TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC 35

Running open track Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Grabber Blue 70 Boss 302 replica.

FIA Mike

? :headscratch: DRAG RACING -Racing entry fee is $50 per car.

Starts 3:30- 6:30

1- Can you get there at 4:30 and drag race?

2- Any safety gear need?

3- Do you need a helmet?

3- How many runs do you get for the $50?

4- Can verts drag race or run open track without a roll bar?

Still on the "fence" about attending.

Thanks

? :headscratch: DRAG RACING -Racing entry fee is $50 per car.

Starts 3:30- 6:30

1- Can you get there at 4:30 and drag race?

2- Any safety gear need?

3- Do you need a helmet?

3- How many runs do you get for the $50?

4- Can verts drag race or run open track without a roll bar?

Still on the "fence" about attending.

Thanks

http://www.saac.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=122&Itemid=128

The drag racing field is limited, you do need a helmet below 14 seconds, sport bars are acceptable according to the rules.

There are some great historical Ford drag cars scheduled to attend.

We are a Pre-Tech inspection site. Per the latest release of information: You will need a Snell SA2000 or newer helmet, convertibles need a 4 point roll bar (note Cobra roadsters can pass with the 3 point roll bar) , long sleve shirt, long pants, closed toe shoes, metal bracket mounted fire ext., Your car will also need to pass tech. Tech list is long but you should be good. Your main problem looks to the 4 point roll bar.

FIA Mike

Hi,

Got this today -

I've left for SAAC-35 and will be back 9/9. If you have any questions about the convention, they can

be answered by Ron Richards, email: ron.computerworks@gmail.com until 8/24 or Jay Talbott, email:

jay@jamestalbott.com until 8/24.

There are plenty of open track slots available for all three days and the only thing that is sold

out is the Saturday night dinner. You can sign up for everything at Embassy Suites hotel on Thursday

8/26 or at Infineon Raceway 8/27, 28 and 29.

I have an extra ticket for Saturday night's banquet for sale. PM if interested.

MM

More from SAAC -

Gentlemen,

We have the capacity for 100 drag racers and open track is NOT full either.

We have 44 signed up for Drag racing - 56 more can sign up.

We have 78 signed up for Friday, open track

101 signed up for Saturday OT

55 signed up for Sunday OT

I hope this answers your questions.

We will truly be closing the Lexington Registration office on Tues 8/24

at 10 AM EST. We will of course take walk-ups at the track (Friday to

Sunday). We will also be doing registration at the Embassy Suites Thurs

afternoon starting at 2 PM until 5 PM, local time. We will also be able

to do registration on Fri night during the Social Time 7:30 to 10 PM at

the Embassy Suites.

We are a Pre-Tech inspection site. Per the latest release of information: You will need a Snell SA2000 or newer helmet, convertibles need a 4 point roll bar (note Cobra roadsters can pass with the 3 point roll bar) , long sleve shirt, long pants, closed toe shoes, metal bracket mounted fire ext., Your car will also need to pass tech. Tech list is long but you should be good. Your main problem looks to the 4 point roll bar.FIA Mike

? Do I need a roll bar or is the helmet and fire extinguisher the only things I need?

From what you are saying sounds like I do need a roll bar.

TNX

Attending the drags Friday night and running open track all day Saturday. You should come check it out. You won't regret it.Jim

I had reservations at the Four Points Sheraton in San Rafael. After reading the above posts I cancelled. Not my thing to watch others do their thing. Are you driving up each day?

Hi,Got this today -I've left for SAAC-35 and will be back 9/9. If you have any questions about the convention, they can be answered by Ron Richards, email: ron.computerworks@gmail.com until 8/24 or Jay Talbott, email: jay@jamestalbott.com until 8/24.There are plenty of open track slots available for all three days and the only thing that is sold out is the Saturday night dinner. You can sign up for everything at Embassy Suites hotel on Thursday 8/26 or at Infineon Raceway 8/27, 28 and 29.I have an extra ticket for Saturday night's banquet for sale. PM if interested.MM

I will try your e-mail

More from SAAC -From: SAAC Membership Office <membership@saac.com>Gentlemen,We have the capacity for 100 drag racers and open track is NOT full either.We have 44 signed up for Drag racing - 56 more can sign up.We have 78 signed up for Friday, open track101 signed up for Saturday OT55 signed up for Sunday OTI hope this answers your questions.We will truly be closing the Lexington Registration office on Tues 8/24at 10 AM EST. We will of course take walk-ups at the track (Friday toSunday). We will also be doing registration at the Embassy Suites Thursafternoon starting at 2 PM until 5 PM, local time. We will also be ableto do registration on Fri night during the Social Time 7:30 to 10 PM atthe Embassy Suites.

I'd love to Drag the vert but sounds like I can't. I thought the open track had even more restrictions. :headscratch:

? Do I need a roll bar or is the helmet and fire extinguisher the only things I need?

TNX

I had reservations at the Four Points Sheraton in San Rafael. After reading the above posts I cancelled. Not my thing to watch others do their thing. Are you driving up each day?

I will try your e-mail

I'd love to Drag the vert but sounds like I can't. I thought the open track had even more restrictions. :headscratch:

Hey,

The convertible restrictions seem to be universal. I did read that they will let you drag but not track.

Other than the driving events, this is a fairly historic Shelby event. Besides the really unbelievable cars in attendance, having a chance to rub elbows with Chuck Cantewell, Bernie Krechmar, Carroll Shelby, Pete Brock and many others is not an opportunity that we will be able to count on in the future in our backyard.

Come hang out with us.

Michael

2009droptop,

If you have a vert and want to open track you will need a 4 point roll bar. I'm not positive on the roll bar requirement for the drags. Joe Silva is in charge of tech. I'd give him a call at 650-961-5311 to ask if a roll bar is required for the drag race.

Hope this helps, FIA Mike

TNX

I will try your e-mail

Hey there,

Yes I will be driving there Friday night and early Saturday morning. You really should go.

Jim

Hey,

The convertible restrictions seem to be universal. I did read that they will let you drag but not track.

Other than the driving events, this is a fairly historic Shelby event. Besides the really unbelievable cars in attendance, having a chance to rub elbows with Chuck Cantewell, Bernie Krechmar, Carroll Shelby, Pete Brock and many others is not an opportunity that we will be able to count on in the future in our backyard.

Come hang out with us.

Michael

Michael,

When and where will Chuck, Bernie and Carroll be? Any idea, I don't want to miss them.

Jim

More from SAAC -

Gentlemen,

We have the capacity for 100 drag racers and open track is NOT full either.

We have 44 signed up for Drag racing - 56 more can sign up.

We have 78 signed up for Friday, open track

101 signed up for Saturday OT

55 signed up for Sunday OT

I hope this answers your questions.

We will truly be closing the Lexington Registration office on Tues 8/24

at 10 AM EST. We will of course take walk-ups at the track (Friday to

Sunday). We will also be doing registration at the Embassy Suites Thurs

afternoon starting at 2 PM until 5 PM, local time. We will also be able

to do registration on Fri night during the Social Time 7:30 to 10 PM at

the Embassy Suites.

? Is anyone checking this e-mail address?

Thanks

Archived