TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great Ocean Road and South Australia wine tour in the Snake

Hi All,

We took the Snake on the 1500 mile trip along the Great Ocean road and through some of South Australia's amazing wine regions, Coonawarra, McClaren Vale and the Barossa Valley.

Its winter down under so not the best road trip weather, but we had great fun. As always the car went brilliantly and attracted attention everywhere.

You guys should get down here sometime and see this beautiful land.

Cheers

Jason.

p.s Zoom in on the Road Sign in the bacground.. "Drive on the left in Australia" ... these signs are everywhere on the Great Ocean Road.

P1040995.jpg

P1040996.jpg

P1050003.jpg

The snake covered in Limestone from the Coonawarra Winery driveways !!!! (it was wet some days hahah)

P1050007.jpg

P1050020.jpg

P1050023.jpg

P1050027.jpg

What taillights are on your SS

Those are export lenses. They are required in AU and the UK as well as some other countries too. Usually installed by the overseas upfitter in order to make the MOT (same as the DOT in US) happy.

Very, very, nice!! I'm taking my GT500 if I go back. Who did your conversion?

Definitely bring your car back. Mustang Motorsport did my conversion. They are the only authorised Shelby Mod Shop outside North America. They arent the cheapest, but they do a damn fine job. Do you really want a conversion done by hacks to save a few bucks !!!! not me. I wush we didnt have to change the rear lighs but we do, Mustang Motorsport added back the Sequential lighting but only on the two inside red tail lights... still they did the best they could.

Wineries visisted, Penfolds, Yalumba, Wynns, Rockford, TeAro, Hugh Hamiliton, too many to list all. It was a Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz trip for us, South Australia makes some of the best in the country, including the famous Penfolds Grange.

The Great Ocean road rocks and rolls like a roller coaster. I love carving through there as fast as my passenger permits haha.

Cheers Guys.

Last time I checked, I thought the conv would be about 25k, is that still close? I thought I had seen the amber on some in the center lens? I've been to 12Apostles many times. Last time I slept in the car park to catch the sunrise and got kicked out by the ranger. The waterfalls in the Otways are some of my all time favorite places. Plus love the SA wineries, especially up North, Clare valley... Your SS would be fantastic down there, just watch out for those cameras! Post some more pics.

Last time I checked, I thought the conv would be about 25k, is that still close? I thought I had seen the amber on some in the center lens? I've been to 12Apostles many times. Last time I slept in the car park to catch the sunrise and got kicked out by the ranger. The waterfalls in the Otways are some of my all time favorite places. Plus love the SA wineries, especially up North, Clare valley... Your SS would be fantastic down there, just watch out for those cameras! Post some more pics.

The 25k price is around the price Performax and others may charge, the center lens example is not Mustang Motorsport.

I think Mustang Motorsport charge a bit more for a standard GT500... At the end of the day its up to you.

I did have lots of other photos but only pasted up a few for the team, Its my plan next 18 months to do every major wine region in Australia, Hunter valley in NSW, Margoret River in western Australia (then run the Nullabor in the snake), Tassie pinot tour... it should be a blast.

I am pleased as punch my kids are old enough not to want to come hahaha.

I will take my youngest to the Mustang Nationals next year on the Gold Coast he will enjoy the road trip in the car.

hey, ive done Philip Island, Sandown race tracks and Haunted Hills, put on over 12k miles now and loving it. My car is for driving and enjoying, not just shine and show hahah.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived