TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone wanna update the SHELBY GT on Wikipedia?

07SGT5687

I've never tried to update anything on Wikipedia, but I've heard it's fairly hard to get anything past the "elders" to get your contributions to 'take".

That said, I was just reading the little blurb they had on our cars and noticed some "generic" comments and it looks like they only have production numbers for the 2007 MY.

Just thought if anyone here is the guru of knowledge for our cars, maybe we should update the page for the masses. And when I say "we", I mean some one other than me, cuz I really don't know much about them myself yet!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Mustang#2006-2007_Shelby_GT-H_and_2007-2008_Shelby_GT

While the great thing about Wikipedia is anyone can contribute the danger is ANYONE can contribute. So before we all go off doing well intentioned edits I'd like to ask if we might want to first offer that opportunity to the true keepers of the data, our Registrar group, and SA, to update the pages as they think needed and desired.

These teams are ultimately are the ONLY the REAL and AUTHORITATIVE source of data and SA knows how they want that information disseminated and how they want it positioned.

I've seen Wiki pages get all jacked because a lot of well meaning people try to jump in and only cause confusion and delay. This might be a good opportunity to set a few things right in the article and do this as part of a broader effort to clean it up in general?

Again, no one can stop anyone from contributing, and that's no my intent, only to offer a more credible and legitimate way to achieve that in a way that's consistent for both 07 and 08 what data and how it's presented.

Opinion?

While the great thing about Wikipedia is anyone can contribute the danger is ANYONE can contribute. So before we all go off doing well intentioned edits I'd like to ask if we might want to first offer that opportunity to the true keepers of the data, our Registrar group, and SA, to update the pages as they think needed and desired.

These teams are ultimately are the ONLY the REAL and AUTHORITATIVE source of data and SA knows how they want that information disseminated and how they want it positioned.

I've seen Wiki pages get all jacked because a lot of well meaning people try to jump in and only cause confusion and delay. This might be a good opportunity to set a few things right in the article and do this as part of a broader effort to clean it up in general?

Again, no one can stop anyone from contributing, and that's no my intent, only to offer a more credible and legitimate way to achieve that in a way that's consistent for both 07 and 08 what data and how it's presented.

Opinion?

I don't disagree, just didn't put that much thought into it. I just saw that it was a bit vague about our cars and there there might be some knowledgeable people here that might be able to spruce it up a bit if they wanted. Seems to be very limited information out there about or cars. It was just a quick thought really.

Anyone is welcome to update it, but obviously should be certain that their information is accurate before doing so. One thing it needs, at least on the page I'm viewing, are photos!

Archived