TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 with FRPP upgrades

arayland

On my 2010 GT 500 I had the dealer install the FRPP Supercharger upgrade kit with TVS Supercharger, Air Inlet mod, and the FRPP Pro-Cal Tune. Also had the FRPP FR-3 Handling Pack installed and installed the FRPP "KR" mufflers. Needless to say they did a very good job, no issues at all. The car looks and handles better squatting a bit lower, ride is a bit harsher but not too bothersome over stock. The mufflers sound terrific especially when you put the spurs to her, and engine performance is really improved. FRPP claims 660 HP with the Pro-Cal Tune and it sure feels like it. I'm getting 15 PSI boost. No regrets--I'm a happy customer!

On my 2010 GT 500 I had the dealer install the FRPP Supercharger upgrade kit with TVS Supercharger, Air Inlet mod, and the FRPP Pro-Cal Tune. Also had the FRPP FR-3 Handling Pack installed and installed the FRPP "KR" mufflers. Needless to say they did a very good job, no issues at all. The car looks and handles better squatting a bit lower, ride is a bit harsher but not too bothersome over stock. The mufflers sound terrific especially when you put the spurs to her, and engine performance is really improved. FRPP claims 660 HP with the Pro-Cal Tune and it sure feels like it. I'm getting 15 PSI boost. No regrets--I'm a happy customer!

about how mich did the Ford dealer charge,because im thinking of doing the same--and do the keep the warranty as though it was factory as far as miles/years---good luck,sounds like a winner.Oh. and do you have to go for the harsher ride,or was that opetional

On my 2010 GT 500 I had the dealer install the FRPP Supercharger upgrade kit with TVS Supercharger, Air Inlet mod, and the FRPP Pro-Cal Tune. Also had the FRPP FR-3 Handling Pack installed and installed the FRPP "KR" mufflers. Needless to say they did a very good job, no issues at all. The car looks and handles better squatting a bit lower, ride is a bit harsher but not too bothersome over stock. The mufflers sound terrific especially when you put the spurs to her, and engine performfance is really improved. FRPP claims 660 HP with the Pro-Cal Tune and it sure feels like it. I'm getting 15 PSI boost. No regrets--I'm a happy customer!

Same setup I have, except I have the L&M TB. Great power and you know it's not going to grenade your motor.

Same setup I have, except I have the L&M TB. Great power and you know it's not going to grenade your motor.

Very nice. Mullens what grenades these motors besides a bad tune that goes unchecked or removing the rev limiter and missing a shift?

I have done the same to my '10 but I have the Cobra jet TB. Installed the blower myself (very easy to do) With regard to the suspension package, I find the ride quality to be better than stock. I also added the Roush upper (wheel hop eliminator) and 11" Toyo Proxes Drag radials.

VERY happy with the results. Completely badass package you can drive anywhere. I took it on a 1,000 mile road trip recently and it was superb!!!

about how mich did the Ford dealer charge,because im thinking of doing the same--and do the keep the warranty as though it was factory as far as miles/years---good luck,sounds like a winner.Oh. and do you have to go for the harsher ride,or was that opetional

Total labor charge at the Ford dealer for the blower, suspension and exhaust was 14.5 hrs at $125 per hour $1800.00. A Mustang specialty shop quoted me $1400.00 but there was no warranty. To me its worth the extra labor $$$ to have some warranty protection.

The dealer did a great job and I have no complaints. The car is docile and normal in traffic. The KR exhaust is mild until you put your foot into then watch out---feels like I got an F-16 Falcon engine on the roof lit on afterburner!! Gas mileage is lower but I think its more related to me driving the car harder and enjoying the symphony of mutli-cam multivalve Blue Oval muscle!

I grew up during the golden age of muscle--1969-1970 just before the hammer came down with emissions control, safety regulations, lower compression, high insurance. The big block machines of that day could really pump out the power but they were tempermental beasts, hard to keep in tune, would overheat in traffic, clutch pedals required a left leg like Hercules, no brakes, no handling, no tires and no safety engineered crash protection. A whole lot of "No's" --- My 2010 Shelby will slaughter any of the factory big blocks of that day--with the A/C on and the stereo blasting away!

Provided that President B.O. and his merry bunch of greenie weenies doesn't force us into driving Shriner clown cars, we are and will continue to experience another golden age of muscle!

Total labor charge at the Ford dealer for the blower, suspension and exhaust was 14.5 hrs at $125 per hour $1800.00. A Mustang specialty shop quoted me $1400.00 but there was no warranty. To me its worth the extra labor $$$ to have some warranty protection.

The dealer did a great job and I have no complaints. The car is docile and normal in traffic. The KR exhaust is mild until you put your foot into then watch out---feels like I got an F-16 Falcon engine on the roof lit on afterburner!! Gas mileage is lower but I think its more related to me driving the car harder and enjoying the symphony of mutli-cam multivalve Blue Oval muscle!

I grew up during the golden age of muscle--1969-1970 just before the hammer came down with emissions control, safety regulations, lower compression, high insurance. The big block machines of that day could really pump out the power but they were tempermental beasts, hard to keep in tune, would overheat in traffic, clutch pedals required a left leg like Hercules, no brakes, no handling, no tires and no safety engineered crash protection. A whole lot of "No's" --- My 2010 Shelby will slaughter any of the factory big blocks of that day--with the A/C on and the stereo blasting away!

Provided that President B.O. and his merry bunch of greenie weenies doesn't force us into driving Shriner clown cars, we are and will continue to experience another golden age of muscle!

thanks--well said--ive got 65GTO w389 tripower in my garage,and when i drive it after drivng the Shelby,it feels like a truck

Archived