TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quality Issues?

ageishecker

As I get closer to my expected delivery date for CSX6045 I'm thinking about some of the broad and general comments I've read regarding quality issues with some of the SA cars. I'd like to hear about some specific issues others have experienced that I should be looking for, especially those that wouldn't be found during a routine inspection. Thanks.

[you should have had it by now - is it still with the manufacture or is it with the selling dealer?

you want to find out if it is a hi-tech car or an HST car asap - the selling dealer should have told you when the car was ordered

if it is at the selling dealer they should be able to install the drivetrain and have the car finished (turn key) in less then a week.

Let us all know how it turns out

SGB

Finally got an update today. The chassis is on the jigs and the body is in the mold. Should be about 30 days from roller completion. Then off to the dealer/installer for drivetrain.

Now I still need any recommendations on issues to be looking for before I take delivery.

Finally got an update today. The chassis is on the jigs and the body is in the mold. Should be about 30 days from roller completion. Then off to the dealer/installer for drivetrain.

Now I still need any recommendations on issues to be looking for before I take delivery.

What dealer are you buying this from?

Hey Al,

You know pretty much what to look for with regards to the issues on 7076. If possible get SA to drop the nose down as if the engine was installed. That will give you a good idea of how 6045 will sit.

• 1 month later...

Any updates on the build???

Any updates on the build???

Getting a correct status on this has been one of the most frustrating and at times disappointing things I've ever been through. I really believe the problem is with Shelby or Shelby Distribution and not the dealer. The dealer is just as frustrated and angry as I am. The latest update is that the roller should be ready to ship to Las Vegas in early November. The dealer expects to receive it around Thanksgiving. It will be ready for delivery to me just about the time winter sets in around here, leaving me with the decision of keeping it in may garage all winter or leaving it with the dealer until Spring.

I'm told that my order went in right behind another dealer's order for 10 rollers. The overal timeline is actually OK with me. Even a January completion fits within the range of dates I was given when I placed the order. But the information from Shelby Distribution on the status of the roller has been all over the place. I get my hopes up that we're days away and then it turns into months.

Getting a correct status on this has been one of the most frustrating and at times disappointing things I've ever been through. I really believe the problem is with Shelby or Shelby Distribution and not the dealer. The dealer is just as frustrated and angry as I am. The latest update is that the roller should be ready to ship to Las Vegas in early November. The dealer expects to receive it around Thanksgiving. It will be ready for delivery to me just about the time winter sets in around here, leaving me with the decision of keeping it in may garage all winter or leaving it with the dealer until Spring.

I'm told that my order went in right behind another dealer's order for 10 rollers. The overal timeline is actually OK with me. Even a January completion fits within the range of dates I was given when I placed the order. But the information from Shelby Distribution on the status of the roller has been all over the place. I get my hopes up that we're days away and then it turns into months.

:(:nonono::banghead:

Sorry to hear of the frustrations that you are going through right now...Hopefully all will be forgotten when you take delivery of your Cobra...Keep us updated!

I had a nervous night after reading yesterday that HST had closed. My dealer confirmed this morning my body and chassis are safely accounted for in Las Vegas, along with a number of assorted parts and partially completed cars. I don't know yet what this does to my schedule, but it might actually work to my advantage. I'm going to try to relax while I wait for more info.

I had a nervous night after reading yesterday that HST had closed. My dealer confirmed this morning my body and chassis are safely accounted for in Las Vegas, along with a number of assorted parts and partially completed cars. I don't know yet what this does to my schedule, but it might actually work to my advantage. I'm going to try to relax while I wait for more info.

I'm sure SA has 6045 under control. I'll keep my fingers crossed she is home, in your hands real soon.

I guess at this point in time, it's better that 6045 is in Las Vegas, NV, USA than south of the border where it seems anything can happen anytime...I'll keep my fingers crossed that your Cobra is finished soon!

• 2 years later...

What a mess and a never-ending SAI soap opera....................

http://www.clubcobra...lby-cobras.html

Wow, total soap opera in the CSX community.

WTF?

Phill

Archived