TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Norfolk....

Stidog

Hey all, the wife just received orders to Little Creek. So it looks like I'll be needing a local car club in the Virginia Beach area. Any recommendations? It just has to be active and friendly. BTW, do they still cruise at JenRose on Saturday nights? See y'all in June.

• 5 weeks later...

Stidog,

Genro's still going. Not sure about the clubs around. I was into a few car clubs years ago with my 65 fastback, but that seemed to go cold. Just getting back into the mustang stuff with my new toy. I will pass along any info I come up with. Welcome back to the area, in June...

Tim

2011 Shelby GT500, SVTPP, Electronics, Race Red w/ white stripes

1965 Fastback (2+2), 289, auto, Caspian Blue

2005 Dodge 2500, Cummins, TT, 830 rwhps/1400+ torq.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all, the wife just received orders to Little Creek. So it looks like I'll be needing a local car club in the Virginia Beach area. Any recommendations? It just has to be active and friendly. BTW, do they still cruise at JenRose on Saturday nights? See y'all in June.

I was part of the Southeastern Virginia Mustang Club (www.sevmc.org) when I lived in Virginia Beach. They are a really nice group of people and extremely active and are a division of the Mustang Club of America. They meet once a month and usually put on two car shows a year, which the proceeds go to charities. Definitely check them out.:D

• 1 month later...

First let me welcome you and your family to the area, I belong to The mustang club of tidewater, might be a little closer to you then the one in Hampton. We meet fist Thursday of each month at Cavalier ford on military highway in Chesapeake. There are a few Shelby's in our group (MCT) and you would be a welcome addition. There is also the Southeastern Virginia mustang club that someone spoke of in an earlier post, they meet at beach ford in VA beach. Looking forward to seeing you and your car around. Just retired from 21 years of active duty Navy last year. Nice to finally settle down. Last but not least not sure if you'll be in the area next week but April 16th we are having our annual mustang anniversary show @ Cavalier ford on military highway in Chesapeake. link below to our club site and the car show page. http://www.mustangcl.../next_show.html

Jeff

First let me welcome you and your family to the area, I belong to The mustang club of tidewater, might be a little closer to you then the one in Hampton. We meet fist Thursday of each month at Cavalier ford on military highway in Chesapeake. There are a few Shelby's in our group (MCT) and you would be a welcome addition. There is also the Southeastern Virginia mustang club that someone spoke of in an earlier post, they meet at beach ford in VA beach. Looking forward to seeing you and your car around. Just retired from 21 years of active duty Navy last year. Nice to finally settle down. Last but not least not sure if you'll be in the area next week but April 16th we are having our annual mustang anniversary show @ Cavalier ford on military highway in Chesapeake. link below to our club site and the car show page. http://www.mustangcl.../next_show.html

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, hopefully we will be up and running in the Norfolk area in early June. I'll check out and talk with all the local clubs before I commit to anyone :)

Larry

Thanks Jeff, hopefully we will be up and running in the Norfolk area in early June. I'll check out and talk with all the local clubs before I commit to anyone :)

Larry

No worries Larry, just extending the offer. Good luck with the move, I know how fun they are, did my last one in December, military did it for me thankfully. Hit us up when you get to the area, MCT members do the genro's thing Saturday nights as well.

Jeff

Archived