TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New SC from Ford - 1 week after Boss reveal

From the horse's mouth, Job 1 - the Laguna Seca edition = 750 total available, MSRP $51K, std Boss 302 = 870 available, $42K MSRP. If you don't have a friend who is a connected Ford dealer, good luck getting one at MSRP in the next 12 months.

Ford will finance the GT350. They did for me and others at 0%!

Hi Michael,

So you were able to finance the entire car and the upgrade package which would be a minimum of $64,000? And if you were able to finance the package you were able to get zero percent? WOW thats hard to beat.....

This is the first I heard of numbers and pricing for the Boss thanks for the info. I know you were at the revealing so I am sure you are a 100% correct on the numbers and pricing. Now I have to contact my local Ford dealer to see if they will get me on the MSRP list.

I think they are a little foolish to cap the numbers so low. I hope this will not be a one year only car? If they are going to make a 2013 model it might be better to wait for the 2013.

I thought you could Chad, did'nt Roger say that was coming....use a credit line from business...company car! Haha!.

I thought he said that somewhere but if it was true it should be all over this site I bet that would entice more sales.

I have seen the GT350 at Tulsa and at the OshKosh airshow and my opinion is I would take my SGT/SC anyday over the GT350. It just doesn't give me that chilly feeling.

From the horse's mouth, Job 1 - the Laguna Seca edition = 750 total available, MSRP $51K, std Boss 302 = 870 available, $42K MSRP.

While it is interesting that your horse quoted you a total production number that is very close to the original 1969 Boss 302 total, I'm willing to bet that number will grow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boss_302_Mustang

Ford "people" like to be cute and one can see why that number was used. The issue is that the market for the standard version is far greater than roughly half of your quoted production. Supplying the base Boss 302 in greater numbers won't diminish demand for greater supply, until much higher numbers are available.

We shall see...

Prefering is not the issue.

Judgement and logic get a bit clouded when one is a member of a cult - Shelby or otherwise.

Beacause 356 owners never buy the rusted tub car beacause its a 356 do they? hysterical.gif

Haha just kidding, dude we love our Shelby's they are pretty special and the history of the marque is undeniable...

I drive mine almost everyday and the amount of interaction I have with strangers over the car is almost to the point of being too much...the cars are legendary. Period. And its pretty cool that they reinvigorated the brand.

Car folks making special limited production cars for other car folks pretty cool...

Now I dont understand 7k dollar Shelby watches or golf carts, but hey to each his own...

Bottom line for me is to wait. The way the ecom. is today - I am of the age of penny wise, pound foolish (retired and loving travel and life)... Have we not witness ALL Muscle Cars (only a few years old, low mileage) hitting the dealer lots within the past year? There maybe something to that - maybe not. So, I will wait for an N/A 350 or Boss to come along in a few years at a price that is penny wise. I love my SGT even with the Scoop, Pins, STRIPS issues; pic's taken by people all the time, questions asked, thumbs-up etc...

Doc :salute:

The dealers haven't gotten the order guide from ford yet. Not for several more months. At this point ford hasn't even locked down production numbers or pricing. The pricing will be set closer to intro. The people posting that they are in the know on pricing and volume are doing everyone a disservice . It's a secret just like Shelby saying how many orders they have for the gt350

From the horse's mouth, Job 1 - the Laguna Seca edition = 750 total available, MSRP $51K, std Boss 302 = 870 available, $42K MSRP. If you don't have a friend who is a connected Ford dealer, good luck getting one at MSRP in the next 12 months.

Yeah right. Where have I heard that language before. That sounds like some of that old car Salesman Jedi Mind Tricks talk, "Boys you better git them when you can, cause when they are gone, they are gone".

Bottom line, Ford is profit motivated. Profit and good returns to their shareholders is Ford's primary motivation. Don't let anyone fool you, the bean counters still run the place. If Ford can make a profit on the Boss 302, which I hope they will, they are going to make as many as they can sell.

The GT500 is a good example of that "limited production bull$hit talk. :yup:

I thought he said that somewhere but if it was true it should be all over this site I bet that would entice more sales.

I have seen the GT350 at Tulsa and at the OshKosh airshow and my opinion is I would take my SGT/SC anyday over the GT350. It just doesn't give me that chilly feeling.

