TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New SC from Ford - 1 week after Boss reveal

One week after the big boss reveal all the sudden ford releases news on their new supercharger that has passed certain and is 50 state legal.

Is this the same SC Shelby is waiting for the gt350?

Isnthis the same CARB cert Shelby needs to start ordering the parts required to actually sell the gt350?

I understand ford is the big fish and Shelby is the minnow but I'm sure if I was John Luft that I would be po'd with the obvious stall tactics used by ford to delay the gt350 SC cert until their boss and SC news was released.

Dubbs is right, how can fords gt plus sc outpower the gt350?

Someone much smarter than myself surely has this answer.

Please no more flaming pm's. Just relaying my thoughts.

Posted elsewhere but reposted for ease

My link

Edited by tony356

I think you forgot who made and brought the new 2011 5.0 to the market, Ford. And who is working with Whipple to make the 2.3 work on the new 5.0, Ford. And who is working out the tunes for the SC and 5.0 Ford. With out Ford there wouldn't be any current Shelby's.

May be SA should make their own SC like Roush, Saleen or SMS and so how long that takes?

I think you forgot who made and brought the new 2011 5.0 to the market, Ford. And who is working with Whipple to make the 2.3 work on the new 5.0, Ford. And who is working out the tunes for the SC and 5.0 Ford. With out Ford there wouldn't be any current Shelby's.

May be SA should make their own SC like Roush, Saleen or SMS and so how long that takes?

+1. You got to remember who is riding whos coat tails. Ford is not in business to make SAI profitable. Ford is in business to make money and give returns to their shareholders.

GOOD POINT THERE...

+1. You got to remember who is riding whos coat tails. Ford is not in business to make SAI profitable. Ford is in business to make money and give returns to their shareholders.

AGREED...This is the reality of the situation regardless of who likes/dislikes it.

Edited by goldgus

I'm sure with SA's announcement to pursue other than Ford for vehicle modifications did not sit well with Ford. I would hope Ford's strategy is not purposely delay the GT 350. If it were not for Carroll Shelby to assist with the mustang lord knows where Ford would be today.

Ford is "Big Blue" and in today's economy they will need to do anything to survive even at the cost of delays for their vendors. Keep in mind Ford needs to satisfy their share holders which is a much bigger picture than the few of us that wait for the GT 350.:cry:

I'm sure with SA's announcement to pursue other than Ford for vehicle modifications did not sit well with Ford. I would hope Ford's strategy is not purposely delay the GT 350. If it were not for Carroll Shelby to assist with the mustang lord knows where Ford would be today.

Ford is "Big Blue" and in today's economy they will need to do anything to survive even at the cost of delays for their vendors. Keep in mind Ford needs to satisfy their share holders which is a much bigger picture than the few of us that wait for the GT 350.:cry:

+1000

:yup:

One week after the big boss reveal all the sudden ford releases news on their new supercharger that has passed certain and is 50 state legal.

Is this the same SC Shelby is waiting for the gt350?

Isnthis the same CARB cert Shelby needs to start ordering the parts required to actually sell the gt350?

I understand ford is the big fish and Shelby is the minnow but I'm sure if I was John Luft that I would be po'd with the obvious stall tactics used by ford to delay the gt350 SC cert until their boss and SC news was released.

Dubbs is right, how can fords gt plus sc outpower the gt350?

Someone much smarter than myself surely has this answer.

Please no more flaming pm's. Just relaying my thoughts.

Posted elsewhere but reposted for ease

My link

Tony

This is great news for those of us "patiently" waiting for our GT350s!

The Supercharger certification has always been the long pole in the tent as far as the 350 program is concerned.

I am sure we will start seeing the customer deliveries flow out of Las Vegas now.

From the press release, if you want to give up the 12k/12 month warranty, you can now have a 624hp car!

I look forward to getting the call to come pick up my car soon.

michael

I think Ford has a vested interest in making the GT350 successful. Just as it has in all of the other specialty Mustangs. Whether Ford powers them with their own S/C, SAI builds them or Roush or someone else turns them out, Ford still sells a car and makes a profit. It's in Fords own, self-serving best interest to keep every Mustang enthusiast happy and energized, be it a Shelby or some other fan. Slowing down the production and eventual showcasing of any premium Mustang would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Now I have absolutely no idea why things are taking as long as they are. I don't know why the CARB certification is taking so long (well, living in CA gives me some insight but that's best left to another post!), why the parts are delayed - maybe it is the economy, or why information from SAI is more valuable than the GT350 itself. But I would be surprised if FoMoCo was subverting the overall process. I'm not saying they're not, just that I would be surprised.

