TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next years GT500

dbowles22

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the new releases from ford about the 2012 boss, has anyone heard anything about the 2012 GT500?

Also since 2012 is the 45th aniv. of the GT500, can anyone comment on an offering similar to the 40th package?

I'd be happy to know if there is even going to be a 2012 GT500.

Would like some inside info to help me decide on buying a 2011 now or the old wait and see. I had decided on 2011 until rumors of the TVS, Recaro seat option simlar to the 2012 BOSS and speculation the 1-2 shift issue may be addressed in the 2012 GT500.

I like to think of myself a a pretty decisive guy but this one really has me :headscratch::rant2: :fool: when all I wanna be doing is :shift:

Would like some inside info to help me decide on buying a 2011 now or the old wait and see. I had decided on 2011 until rumors of the TVS, Recaro seat option simlar to the 2012 BOSS and speculation the 1-2 shift issue may be addressed in the 2012 GT500.

I like to think of myself a a pretty decisive guy but this one really has me :headscratch::rant2: :fool: when all I wanna be doing is :shift:

I would wait, I will most likely be trading mine in on a job #2 2012.

Every year has offered better and better GT500s....I wanted a 2011...now I will wait until truly the last year build and get that!

Damn :headscratch: ......The wife and I have been contemplating the same thing :banghead: She loves the Black with Red SVT stripes, SVT PP, and glass roof......BUT, now that Daddy hears about the TVS and Recaros as 2012 possibles, I may have to hold her off.......

Damn :headscratch: ......The wife and I have been contemplating the same thing :banghead: She loves the Black with Red SVT stripes, SVT PP, and glass roof......BUT, now that Daddy hears about the TVS and Recaros as 2012 possibles, I may have to hold her off.......

I would buy the car now and enjoy it with your wife.

You never know what life will throw you tomorrow or the next day.

With the new releases from ford about the 2012 boss, has anyone heard anything about the 2012 GT500?

Also since 2012 is the 45th aniv. of the GT500, can anyone comment on an offering similar to the 40th package?

Ford/SVT 45th Anniversary Edition-SVT Package/TVS 660hp :drool:

Hmmmmmm.........I wonder if Ford would rename the 2012 GT500 to the 'GT600'.....for obvious reasons..... :dance:

Obvious reasons? Like what, that the shop at Shelby'soriginal facility is now 600 feet away from the office instead of the 350 or so feet that gave birth to the GT350 name 45 years ago? The naming has nothing to do with horsepower if that's what you're alluding to.

Do we even know if there will be a GT500 after the 2011 model year? The last contract between Ford & Shelby that we received at the dealership level only covered it through the 2011 model year. We're on the official Shelby website here, right? Did you ever notice that this section is labeled 2010-2011 GT500 and there is no section for 2012 or even future GT500's?

Obvious reasons? Like what, that the shop at Shelby'soriginal facility is now 600 feet away from the office instead of the 350 or so feet that gave birth to the GT350 name 45 years ago? The naming has nothing to do with horsepower if that's what you're alluding to.

Why so serious? You need to chill out dude.............

Why so serious? .............

Because he is a dealer and that is what they do. As long as there are current model year cars in stock they are THE BEST CAR EVER until of course they sell out and the next year models are in. I believe five-oh got upset because he wants to make his commission NOW on a 2011 not wait for someone to buy a '12 next year... and yes, there WILL be a 2012 GT 500.

Because he is a dealer and that is what they do. As long as there are current model year cars in stock they are THE BEST CAR EVER until of course they sell out and the next year models are in. I believe five-oh got upset because he wants to make his commission NOW on a 2011 not wait for someone to buy a '12 next year... and yes, there WILL be a 2012 GT 500.

Man do you all not know him. He's a nice guy and one of the dealers who doesn't rape people with ADMs and such. Nothing about his post has something to do with selling current cars in his inventory. :rolleyes:

No, they went to the aluminum block to save weight upfront to quiet the complainers, increase fuel economy, improve handling & braking, etc.

Yes, on a car you say won't exist after this model year. Give your head a shake. Ford isn't putting that kind of money into a car that they intend to shelve after the 011 model run. Do you think that makes any sense? Really??

I don't think you're very good at putting the puzzle pieces together. Ford knows that Chevy is gunning for them. and Ford wants to make sure the Shelby is ready. Making it lighter and better handling goes along way towards that. The small increase in HP (10) is designed to make Chevy come up short with their Z28 offering.

You might work at a dealership but you don't know pony war tactics.

