He's been to my house a couple of times with his Modded GT. He's a car guy just like us!! A very down to earth nice person.

I just read this thread and IMO some here are taking things way to serious. Lets just lighten up a bit and remember the Golden Rule please.

:backtotopic:

Grabber,

I tried that on the other forum and I thought we got things straightened away and now he's on here making false statements about what I said about ADM's. I don't care if he's a "good guy", I don't like people saying lies about me. He's trying to come across as a "know it all" about the car business.

He seems to take things way too seriously if anyone dares to question his wisdom.

Sorry if I offended some of you but I don't like s**t like that.

i have heard again that 2012 will be the last year for the GT500.it is believed that SVT will be taking back over the cobra.a rumored tt5.0,or supercharged 5.0.either way the camaro is done.

Who did you hear that from if you don't mind me asking.

In the past Ford has charged dealers a 2 year fee to be able to order the GT500. I think it was mentioned before that the last 2 year fee was for the 2010-2011 MY. Enis says there will be a GT500 up to 2015. If that were the case, Ford could charge dealers a 2012-2013 Fee, and then a 2014-2015 fee. Maybe then the GT500 will have run it's course with the Shelby name on it.

Dunno.

i have heard again that 2012 will be the last year for the GT500.it is believed that SVT will be taking back over the cobra.a rumored tt5.0,or supercharged 5.0.either way the camaro is done.

Good. The last Cobra SVT did is STILL an icon.When people told me "I drive a Cobra" I was always asking "Is it a Terminator?" almost like they asked "IS it an LS1" when I told them I had an F-body. SVT does a great job. Not that Shelby hasn't, but I think SVT went deeper into the car to tweak things.

Who did you hear that from if you don't mind me asking.

In the past Ford has charged dealers a 2 year fee to be able to order the GT500. I think it was mentioned before that the last 2 year fee was for the 2010-2011 MY. Enis says there will be a GT500 up to 2015. If that were the case, Ford could charge dealers a 2012-2013 Fee, and then a 2014-2015 fee. Maybe then the GT500 will have run it's course with the Shelby name on it.

Dunno.

there was a mustang show that i went to,and there was a guy up there that use to work with svt.he said that shelby had not signed a new contract with ford yet,and 2012 might be the last year for the shelby.

Good. The last Cobra SVT did is STILL an icon.When people told me "I drive a Cobra" I was always asking "Is it a Terminator?" almost like they asked "IS it an LS1" when I told them I had an F-body. SVT does a great job. Not that Shelby hasn't, but I think SVT went deeper into the car to tweak things.

The GT500 was COMPLETELY designed and built by SVT. Shelby has their name on it only because Ford thinks it will sell more cars. Shelby has not "tweaked" anything on the stock GT500's. They (Shelby) only tweak the Super Snakes, the KR's and the 40th's.

there was a mustang show that i went to,and there was a guy up there that use to work with svt.he said that shelby had not signed a new contract with ford yet,and 2012 might be the last year for the shelby.

While I am not saying he is wrong (or lying) I have heard very different things from both Ford Racing and Shelby. Guess we will wait and see. lurk.gif

The GT500 was COMPLETELY designed and built by SVT. Shelby has their name on it only because Ford thinks it will sell more cars. Shelby has not "tweaked" anything on the stock GT500's. They (Shelby) only tweak the Super Snakes, the KR's and the 40th's.

While I am not saying he is wrong (or lying) I have heard very different things from both Ford Racing and Shelby. Guess we will wait and see. lurk.gif

That is my point exactly. Shelby created the 2010 GT500 as Ford just piggy-backed their mods to last-years special edition.

Ban me for what? Why am I a jerk? Is it because I was trying help someone avoid fanning the ADM flames by giving what I thought to be sound advice as a fellow enthusiast? I was trying to help save him money! Am I hated because I don't think there will be 2012 GT500? That's my opinion and we are all entitled to think out loud here about what we speculate might happen. That is not cause to ban someone.

Some of you know me here, some of you don't. I'm the SVT/Shelby Director for a large volume Ford dealership in the NW. I've been there for 11 years and have ordered a ton of SVT & Shelby modes over the years. I see every contract for SVT & Shelby that the dealership's owner must sign as we go over it together and decide whether to continue our participation in the program. We've been a full-line SVT dealer since day one back in 1992 when the '93 SVT Cobras first came out.

That said, back in 2006 we signed up for the 2007-9 Shelby GT500 program. We received a contract with plenty of notice ahead of time and had a waiting list months and months before production started. In 2009, we again signed up when the 2010-11 Shelby GT500 program was offered to dealers - again, with plenty of notice. So, here we are just 2 months away from the opening of the 2012 Mustang order banks and just 4 months away from the start of 2012 Mustang production and guess what? No contract of any kind has surfaced to sign up for a 2012 GT500. I find that very odd and it makes me suspect that there is not going to be a 2012 model.

