TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forum Searches

Hopefully, someone knows how to do this. Its probably staring me in the face, but I just can't find it...

When I come to this forum the first time each day (or at least a few times a week), I click on the New Content link in the upper right corner. The problem is that if you don't read through all of them at that time, you lose your place. If that doesn't make any sense, let me give an example that just happened.

At about 5:30, I logged in to the board. Haven't read any messages here since sometime yesterday. I click on the New Content link, and I get page one. It shows that there are 7 pages of topics since my last visit. I get through a couple of pages, then answer a PM. Now, I know if I click on the New Content link again, it will just show what is new in the last few minutes. So, I just use my browser's (Firefox) Back button to go back to page 2 of 7. When I get to the end of page 2, there is no page 3, even though there was supposed to be 7 pages. I understand programatically whats going on, so I'm not faulting the software.

I've tried doing a search on all posts in the past 36 hours. I go to the search page and enter the "from" and "to" date/time, but leave the search field blank. Well, it doesn't like that. You have to put something in to search for. But, if I do that, it will only search for that particular term.

I've seen other forums that have a link that says something like "Most active content in last 24 hours", or something like that.

Is there any way to get the forum to show you what has been posted since your last login, and not lose your place if you go do something else?

Thanks

09KR0058,

When you finish your PM activity, or you log-on again to TS in less than 24 hours after your last visit... click on Forums first, then click on "Today's active content" to the right of "View New Content". This will give you everything on the boards in the last rolling 24 hour period.

Thanks for the reply, but I just realized I didn't state the question correctly. What I'm looking for is a way to see ALL messages that have been posted since my last visit, again without losing my place if I do a PM.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, but I just realized I didn't state the question correctly. What I'm looking for is a way to see ALL messages that have been posted since my last visit, again without losing my place if I do a PM.

Thanks

09KR0058,

Open up a second Internet window on your computer and go to Team Shelby. You'll see that you are logged-on. You can access your PM file from there (or pretty much anything else, searches, your latests posts, etc) without losing your place on the board in the first window.

Archived