TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do we get charged tax?

Well, here's one out of state folk, who had to pay NV sales tax. But, I picked up my car after the conversion from them in Vegas...dang I want my money back! :hysterical: Oh, the amount was on the total package cost and not for just the parts. That's different than my home state where they only tax parts and do not tax labor...oh well :banghead:

This is the key...

Roger's quote is likely correct 90% of the time, as I'm guessing most folks have them shipped even if they come out to inspect when done first.... As long as SA/SAI arranged for the shipping via common carrier to get the car/parts to the buyers home state, the weren't required to collect sales tax for those other states.

Yikes...I thought this was a simple question, with a simple answer...I didnt want to cause a problem with it.

I was just curious is all. No mention of Tax in the papers I have, but I wouldn't exactly call it a contract. Just an acknowledgemnet really.

Dont drag Roger over the coals here guys....who knows what SA's policy was before he started doing the deliveries. Perhaps they have that option to charge there or for you to do it in your home state, and you didnt think to ask.

That said, labor should not ever be taxed. If that were the case, my margins would be MUCH better. :hysterical:

Yikes...I thought this was a simple question, with a simple answer...I didnt want to cause a problem with it.

I was just curious is all. No mention of Tax in the papers I have, but I wouldn't exactly call it a contract. Just an acknowledgemnet really.

Dont drag Roger over the coals here guys....who knows what SA's policy was before he started doing the deliveries. Perhaps they have that option to charge there or for you to do it in your home state, and you didnt think to ask.

That said, labor should not ever be taxed. If that were the case, my margins would be MUCH better. :hysterical:

Yes, your right. I don't want to start something either...I picked the car up in person and expected to pay local sales tax. But, they charged me tax on the whole amount, parts and labor. As I stated above, I expected to pay tax on the parts, but not for the labor. That hurt the old pocket book a lot and was unexpected. It would have been much cheaper for me to have waited and payed the tax on the parts alone which is all that is required in my home state, as Roger stated SAI is doing now. I figure I'm out of luck here, but dang it all...I'll just wait and see how this plays out, but I'm not holding my breath...

For those living in high tax states like CA, paying the tax in NV and just moving on might be the best bet. As it stands now, the state of residence thinks you own a GT since the 350 package is a post title upgrade. So you'll probably continue to get your annual registration fee based on a GT. Just thinkin'.....

John

[/quo. Roger made a statement that there is no tax on the gt350 conversion. It's certaintly not up to roger or Shelby American to decide what the tax law is in the state of Nevada. What about all the people who paid tax on there super snake and turluinga conversions?? Rodger should check his facts before he makes a stupid post like he did,otherwise everyone who paid tax at SA for their conversions should call them on Monday and find out how to get a refund on tax paid. Tell them Roger sent you

Labor can and will be taxed when not broken out separately in some transactions, all advertising pushes these packages as lump sum contracts, 100% subject to sales/use tax.

Believe it or not, I do.

Definitely in the minority there! I'm surprised you don't get christmas card from the tax man!

Yes, your right. I don't want to start something either...I picked the car up in person and expected to pay local sales tax. But, they charged me tax on the whole amount, parts and labor. As I stated above, I expected to pay tax on the parts, but not for the labor. That hurt the old pocket book a lot and was unexpected. It would have been much cheaper for me to have waited and payed the tax on the parts alone which is all that is required in my home state, as Roger stated SAI is doing now. I figure I'm out of luck here, but dang it all...I'll just wait and see how this plays out, but I'm not holding my breath...

If your invoice breaks out labor separately, you have an issue, otherwise, you paid the correct tax. I know that's not the answer you want, sorry!

Archived