My opinion seems to have upset some of you, and I'm sorry if that is the case, but it is still just an opinion as we all speculate on the fate of our beloved GT500. I would love to see GT500 production continue indefinitely as we are truly in the rebirth of the musclecar era. It doesn't hurt that dealers still make a profit on every GT500 sold (unlike some of the other models we are forced to peddle for Ford), so dealers would truly love to see the GT500 stick around. However, I fear that history will repeat itself in 2012 with Ford pulling control away from SA and building hot cars in-house without a 3rd party's name on the trunklid. Is it just a coincidence that Ford is bringing back the Boss 302 at the same time that a new GT500 contract is conspicuously absent? Also, many of you have considered the possibility of the GT500 simply reverting back to "just" an SVT Cobra. So, even if the GT500 doesn't continue as a production model for 2012, doesn't mean that the car itself wouldn't be sold under the SVT brand name in 2012 and beyond.

Food for thought and just one humble guy's educated guess. Carry on ....

So, here we are just 2 months away from the opening of the 2012 Mustang order banks and just 4 months away from the start of 2012 Mustang production and guess what? No contract of any kind has surfaced to sign up for a 2012 GT500. I find that very odd and it makes me suspect that there is not going to be a 2012 model.

While I'm not an employee of Ford or any dealership, I do count several Ford employees and dealers as friends. I believe your dates may be a little off there. My understanding is that MY'12 production will not begin in January of '11. I am thinking more along the April/May time frame.

I am also not sure about the order bank opening in November of '10 for '12 cars. Seems like ford would want to at least get a handle on the '11 cars before jumping to the '12. The '11 explorer just came out. But once again, I am not an employee so take that for what its worth. Probably about $.02 hysterical.gif

Some of you know me here, some of you don't. I'm the SVT/Shelby Director for a large volume Ford dealership in the NW. I've been there for 11 years and have ordered a ton of SVT & Shelby modes over the years. I see every contract for SVT & Shelby that the dealership's owner must sign as we go over it together and decide whether to continue our participation in the program. We've been a full-line SVT dealer since day one back in 1992 when the '93 SVT Cobras first came out.

That said, back in 2006 we signed up for the 2007-9 Shelby GT500 program. We received a contract with plenty of notice ahead of time and had a waiting list months and months before production started. In 2009, we again signed up when the 2010-11 Shelby GT500 program was offered to dealers - again, with plenty of notice. So, here we are just 2 months away from the opening of the 2012 Mustang order banks and just 4 months away from the start of 2012 Mustang production and guess what? No contract of any kind has surfaced to sign up for a 2012 GT500. I find that very odd and it makes me suspect that there is not going to be a 2012 model.

My opinion seems to have upset some of you, and I'm sorry if that is the case, but it is still just an opinion as we all speculate on the fate of our beloved GT500. I would love to see GT500 production continue indefinitely as we are truly in the rebirth of the musclecar era. It doesn't hurt that dealers still make a profit on every GT500 sold (unlike some of the other models we are forced to peddle for Ford), so dealers would truly love to see the GT500 stick around. However, I fear that history will repeat itself in 2012 with Ford pulling control away from SA and building hot cars in-house without a 3rd party's name on the trunklid. Is it just a coincidence that Ford is bringing back the Boss 302 at the same time that a new GT500 contract is conspicuously absent? Also, many of you have considered the possibility of the GT500 simply reverting back to "just" an SVT Cobra. So, even if the GT500 doesn't continue as a production model for 2012, doesn't mean that the car itself wouldn't be sold under the SVT brand name in 2012 and beyond.

OK, after reading Five Oh's most recent post I feel he is remorseful for his earlier post' where he came across as a pompous ass. That being said, I believe we should allow him back into the forum....All in favor??? :beerchug:

I am also not sure about the order bank opening in November of '10 for '12 cars. Seems like ford would want to at least get a handle on the '11 cars before jumping to the '12. The '11 explorer just came out. But once again, I am not an employee so take that for what its worth. Probably about $.02 hysterical.gif

The Mustang has a jump on the '12 models. They always seem several months ahead of other cars. The 2012 Boss 302 will start production in Jan. 2011. Trust me- the order banks will open in Nov.

Sorry, but it still makes NO SENSE. The Z28 is on it's way....do you think that Ford is going to pull the plug on the GT500 and run away?

You think Ford put all this money into the improvements on the 2011 GT500 KNOWING the plug was going to be pulled?

I suppose they could be keeping some Z28 slayer under wraps and don't want to affect current GT500 sales. I suppose it's possible but something tells me it ain't happening.

As for being a large volume SVT dealer....sorry to burst your bubble....you said in a post on another forum you got an allocation of 2 GT500's this year.

2 local dealers in my city (pop. of 350,000) have 6 GT500's EACH, on their lots.

Very interesting. A couple of questions, if you don't mind...

