TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for order info on stock 2011 GT500 front wheels

SammyinMA

Long story short, spent the weekend with the ex around town in Boston this weekend. Had a great time, even though i was nervous about having the car in the city (parking in garages, crazy drivers, etc.). Had no issues when parking for attending all the UFC events in town this past weekend, and the NAV was flawless in getting us from the EXPO in one part of town, to the TD Garden where the weigh-ins and fights were. Lots of thumbs up and nice comments about the car. Then, decided last minute to take the car to the airport for her flight home on Sunday, and of course in my own stupidity CURBED the damn front passenger tire pulling up to drop her off!!! There goes $600 i presume.

So back home tried looking up the info prior to calling the dealership for the order info, but couldnt find anything on fordracing.com. A google search didnt bring anything up either. So, was wondering if any of you guys know the order info (part #, dealer cost, retail cost, etc.) on the front wheels for the 2011 GT500 WITHOUT the SVT PP (i.e. just a reg GT500).

Thanks for any info you can provide. As punishment, i grounded myself, and am relegated to driving the CRV to work this week, even though it is gorgeous out.

Mike

Long story short, spent the weekend with the ex around town in Boston this weekend. Had a great time, even though i was nervous about having the car in the city (parking in garages, crazy drivers, etc.). Had no issues when parking for attending all the UFC events in town this past weekend, and the NAV was flawless in getting us from the EXPO in one part of town, to the TD Garden where the weigh-ins and fights were. Lots of thumbs up and nice comments about the car. Then, decided last minute to take the car to the airport for her flight home on Sunday, and of course in my own stupidity CURBED the damn front passenger tire pulling up to drop her off!!! There goes $600 i presume.

So back home tried looking up the info prior to calling the dealership for the order info, but couldnt find anything on fordracing.com. A google search didnt bring anything up either. So, was wondering if any of you guys know the order info (part #, dealer cost, retail cost, etc.) on the front wheels for the 2011 GT500 WITHOUT the SVT PP (i.e. just a reg GT500).

Thanks for any info you can provide. As punishment, i grounded myself, and am relegated to driving the CRV to work this week, even though it is gorgeous out.

Mike

About $1500 for each wheel through Ford, best bet is to have it repaired.

http://www.fordparts...KWLK+LH7viyyDAr

About $1500 for each wheel through Ford, best bet is to have it repaired.

http://www.fordparts...KWLK+LH7viyyDAr

HOLY SMOKES!! $1500!! Repair definitely seems to be the way to go.

I have never had a wheel repaired before, and was curious if anyone in the MA area could provide any recommendations. Doing a quick google search brought up the following places: Rim Pro, Alloy Wheel Repair, Rim & Wheel Works. Anyone have any experience/feedback on any of these??

Any info yall can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Hey man,

Call Jayson at Imperial Ford in Mendon (where I got mine). They are an FRPP dealer and is a really good guy to work with. I have known him for a few years, gotten several parts from him at great prices, and he is an enthusiast to boot. BTW, if you see a 2011 Kona Blue GT500 with silver stripes in Milford give me a honk, I am always in Milford with mine.

Mike

(Medway)

Thank God you didn't whack-up an SVTPP wheel. The fronts and rear are about $1,450 and $1,550 MSRP, and I even had one dealer come back with pricing of $1,650 and $1,750 - and this is their fordparts.com pricing.

I look forward to Detroit continuing to evolve to the point where the local "dealer" isn't a franchisee with a local monopoly, and the makers' interests and those of its customers are more closely aligned. After all, I'm sure Ford feels good whenever its products are strong enough for someone to fall for a "Market Adjustment" sticker, but I'm also sure Ford would be just as happy to produce all 5,500 GT500's and have them in the hands of willing enthusiasts who are putting them on the road and sharing their enthusiasm. As a shareholder, that's where I'd certainly prefer them to be.

I checked the manual, and non-SVT PP wheels are 19" x 9.5" all around (just different size tires front and rear). Is that the same as the 2010? I've got a mag at home i can check tonite. After reading some of the local wheel repair sites, and taking a closer look at the damage, i am gonna see if that works. Gonna take some pics of the damage (4 spots on the outer edge of the wheel, each roughly about 1/4" x 1/2" in size) and send to the repair places i listed, and see what they say. I am hoping it is a pretty straightforward job, as damage is cosmetic, not structural. Will let y'all know what i find out and how it goes if i take that route.

Mike

I checked the manual, and non-SVT PP wheels are 19" x 9.5" all around (just different size tires front and rear). Is that the same as the 2010? I've got a mag at home i can check tonite. After reading some of the local wheel repair sites, and taking a closer look at the damage, i am gonna see if that works. Gonna take some pics of the damage (4 spots on the outer edge of the wheel, each roughly about 1/4" x 1/2" in size) and send to the repair places i listed, and see what they say. I am hoping it is a pretty straightforward job, as damage is cosmetic, not structural. Will let y'all know what i find out and how it goes if i take that route.

Mike

Yes, the wheels, not tires are staggered on the 2010.

As far as repair work, a lot of it is truly artisanal - with the quality of the outcome being highly dependent upon the skill, experience, and resources available (i.e. finishes and access to the proper equipment to affix them). In this case, I'd suggest you're more likely to get what you pay for, particularly at the lower price points.

I'd really recommend buying an individual pull-off from eBay where, even if it HAS been repaired, you can at-least see the outcome before plonking-down your hard-earned.

Best of luck.

With the very real difference that 19's are forged, the 18's are cast. Prices may come down, especially through Ford distributors, but probably not a great deal for a single wheel.

Plus the 18s were only used on the 2010 verts, thats only 900 or so cars. My guess is Ford just had a huge overstock of them and is blowing them out. Doubt that will happen with the 19s, cast or forged OE aluminum wheels seldom sell for under 500.00 through dealers.

I have seen some wheels that have been repaired and look pretty good, even ones that have had chunks missing.

Archived