TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Wheels

Question for SAI. I see there's someone selling a set of Super Snake wheels in the for sale section and he claims they are the real deal with Super Snake engraved on them. My question is if I were to damage one of my wheels some how and it was not repairable by a local shop am I able to purchase a replacement wheel from Shelby or am I SOL. I would love to get a spare set just for this reason but there is no way I'm paying a crazy price for a set of wheels just to have incase I damage a wheel. It would be nice to know if replacements are available if needed. Thanks Butch

Question for SAI. I see there's someone selling a set of Super Snake wheels in the for sale section and he claims they are the real deal with Super Snake engraved on them. My question is if I were to damage one of my wheels some how and it was not repairable by a local shop am I able to purchase a replacement wheel from Shelby or am I SOL. I would love to get a spare set just for this reason but there is no way I'm paying a crazy price for a set of wheels just to have incase I damage a wheel. It would be nice to know if replacements are available if needed. Thanks Butch

I am not responding for SAI of coarse, but I had that exact issue. A wheel that was unrepairable. They were great about replacing it, but they insisted the damaged wheel be sent to them first before they would send the new one (I thought that was a VERY good policy). You would of coarse have to pay for the new wheel.

I am not responding for SAI of coarse, but I had that exact issue. A wheel that was unrepairable. They were great about replacing it, but they insisted the damaged wheel be sent to them first before they would send the new one (I thought that was a VERY good policy). You would of coarse have to pay for the new wheel.

Yep, sounds like a very good policy to me.

All over this, the scoop is this is the 2nd. time these particular wheels are for sale. They came off a SS that the customer sold because he changed the wheels. :shrug:

Sold them to another person who never mounted them then sold them to the current buyer.

Not uncommon but it does happen.

Roger

Edited by roger-SAI

All over this, the scoop is this is the 2nd. time these particular wheels are for sale. They came off a SS that the customer sold because he changed the wheels. :shrug:

Sold them to another person who never mounted them then sold them to the current buyer.

Not uncommon but it does happen.

Roger

And as you guys have said, once it is sold to someone, they can do whatever they want with it.

I realize Shelby has no control over what a individual does with his/her property. I'm not sure why so many others don't (realize it).

Shelby American (SAI/SA/SPP/whatever) does a pretty fair job of *trying* to secure exclusivity for buyers of their "exclusive" vehicles.

Harley does the same thing. Try getting a 95th anniversery gas tank badge for a Harley-Davidson....good luck! I hope you have the old one and it didn't get stolen! (which is pretty common, for punks to steal car/bike emblems).

It happened to my Wife's Acura, right in front of our eyes as we watched a truck stop next to her car, a guy gets out with a screwdriver, runs up to the back of her car, POPS the "A" emblem off and they boogie on down the road. By the time we got the KEYS to the car, they were long gone.

Someone mentioned that you better watch your Super Snake and/or KR wheel center caps. I AGREE! (some Mfgr.'s make "locks" for oft stolen items).

Remember when the kids were stealing hood ornaments? Mercedes and Caddy were the two biggies. A company finally started making a kit you could put on so when they bent the ornament forward to cut the spring, it set the horn off and wouldn't stop until reset (a simple relay will do that).

Anyone know of anyone who has had any KR or SS specific logos or emblems stolen?

I wonder how Shelby would handle that?

Sad, but true....

Phill Pollard