1) Is there a similar "program" that Ford dealers need to explicitly sign up for in order to sell the Boss 302 cars? If so, have details of that program been shared with the dealers already?

2) In the event that the GT500 reverted to "just an SVT car", wouldn't you expect that there would be a specific program around that too? And thus far this is one you haven't seen yet?

Thanks!

Very interesting. A couple of questions, if you don't mind...

1) Is there a similar "program" that Ford dealers need to explicitly sign up for in order to sell the Boss 302 cars? If so, have details of that program been shared with the dealers already?

2) In the event that the GT500 reverted to "just an SVT car", wouldn't you expect that there would be a specific program around that too? And thus far this is one you haven't seen yet?

Thanks!

Here is the allocation plan for the Boss. The New Boss 302 is back after a 40 year hiatus. This no-nonsense enthusiast track car is built for the street with the race track as its lab. The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 is set to become the best-handling Mustang ever offered by Ford. This purpose built vehicle is available in two trims for a limited run --Boss 302 & Boss 302 "Laguna Seca" package featuring a 440 HP Hi-Po 302 V8 Engine. Methods for Earning Allocation All Ford dealers will have the opportunity to earn a 2012 Boss 302 Mustang. There are two methods for earning allocation: 1) Share of Nation o Approximately 75% of the 2012 Boss 302 production will be allocated to the Ford dealers as a Share of Nation o Those dealers that sell 75% of the retail Mustangs will participate in the Share of Nation allocation (retail Mustang sales % of Nation) -- through July, this is the Top 794 Mustang dealers o 12 months of sales (October '09 - September '10) will be used to determine dealers participating in the Share of Nation. A dealers opportunity to increase share of nation allocation or inclusion in the Top 75% is increased with each Mustang sold through the end of September o Each of the dealers participating in the Share of Nation is guaranteed at least one Boss 302 2) Lottery o Those Ford dealers not participating in the Share of Nation will be entered into a Lottery for the balance of the allocation o Each dealership participating in the Lottery will receive one chip (entry into the lottery) for being a dealer and one chip for each retail sale over the 12-month period (October '09 - September '10) o Those dealers with ZERO Mustang sales over the last 12-month period will each receive one chip in the lottery o No dealer will earn more then one Boss 302 through the lottery Note: The Laguna Seca Package will be allocated by a second lottery for all dealers earning a Boss 302 through Share of Nation or Lottery. To help manager customer expectations for ordering the 2012 Boss 302 Mustang, all 2011 MY dealer production guides will be communicated in early October. Dealers will be given their full year guide numbers along with the quarter(s) their unit(s) will be scheduled. This will enable dealers to manage customer expectations regarding availability and timing. Production is scheduled to begin in late January and will conclude in December 2011. Since it's unveiling on August 13th, the 2012 Boss Mustang has created a tremendous amount of excitement amongst our dealers and customers. It is our hope that this allocation strategy will support your efforts in providing customers with a clear understanding of this new and exciting best in class product.

Sorry, but it still makes NO SENSE. The Z28 is on it's way....do you think that Ford is going to pull the plug on the GT500 and run away?

You think Ford put all this money into the improvements on the 2011 GT500 KNOWING the plug was going to be pulled?

I suppose they could be keeping some Z28 slayer under wraps and don't want to affect current GT500 sales. I suppose it's possible but something tells me it ain't happening.

As for being a large volume SVT dealer....sorry to burst your bubble....you said in a post on another forum you got an allocation of 2 GT500's this year.

2 local dealers in my city (pop. of 350,000) have 6 GT500's EACH, on their lots.

Whammer, I did not say that the car itself was going away after the 2011 run, just the name. It is entirely possible that it will be called SVT Cobra and not Shelby GT500, yet remain the same car that Ford poured R&D money into.

As for being a large SVT dealer, I thought I made it clear that I was referring to the Northwest region, where we truly are one of the top 10 volume SVT dealers and consistently have been as long as I can remember. Sure, there are many larger volume SVT dealers nationwide (most in the southern states), and things obviously work differently at Ford of Canada, but in the NW USA we remain a big fish in a small pond. Many dealers in our region got just one or even no 2011 GT500's. In recent years, we were getting 5-7 GT500's annually and when it was SVT Cobras before that we were getting 12-20 per year. Now, consider that there are roughly 3500 Ford dealers nationwide and Ford capped 2011 GT500 production at 5500 units. That means that the average dealer got roughly 1.5 GT500's in 2011. Sure, some got a half dozen or more in 2011, but that was at the expense of many dealers getting none.

The Mustang has a jump on the '12 models. They always seem several months ahead of other cars. The 2012 Boss 302 will start production in Jan. 2011. Trust me- the order banks will open in Nov.

Yes, my friend, you are correct. 2012 Mustang order banks open at the end of November. 2012 Mustang production (not just Boss 302) starts in late January 2011. Deliveries of 2012 Mustangs to dealers is on target to start in the spring of 2011.

Archived