They are going to mirror the 69,70,71 Boss production numbers - looks like 1620 2011s, 7013 2012s and 1802 for 2013.

Hi Michael,

So you were able to finance the entire car and the upgrade package which would be a minimum of $64,000? And if you were able to finance the package you were able to get zero percent? WOW thats hard to beat.....

This is the first I heard of numbers and pricing for the Boss thanks for the info. I know you were at the revealing so I am sure you are a 100% correct on the numbers and pricing. Now I have to contact my local Ford dealer to see if they will get me on the MSRP list.

I think they are a little foolish to cap the numbers so low. I hope this will not be a one year only car? If they are going to make a 2013 model it might be better to wait for the 2013.

My dealer - Wayne Morris Ford - offered 100% of the base car + 75% of the Shelby GT350 package thru Ford Motor Credit @ 0% for 36 months, 1.9% for 48 months and 4.9% for 60 months.

Good luck on the Boss 302, it is cool product placement in the Mustang line.

For me, I would get a GT500 go for the SVT pkg.

Yeah right. Where have I heard that language before. That sounds like some of that old car Salesman Jedi Mind Tricks talk, "Boys you better git them when you can, cause when they are gone, they are gone".

Bottom line, Ford is profit motivated. Profit and good returns to their shareholders is Ford's primary motivation. Don't let anyone fool you, the bean counters still run the place. If Ford can make a profit on the Boss 302, which I hope they will, they are going to make as many as they can sell.

The GT500 is a good example of that "limited production bull$hit talk. :yup:

The GT500 is an example of "limited production"

10,000 a year.

No more.

All this supercharger release tells me is that Ford and Shelby will have supercharged cars with little to no warranty on brand new cars, and that Roush will probably anounce a stage 3 5.0 with around 600 Hp and a 3 year / 36,00 mile warranty.

All this supercharger release tells me is that Ford and Shelby will have supercharged cars with little to no warranty on brand new cars, and that Roush will probably anounce a stage 3 5.0 with around 600 Hp and a 3 year / 36,00 mile warranty.

Just try and get Roush to HONOR their warranty! hysterical.gif

I have talked to several people where their warranty went POOF when they tried to use it. They will find a way to void it if they can. If you buy a Roush (which are great cars BTW) make sure you document EVERYTHING and follow the recommended maintainance EXACTLY. Take pictures of your odometer WITH the oil and filter in the same pictures or have EVERY bit of work done by the stealer, er, dealer.

Incorrect. Some time ago we posted the following:

All naturally aspirated GT350's will carry the full factory Ford warranty.

All supercharged, 525 HP version, GT350's would carry the same with the exception of the supercharger, which would be covered by the Ford racing 12/12 warranty.

Roger

Incorrect. Some time ago we posted the following:

All naturally aspirated GT350's will carry the full factory Ford warranty.

All supercharged, 525 HP version, GT350's would carry the same with the exception of the supercharger, which would be covered by the Ford racing 12/12 warranty.

Roger

I assume our warranty starts from the day sai delivers the car to us and not when the car arrived in Vegas? Is that correct?

No, the Ford warranty started when you bought the car, or when it was considered delivered to SAI, by my understanding. So much for the 6 months of free Sirius as well... :hysterical:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do not activate Sirius, it remain in a holding pattern. My 07 still has it's 6 month Subs. unused. I will get it on within the month.

Ok..I'll be the bastard and say it. I'm getting the GT350 and the Boss 302 Laguna Seca :shift: Already talked to the wife and figured out the budgeting! They are both going to be outstanding cars and I want both. Selling my 08 Vert though to do the Boss.

Ok..I'll be the bastard and say it. I'm getting the GT350 and the Boss 302 Laguna Seca :shift: Already talked to the wife and figured out the budgeting! They are both going to be outstanding cars and I want both. Selling my 08 Vert though to do the Boss.

right behind ya but selling a 911 instead. :salute:

right behind ya but selling a 911 instead. :salute:

I'd sell a 911 for the Boss 302...Can't say that I would for a 998 though :drool:

I don't know what is more impressive. Having both of these vehicles or the explanation you used to convince the wife "e". :D Lots of luck!

I don't know what is more impressive. Having both of these vehicles or the explanation you used to convince the wife "e". :D Lots of luck!

I "needed" a daily driver :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived