TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT, GT 350 or faux Shelby

springer

I had the boys out school shopping today and when we pulled in to park, the boys noticed this Shelby parked in the front of the lot - all by it's lonesome.

They said, "look, there is a car like yours." As I glanced at it, I acknowledged that it was, except for being a hardtop. On the way out of the store, I drove up by the car and parked nearby and examined it more closely. Sure enough, it was the same color as mine, but that was about it. It was striped over the top and wore the markings GT 350 on the lower front fender. I guess those faux GT 350's and Boss 302's are making the rounds, even here in the metroplex (Dallas/Fort Worth).

post-26281-128251047439_thumb.jpg

post-26281-128251049131_thumb.jpg

post-26281-128251047439_thumb.jpg

post-26281-128251049131_thumb.jpg

It aint real unless the hood scoop is warped.. :hysterical:

JUST JOKING AROUND.

Dealers have been passing off GT's as GT350's, Mach 1's, & BOSS's since '05. Some have been tastefully done, others not so much. The sad part is that some owners of these cars believe they have the real deal and paid just as much. Others know what they have and simply enjoy the look; to those individuals I say 'good for you'.

Just before I found my SGT I talked a deal on a '09 GT that was tastefully done up to mimic a Mach 1. The car looked great, but way over priced. In fact the bank would not approve the loan unless I increased my down payment because all they saw was a GT valued at something like $3k to 5k less then the selling price.

Dealers have been passing off GT's as GT350's, Mach 1's, & BOSS's since '05. Some have been tastefully done, others not so much. The sad part is that some owners of these cars believe they have the real deal and paid just as much. Others know what they have and simply enjoy the look; to those individuals I say 'good for you'.

Just before I found my SGT I talked a deal on a '09 GT that was tastefully done up to mimic a Mach 1. The car looked great, but way over priced. In fact the bank would not approve the loan unless I increased my down payment because all they saw was a GT valued at something like $3k to 5k less then the selling price.

Yeah, there was a guy I met at a car show that owned a Grabber Orange with Black Stripe Shelby GT! When I asked him he said that his dealer installed the "Shelby GT Appearance Package" when he bought it as he liked the one they had but could't afford it. He dealer said that for $2K more he could at least have the "Shelby GT Appearance Package"...poor guy I didn't have the heart to tell him he was so proud of it.

KKunR.jpg

bPNlA.jpg

:banghead:

Jeff, that orange GT is probably the worst as far as being a flagrant badging of a Shelby "poser." You can't blame SA for keeping their unique Shelby GT badging available as replacement parts for genuine cars only.

Anyhow, I thought everyone would get a "kick" out of the GT 350 in my photo. It would have been nice to talk to the guy and got his perspective on just what he was driving.

Man, that's just sad...

So what! You guys are missing the point... who cares if real or not he/she is a fellow Mustanger having fun and that is all that matters!

So what! You guys are missing the point... who cares if real or not he/she is a fellow Mustanger having fun and that is all that matters!

Your right.

they missed the point.

Someone somewhere said they want a cool mustang.

So he grabbed a few parts and made his pride and joy.

I don't think anyone missed 'the point'. It's simply said when someone believes or has been mislead to believe they own and drive the real deal when then don't, particularly if they paid the same money as the real deal. If they understand they don't have a real Shelby, or BOSS, or etc. then more power to them.

$2k for a Shelby GT 'appearance package' is ridiculous.

In the end result that is true, but its also a shame to see a fellow Mustanger ripped off like that. If he never knows the difference and is happy, well, ignorance is bliss as they say.

humm..he does have a point!

:headscratch:

See Jeff, I told you it would come in handy, LOL

The official Shelby GT finger print/DNA.

:hysterical:

The "GT 350" stripe kit is pretty common now. Most stripe and graphic companies have those kits now.

When I first purchased my SGT, a guy pulled up beside me at the local service station with a GT striped

just like my SGT with "GT 350" in the side stripe. He told me he had the kit put on just after he bought it.

The same guy has changed his stripes from silver to gold now. There is also a guy in town who has a

Bullitt and he had a red stripe kit put on his with "Bullitt" in the side stripe. So those kits are numerous!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Yeah.... unless there's more to it, $2k for stripes and those pbf badges is silly...

He also had the GT500 "SHELBY" on the back! :hysterical:

The stripes were painted on except the side stripes that were tape.

But still...

Hey, he was happy, and he did make a point of saying to everyone that mine was a real SGT and his just had the "appearance package", so again I didn't bother getting into a discussion.

Yeah, there was a guy I met at a car show that owned a Grabber Orange with Black Stripe Shelby GT! When I asked him he said that his dealer installed the "Shelby GT Appearance Package" when he bought it as he liked the one they had but could't afford it. He dealer said that for $2K more he could at least have the "Shelby GT Appearance Package"...poor guy I didn't have the heart to tell him he was so proud of it.

KKunR.jpg

bPNlA.jpg

That's as bad as me taking a generic pill and getting charged for the real deal and still being crazy mad !!! :hysterical: Things a dealer will do is shameless at times.

KKunR.jpg

bPNlA.jpg

Wow that pic is funny. "Hey honey, look in the glove box.....I know I have that paperwork for the appearance package around here somewhere". :hysterical:

Archived