TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1965, 1966 Cobra dashboard gauges

I have been looking into buying a 65, 66 Cobra replica and I was curious as to how the original Cobra dashboard gauges were laid out. I have seen many different ways they can be laid out but I have no idea as to which layout is true to the original dashboard layout. I believe the original speedo was reversed so that 0 mph to 150 mph went anti clockwise. Is there anyone that can send me photos or a web site address so i can find out what a original dash layout looks like, Thanks Rob

I have been looking into buying a 65, 66 Cobra replica and I was curious as to how the original Cobra dashboard gauges were laid out. I have seen many different ways they can be laid out but I have no idea as to which layout is true to the original dashboard layout. I believe the original speedo was reversed so that 0 mph to 150 mph went anti clockwise. Is there anyone that can send me photos or a web site address so i can find out what a original dash layout looks like, Thanks Rob

try one of the CSX dealers,

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/dealers/?type=cobra

If you're looking for how the originals looked you'd need to specify 289 or 427 and race vs. street (or S/C).

Search for my pictures from the Shelby American Collection - there may be some dash shots there.

I am looking for a 427 street, I'm not really sure how to search for picks in the Shelby American Collection. Can you send me a link, Thanks

I am looking for a 427 street, I'm not really sure how to search for picks in the Shelby American Collection. Can you send me a link, Thanks

There are lots of links. Look in the Mountain regional groups by title or use the "search" line at the top of the page and enter shelby american collection I think all of the 427s at the SAC are likely to be competition or S/C.

If you want really accurate call Kirkham, they are great people and how many people can claim their car was built in a Polish MIG factory!

Doc Scott

They are good guys. But the knowledge he is asking for is available by contacting Gary Patterson at, hmmm, Shelby American?

Archived