TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A thousand (more) thanks to Shelby Store staff

Frank S

Grazie mille for solving a problem and salving a wound.

I ordered the 1:10-scale 1966 Cobra Super Snake R/C model, sight unseen (no picture on the Store site), and it was delivered with now-expected despatch, less than 48 hours from order acknowledgment to FedEx depositing it on my doorstep. Good work and thanks.

Although it was a true beauty, all Shelby blue, - and true to its inspiring shape, as we have learned to expect from Shelby Collectibles - the model didn't run, and it had a piece of rear bumper broken off and floating loose in the box. Such a disappointment. It appeared the box had taken a debilitating hit before it was packed for shipment to me: one corner was dented, the washers that held the car in place in the Styrofoam block were cracked, and the screws attaching the washers to the car were bent. One washer was broken and loose in the box. There didn't seem to be any corresponding bump on the external packaging.

I tried the known-good controller from my red GT500 model, and that car's battery pack, and wiggled the car's on-off switch and connections, but no life of any kind. The controller and battery pack that came with the new model worked fine in the red car.

I emailed Tim about the problem, and he sent another car, just like that. Two days from information to a completely new and functional model.

I'll bet there are other, similar stories that remain un-told.

As I said, kudos and a thousand thanks to Tim and the Store staff.

Grazie mille for solving a problem and salving a wound.

I ordered the 1:10-scale 1966 Cobra Super Snake R/C model, sight unseen (no picture on the Store site), and it was delivered with now-expected despatch, less than 48 hours from order acknowledgment to FedEx depositing it on my doorstep. Good work and thanks.

Although it was a true beauty, all Shelby blue, - and true to its inspiring shape, as we have learned to expect from Shelby Collectibles - the model didn't run, and it had a piece of rear bumper broken off and floating loose in the box. Such a disappointment. It appeared the box had taken a debilitating hit before it was packed for shipment to me: one corner was dented, the washers that held the car in place in the Styrofoam block were cracked, and the screws attaching the washers to the car were bent. One washer was broken and loose in the box. There didn't seem to be any corresponding bump on the external packaging.

I tried the known-good controller from my red GT500 model, and that car's battery pack, and wiggled the car's on-off switch and connections, but no life of any kind. The controller and battery pack that came with the new model worked fine in the red car.

I emailed Tim about the problem, and he sent another car, just like that. Two days from information to a completely new and functional model.

I'll bet there are other, similar stories that remain un-told.

As I said, kudos and a thousand thanks to Tim and the Store staff.

My pleasure! It's always nice to hear a good word!:salute:

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another for the books: Ordered the Shelby really-plush Yellow Terlingua hare "Usually ship in 4-6 weeks" carpets on the oneth of September, received them today the fifteenth. And I got a discount! Amazing.

Thank you, Shelby Store!

Edit: misspelled order day

Archived