TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just picked up #1128 Shelby Dakota

MuscleMopars

Just picked up Shelby Dakota # 1128. It is a White 62K mile rust free truck that is pretty much all original. Problem is, you know...the paint is peeling in several areas. The truck is a nice truck and runs and drives SWEET! I'm debating weather or not to repaint it or just leave it be and drive it. The only thing not stock is the window tint and the exhaust and it has been lowered. Here is a pic...

post-29820-128233515328_thumb.jpg

post-29820-128233515328_thumb.jpg

Just picked up Shelby Dakota # 1128. It is a White 62K mile rust free truck that is pretty much all original. Problem is, you know...the paint is peeling in several areas. The truck is a nice truck and runs and drives SWEET! I'm debating weather or not to repaint it or just leave it be and drive it. The only thing not stock is the window tint and the exhaust and it has been lowered. Here is a pic...

Nice find is it only lowered in the rear? The fronts of these trucks drop about 1 inch with age due to the heavier engine on the stock v-6 sport front springs. Is your steering wheel full leather wrapped or part wood and leather. Mine is #995 red full leather wrapped and have been restoring it since i purchased it in March (paint is faded some I buffed the fool out of it)(186,000 miles) looks alot better now for the time being.

Welcome to the Team Shelby forums MM, glad you found us. Not much you can do with the peeling paint on the white Dakota's although yours appears to still have most of its paint. Basically you tolerate it as long as you can then you have it repainted.

Don't forget to register your Shelby in the Shelby American Registry. A link to the registry can be found in my signature line.

Steve

Welcome to the Team Shelby forums MM, glad you found us. Not much you can do with the peeling paint on the white Dakota's although yours appears to still have most of its paint. Basically you tolerate it as long as you can then you have it repainted.

Don't forget to register your Shelby in the Shelby American Registry. A link to the registry can be found in my signature line.

Steve

Steve,

Do you have original dealer info on these (my) trucks?

Thanks,

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. I had mine repainted this past fall. It was peeling really badly. If it's kept inside you might be able to get away with leaving it as is. If it's outside for any length of time, it'll most likely keep peeling. I was always finding white flakes in my driveway whenever there was a heavy rain or a stiff breeze.

Can I post your picture on www.shelby-dodge.com? I don't have one of yours yet.

Phatnlow - I don't have a picture of your 995 either. Can you send one?

Nice. I had mine repainted this past fall. It was peeling really badly. If it's kept inside you might be able to get away with leaving it as is. If it's outside for any length of time, it'll most likely keep peeling. I was always finding white flakes in my driveway whenever there was a heavy rain or a stiff breeze.Can I post your picture on www.shelby-dodge.com? I don't have one of yours yet. Phatnlow - I don't have a picture of your 995 either. Can you send one?

post-29820-128352357298_thumb.jpg

Here is a better pic after I cleaned it up a bit.

post-29820-128352357298_thumb.jpg

Archived