TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JLT Brake Bezels on a 2010

PistolWhip

I just picked up a set of JLT's brake bezels and the directions only refer to the 07-09's. I know I've seen a few 10's with them on here, so I was hoping someone could just confirm the install process. I don't want to rip the entire front end off the car if I don't have too and would rather the easiest and cleanest process. I'm not using ducts or brake cooling parts, just the bezels themselves.

It looks like in the directions the 07-09 cars have a built in spot that protrudes from the back of the grill (I would assume for the KR's factory brake bezels) which is why they reccomend drilling from the back, but do the 10's have that? I can't see the back of the grill without taking the under side of the bumper all apart and didn't want to take it all off if I didn't have to.

It looks like in the directions the 07-09 cars have a built in spot that protrudes from the back of the grill (I would assume for the KR's factory brake bezels) which is why they reccomend drilling from the back, but do the 10's have that?

Yes, the 2010's have the same duct built into the piece behind the grill.

The problem is, they sit way outside and the bezels interfere with the edge of the painted facia.

Jay posted a bunch of photo's of different bezels on a '10 a while back and that was the problem he was trying to address. You would almost have to "trim" a small section from the edge of the bezel for it to sit fush on the grill.

Run a search for JLT's brake bezel pics and you might be able to find the post I'm refering to.

Phill

I sooo want to install the same on mine, but like you don't want to F anything up. It would be nice if you could buy a pre-cut lower grille from JLT also ( I thought you could for the 07-09 models). To me that would be worth me not drilling something I shouldn't!!

DAM, maybe I should have spoke to Tucker before I ordered them. My bad, but I think I can find a way to make them work it just might take more work than initially thought.

I know I saw a few 10's with them installed though...? :headscratch: I wonder how they did it?

TX STIG is one of the guys I saw with them, I sent him a PM to see what's involved. If he PM's me back, I'll post up what he says. Hopefully he sees this thread and stops in to add his $.02. He's got a lot of pics in his sig that show most of his mods to great detail, but not much explination. Just in looking at his pics, it seems like they fit fine.

TX STIG is one of the guys I saw with them, I sent him a PM to see what's involved. If he PM's me back, I'll post up what he says. Hopefully he sees this thread and stops in to add his $.02. He's got a lot of pics in his sig that show most of his mods to great detail, but not much explination. Just in looking at his pics, it seems like they fit fine.

....hopefully he still reads the forums, since he sold that car!!!!!!!!

Yup, he does. Here's his response.

No worries Bill - it's a piece of cake!

Obviously you need to remove the front bumper, or at least have access to the back of the front bumper near the fog lights and use a circular saw blade on a drill to cut out the semi-ready holes.

Once this is done, simply apply some black gasket adhesive around the lip of the bezels and push into place and let dry. They will not be perfectly flush, but that will go unnoticed unless someone is on their knees right in front of the car.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I've sold the car, so I'm not on the site much anymore.

Good luck,

Bart

Archived