TEAM SHELBY FORUM

EZ Pass

gofastguy

Got the new EZ Pass device just in time for an extended cruise on the toll road through a few states on the way to Sturgis. The only problem is that it is too ugly to mount on the windshield of my beautiful Shelby (at least the one from PA is). I am wondering if anyone has any tricks that work like maybe painting it flat black, or will it read through the dots and pony above the mirror?

Got the new EZ Pass device just in time for an extended cruise on the toll road through a few states on the way to Sturgis. The only problem is that it is too ugly to mount on the windshield of my beautiful Shelby (at least the one from PA is). I am wondering if anyone has any tricks that work like maybe painting it flat black, or will it read through the dots and pony above the mirror?

Wife has a Dodge Charger with windshield 'mustache'....yes we have it mounted out of sight up in the dots. Reads just fine! :)

NOTE: Watch out for the supplied tape...Military issue or something....UNGODLY gooey when you want to remove it and switch to another car! :salute:

When using the toll road in my Shelby, I simply lift it up to the windshield when going through the booth or pass. No mounting in this puppy.

James

If you get caught holding it up it's a 10.00 fine or worse !! also sometimes it doesn't work and bam a 25.00 admin fee and the fine is 110.00. Mines glue to the window and if for some reason it doesn't get read or it malfuctions or even it it's the toll plaza fault you have to prove it's not your in anyway. I know first hand from 1999 on it has caused me grief, I still have a fine from 2003 and refuse to pay it. The ezpass went dead for the 2nd time and I still went thru the tolls anyway so 25.00 x 4 plus 110.00 fine. I told them that all I have to do is black out my plate cover my registration like everyone does. It's a nice thing to have but if you use it everyday you will end up with a headache. You can also ride someone's bumper thru a toll, I use to do it taking a car to the queens pound. Other wise in uniform the toll collector wants you to pay for the car. It's NYC bridge a NYC bridge cop and she told me to pay up or you under arrest. Theft of service. That's how greedy they are I told them to catch me and drove off.

Also you have to watch how fast you get to the next toll plaza they can send you a summons for speeding.

What day are you getting to Sturgis? I am leaving Minnesota Thursday morning about 7:00. Plan on stopping in the bad lands then pulling into Sturgis early evening.

See you there!

We will be getting in to Sturgis Weds. evening. I didn't want to miss the cruise to Wyoming on Thursday. Look forward to seeing you there.

Steve

Thanks for the input and ideas. For now, I am going to mount it in the traditional way. I'm a bit worried about the goo on my dots (that it might mess them up) and about coming back to a stack of violations if I try to hold it. I'm leaning towards a flat black paint job and experimenting with locations when I have more time.

Thanks for the input and ideas. For now, I am going to mount it in the traditional way. I'm a bit worried about the goo on my dots (that it might mess them up) and about coming back to a stack of violations if I try to hold it. I'm leaning towards a flat black paint job and experimenting with locations when I have more time.

Dude the only goo you should worry about is mine :hysterical::salute: now carry on!!! Oh if you paint it black, I want to be with you when you turn it in should be a funny one !!

Archived