TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby chase cars

gene64cobra

i finally found one!!!! :happy feet: i found a chase car at my local toys-r-us yesterday.

daytona coupe. black with white stripes and white tires. it is very nice. as well a few new colors 2010 blue gt 500, 1965 r model, as well as a red cobra w/ blue stripes, and a yellow terlingua cobra. i don't know how to spell either.. lol good luck hunting sorry i don't know how to post pics.

Good find! I've got the GT350 (red) w/white tires. I did pick up the black Daytona today, although I'm a bit surprised at the color combo since there are other 'as produced/raced' color combos that haven't seen the shelves yet. The Kona Blue '10 GT500 is sweet, and looking on the back of the card I can see myself impatiently awaiting the new GT350 and the '65 R-model.

Good find! I've got the GT350 (red) w/white tires. I did pick up the black Daytona today, although I'm a bit surprised at the color combo since there are other 'as produced/raced' color combos that haven't seen the shelves yet. The Kona Blue '10 GT500 is sweet, and looking on the back of the card I can see myself impatiently awaiting the new GT350 and the '65 R-model.

red with white tires has to look nice. as well can't wait to get hands on the new gt350. anyone find the 67 terlingua mustang that is still on my checklist to find.

I also found a few new cars at TRU this last weekend. Found the dark blue 2010 GT500, 1965 GT350R and black Daytona Coupe. No chase cars but I was happy to see the new run. I'm also looking forward to the new 2011 GT350. Happy hunting to all.

i finally found one!!!! :happy feet: i found a chase car at my local toys-r-us yesterday.

daytona coupe. black with white stripes and white tires. it is very nice. as well a few new colors 2010 blue gt 500, 1965 r model, as well as a red cobra w/ blue stripes, and a yellow terlingua cobra. i don't know how to spell either.. lol good luck hunting sorry i don't know how to post pics.

Does the chase car say 48 Special on it or have any other designation than the white tires and interior.?

Does the chase car say 48 Special on it or have any other designation than the white tires and interior.?

the 48 special cars i believe (not 100% sure) were not sent to retail stores. i had to order mine from a collectible store. but yes they have white tires or interiors or both. and if sent to a retail store would definatly be a chase car. for i believe are very limited.

The white tired cars are the chase cars. The 48 were special built editions that were very limited and sodl only through a specific hobby outley. Scott Moen has a set and schooled me on these.

One a good note, I got a 'dirty' Daytona coupe today as well as a GT350R. Cool on both counts!

I got 5 Toys R Us within 35 mins in all directions and not a single one has any Chase cars

The white tired cars are the chase cars. The 48 were special built editions that were very limited and sodl only through a specific hobby outley. Scott Moen has a set and schooled me on these.

One a good note, I got a 'dirty' Daytona coupe today as well as a GT350R. Cool on both counts!

to find a dirty gt350r would be too cool as well as the daytona (i am just not a fan ot the daytona but had no problem grabbing the chase daytona lol) i did find a dirty cobra it appears to be the birthday car (even says happy birthday on side) but it is number 45 not 85. thought that was a little different. hopeful to find the limited edition tin set this weekend. have 4 stores i will be stopping at on friday.

Currently regular production 1:64 S.C cars have conventional wheels/tires. A limited amount of these cars were sent out with white tires instead of black. These are 'chase' cars, cars that collectors chase due to their limited production. Earlier, the chase cars has white interior instead of black. I have a '66 GT350H chase car form some time ago, and a new white tired red GT350.

There is currently an 'After the Race' Daytona Coupe on ebay with white tires. While the dirty ATR cars are not a chase car, they certianly are hard to find, and to see an ATR car with white tires is doubly rare. It's listed as a '48' series car, but the card does not show any tag indicating such.

Edited by falcongtho3

What color Daytona? Would you be interested in trading for a chase red GT350?

it is black with white racing stripes. the card has no creases and no soft corners just the edging is a little ruff. i would be interested. i am in branson right now will be home friday afternoon evening. p.m. me with your phone number if you want to and i can call you.

now i was at toys r us in springfield mo. and they had a after the race 1:18 scale 427 cobra. it had the same number as the

1:64 scale after the race 427 cobra just not the happy birthday on the side. 34.99. i have enough 1:18 scale cars so i left it. may consider buying if i go back and it still there. hard to get money back on those only problem i have for future resale. i remeber paying 64.99 for the silver or chrome 427 birthday cobra. but i couldn't pass that one up. i actually bought 2 and opened one. to display its so cool.

Currently regular production 1:64 S.C cars have conventional wheels/tires. A limited amount of these cars were sent out with white tires instead of black. These are 'chase' cars, cars that collectors chase due to their limited production. Earlier, the chase cars has white interior instead of black. I have a '66 GT350H chase car form some time ago, and a new white tired red GT350.

There is currently an 'After the Race' Daytona Coupe on ebay with white tires. While the dirty ATR cars are not a chase car, they certianly are hard to find, and to see an ATR car with white tires is doubly rare. It's listed as a '48' series car, but the card does not show any tag indicating such.

Thanks that makes sense now.