TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Unauthorized Reproduction Hertz Memorabilia On Ebay

Just a reminder for the Hertz owners to be careful of some of the Hertz memorabilia being sold on ebay. There are sellers that are using a color copier to duplicate the "Hero Cards" and another seller is duplicating photographs that were originally signed by Carroll. There are also auctions for Hertz posters that were duplicated and are not even printed in the correct size as the original.

Of course these sellers don't tell you what they are selling are copies or they play word games in their auction description hoping to fool the buyer into believing its an original item. It's sad how these sellers take advantage of the Shelby enthusiast.

Be careful out there.

Steve

Just a reminder for the Hertz owners to be careful of some of the Hertz memorabilia being sold on ebay. There are sellers that are using a color copier to duplicate the "Hero Cards" and another seller is duplicating photographs that were originally signed by Carroll. There are also auctions for Hertz posters that were duplicated and are not even printed in the correct size as the original.

Of course these sellers don't tell you what they are selling are copies or they play word games in their auction description hoping to fool the buyer into believing its an original item. It's sad how these sellers take advantage of the Shelby enthusiast.

Be careful out there.

Steve

Whats the ebay sellers name. There only seams to be one who sells a bunch of stuff so It would help if we knew who to avoid.

QSS

Whats the ebay sellers name. There only seams to be one who sells a bunch of stuff so It would help if we knew who to avoid.

QSS

I'm not going to name specific sellers on a public bulletin board as that may interfere with any behind the scenes enforcement by Shelby Licensing or the Hertz corporation. My post is to be taken as more of a heads up that when it comes to Shelby memrobilia its not just the vintage stuff being reproduced.

Steve

I'm not going to name specific sellers on a public bulletin board as that may interfere with any behind the scenes enforcement by Shelby Licensing or the Hertz corporation. My post is to be taken as more of a heads up that when it comes to Shelby memrobilia its not just the vintage stuff being reproduced.

Steve

Fair enough. Go get em and rip their lips off!!!!!!! PUT THE SCREWS TO THEM TILL THEY :cry:

Yeah.

QSS

My advertising agency sent me to cover/photograph the NY public debuts of the GT500, GT-H and GT-500KR. Anything that I have sold on ebay is 100% original and authentic. I have noticed several of my photographs showing up in other auctions from "vintageautoliterature" in what appear to be scans and digital reprints.

Archived