John

I think Ford has a vested interest in making the GT350 successful. Just as it has in all of the other specialty Mustangs. Whether Ford powers them with their own S/C, SAI builds them or Roush or someone else turns them out, Ford still sells a car and makes a profit. It's in Fords own, self-serving best interest to keep every Mustang enthusiast happy and energized, be it a Shelby or some other fan. Slowing down the production and eventual showcasing of any premium Mustang would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Now I have absolutely no idea why things are taking as long as they are. I don't know why the CARB certification is taking so long (well, living in CA gives me some insight but that's best left to another post!), why the parts are delayed - maybe it is the economy, or why information from SAI is more valuable than the GT350 itself. But I would be surprised if FoMoCo was subverting the overall process. I'm not saying they're not, just that I would be surprised.

John

+1

There is no conspiracy here. I would bet Shelby knew all about the BOSS during it's and the 350's development. In fact I would assume the BOSS has been in development for longer then the GT350. These are two different cars and they both have room in the market just as they did in the late 60's. Shelby Purist will never consider the BOSS over the GT350 (they may consider owning one of each). Remeber, these two cars will be separated by $10-$30k.

+1

There is no conspiracy here. I would bet Shelby knew all about the BOSS during it's and the 350's development. In fact I would assume the BOSS has been in development for longer then the GT350. These are two different cars and they both have room in the market just as they did in the late 60's. Shelby Purist will never consider the BOSS over the GT350 (they may consider owning one of each). Remeber, these two cars will be separated by $10-$30k.

and a few lbs :hysterical:

Are you referring to the mod shop in Vegas, or a non-Ford project in the future..?

Did I miss something..?

Thanks..Greg

Well, I found out about the BOSS project in September of 2008 at a Shelby event. I knew what they were doing. I found out about the GT350 in September of 2009, even if I got no specifics on it or a view of it at the time. I beleive the GT350 plan was there for a LONG time, but just waiting for the 5.0. The BOSS was probably on the drawing boards back as early as 2007, when they were in development of the 5.0 as well.

This is great news because if I were in line to get a GT350 my order would now be cancelled and I would be buying a Boss 302.

????

I have seen both and the GT 350 is way cooler and way more in keeping with the Shelby legacy.

BTW - you might still be able to get on the list for a Z28!

No Z28 for me and I am not planning at this time to get a GT350 or Boss 302, I like my Shelby GT better than both. If I were in the Market today I would probably still go for the GT500 SVT, but a lot would depend on the Boss 302 price and seeing it in person. You all (broad brush) get so defensive when anyone mentions they would get something over a Shelby, LMAO.

Edited by carnut12

If the Boss Laguna Seca is 45K or under and if I can get zero percent financing I would choose the Boss over the GT350

The bummer about buying a new Shelby GT350 is you can not finance the package, if you don't have $34,000 (SC) or $27,000 (NA) saved up your not getting a GT350

If the Boss Laguna Seca is 45K or under and if I can get zero percent financing I would choose the Boss over the GT350

The bummer about buying a new Shelby GT350 is you can not finance the package, if you don't have $34,000 (SC) or $27,000 (NA) saved up your not getting a GT350

I thought you could Chad, did'nt Roger say that was coming....use a credit line from business...company car! Haha!.

DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner! While a lot of people would love to have a GT350, they can't afford to. Most people will be able to afford a Boss. Not a hard decision.

No Z28 for me and I am not planning at this time to get a GT350 or Boss 302, I like my Shelby GT better than both. If I were in the Market today I would probably still go for the GT500 SVT, but a lot would depend on the Boss 302 price and seeing it in person. You all (broad brush) get so defensive when anyone mentions they would get something over a Shelby, LMAO.

Seriously...I am with you, I still think that we have the optimum Shelby already bang for buck...all day long.

From the horse's mouth, Job 1 - the Laguna Seca edition = 750 total available, MSRP $51K, std Boss 302 = 870 available, $42K MSRP. If you don't have a friend who is a connected Ford dealer, good luck getting one at MSRP in the next 12 months.

Ford will finance the GT350. They did for me and others at 0%!

Edited by MMcGuirk