Man do you all not know him. He's a nice guy and one of the dealers who doesn't rape people with ADMs and such. Nothing about his post has something to do with selling current cars in his inventory. :rolleyes

He might be a nice guy but his "tone" on this forum and on another forum is something I don't care for. On both forums his recent posts have painted him and his dealership in a poor light IMO.

He got angry at me because I dared to put myself on the waiting list of 2 different dealers for getting a Boss 302.

With their limited availability who knows which dealer will get one and which won't? So I'm not taking any chances.

The 2012 500 is happening and coming, there's no doubt and you can take that to the bank. And for clarity, the licensing agreement with SA and Ford that was inked in early 2008 by Amy and Carroll runs through the 2013 model year. Believe me, when the GT500 does end, EVERYONE will know about it well before the last 500 comes off the assembly line. You know the procedure folks... People will start to see spy photos of the next SVT Mustang varient begin to surface on the net and in magazines, powertrain rumurs will abound and be discussed at great length (to death), and in the end Ford will do a proper reveal of the car for all to see. That's the way it's been for decades, and that's the way it will be for the next SVT Mustang too. I would not doubt for one second that the SVT engineers are already running around Michigan with the next generation drivetrain buried/hidden in a current model body right now.

Hey Michiganites, keep you eyes and ears open, and please let us know what you see out on the roads and highways out there!

Ford/SVT 45th Anniversary Edition-SVT Package/TVS 660hp

Sounds very expensive lol.

Very, Very expensive...that's where I get off this ride. What are you thinking...with a few options...over $70,000? EEK!

I would honestly wait. The Boss will push the GT500 to be better and the Z28 is also going to push the GT500 to be better. They didn't go to the aluminum block just to increase HP by 10.

That in all likelyhood is what will happen. I expect a significant power increase. It probably is very easy to do at this point.

Would like some inside info to help me decide on buying a 2011 now or the old wait and see.

I would personally wait. You can always see what the 2012 is going to be comprised of...and if you don't like it or if it's too expensive...you will more than likely be able to find an on lot brand new 2011 or slightly used 2011 after the 2012 details are released.

I'm going to probably keep my car til next winter. Then I'll shop perhaps for a slightly used 2011. I'd be fine with that...no matter what the 2012 offers. BTW : for future reference - I think I'm going to try to get a Grabber Blue/Stripe Delete this time (the stripes attract too much attention) I might go for an SVT package car - but no other options for sure.. Depends on the price if I get an SVT Package car or not.

GT500 needs suspension. Power is useless above what they have stock unless you roll aftermarket suspension, etc. Muscle-cars shouldn't have chicken-legs. Slap some rubber under the back half and the GT500 would be very serious. I still remember when a member here with 669whp tried to play with a 540whp Z06. The results got posted on another forum, but t wasn't pretty. Totally traction-limited. Looking for that post up now.

Found it. Results of the race(s) on page 3.

http://forums.corvette.com/c6-z06-discussion/2614302-been-called-out-by-a-shelby-gt-500-a.html

Suspension Suspension Suspension!

Wow, really? I'm not a salesman and I'm not paid on commission. I'm a Mustang enthusiast, first and foremost. I'm not on these forums to sell cars - just to learn and share info about my favorite cars.

He might be a nice guy but his "tone" on this forum and on another forum is something I don't care for. On both forums his recent posts have painted him and his dealership in a poor light IMO.

He got angry at me because I dared to put myself on the waiting list of 2 different dealers for getting a Boss 302.

With their limited availability who knows which dealer will get one and which won't? So I'm not taking any chances.

Dude, you really took my post elsewhere waaaaaaaaay out of context. You were whining aboutthe prospect of Boss 302's getting ADM's. I simply pointed out that by putting your name on multiple dealers' lists you were actually fueling the ADM's by artificially skewing demand. I was trying to HELP you to keep ADM's down and I didn't get angry about anything. You totally misunderstand my intent. How many times did I post about how to avoid paying ADM's? Plenty!

I don't think you're very good at putting the puzzle pieces together. You might work at a dealership but you don't know pony war tactics.

So, I can't wonder out loud what I thnk might happen? You don't know, I don't know, and nobody here knows what 2012 holds for the GT500. I simply posted what I think will likely happen next year (and never labled it as fact, just my educated guess) and you jump all over me and attack me? Did your momma forget to teach you some manners? You've really got to get past your idea that I'm somehow the enemy just because I work at a Ford dealership. I am not here as an adversary; I am here as an enthusiast sharing my passion of Mustangs with like-minded people.

Archived