TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brembos for Betsy

Well, I got my new (GT500 takeoffs) from the Fedex man a couple days ago from 08VaporGT5000. (Thanks Alex)

I've gotten them cleaned up and I will install in the next week or so.

Question:

I want to change the pads and would like folks input on which way to go.

BTW, the calipers and rotors are HUGE compared to the stockers! :)

will they fit with the 18" CS69 wheels?

Yes, they will.

Good to hear Dan...Alex put some pads on mine that worked well and didn't dust to much...just can't remember what they are :fool: Alex will know .... see you in a few days :happy feet:

Talked to Alex again. He suggests Autozone C-Max pads, with 5.1 fluid (Of course)

I will post up after install...

Dan I called Sam Strano at Strano Performance on the advice of another TS member and he said the Ferrodo fronts and Hawk rears were the kind set up, thats what I have in the shop, I have not tried them out yet due to circumstance, but may try to get them on this weekend.

I have heard others having good results with these pads for street/ track day use....and what Mr. Strano suggested.

I can get the part numbers if youd like but would recommend Sam Stranos shop he is a really,really cool guy, we had a great conversation and he hooked me up with a good price and very fast shipping.

Sam Strano is the F-Stock SCCA Autocross National Champion in his Shelby GT.

Sam Strano is the F-Stock SCCA Autocross National Champion in his Shelby GT.

Momentary thread hijack:

Love to hear stories of the SGT's layin' the smack down at the track! I almost bought an SGT from a guy in Danbury, CA last year that raced his and said he had very good success, maybe even a championship of some kind in his regional SCCA class. That was one of the first conversations I had that clued me into how track capable these cars are! :shift:

</hijack>

Did I hear correctly?? Are you going to come to our Big Bear cruise this weekend Dan?? I hope you do...it will be a nice turnout...

Like I explained on the phone, I use the Autozone C-Max front and rear pads. $58 for the front, and $66 for the rear....low brake dust, rotor friendly, and amazing stopping power. Many of my autocross and drag racing customers and friends have switched to these and love them...plus you get a lifetime warranty!!!

I also use the Napa 5.1 fluid....same stuff as Motul, Ford Racing, Baer, etc but less cost...almost 1/2 the price for the same stuff.....

Alex

Did I hear correctly?? Are you going to come to our Big Bear cruise this weekend Dan?? I hope you do...it will be a nice turnout...

Like I explained on the phone, I use the Autozone C-Max front and rear pads. $58 for the front, and $66 for the rear....low brake dust, rotor friendly, and amazing stopping power. Many of my autocross and drag racing customers and friends have switched to these and love them...plus you get a lifetime warranty!!!

I also use the Napa 5.1 fluid....same stuff as Motul, Ford Racing, Baer, etc but less cost...almost 1/2 the price for the same stuff.....

Alex

I can not get to Big Bear this weekend. Friday is my anniversary (27 wonderful years...mostly :hysterical: )and I have a poker tourney on Sat.

My local Autozone has the pads in stock. I will pick up pads after work tonight. I'm geting a light skim-cut on the rotors tomorrow morning, and away we go! :happy feet:

Just installed mine today, GT500 take-offs. They are extremely nice and very noticeable stopping power. The Brembo bling is awesome looking! :)

Can you point me the direction of a good place to buy some take offs that aren't all dinged up? That's all I can seem to find. Really wishing I hadn't sold my set last fall.

Can you point me the direction of a good place to buy some take offs that aren't all dinged up? That's all I can seem to find. Really wishing I hadn't sold my set last fall.

PM Alex (08VaporGT500). He'll get on his list and hook you up in no time....

I have 3 people on the list right now for take off Brembos. If you have any take offs for a good price or want to be added to the list, please PM me.....If I upgrade your brakes on your GT500's to the 6 piston units I can sell your old ones for you right away...

Alex

I have 3 people on the list right now for take off Brembos. If you have any take offs for a good price or want to be added to the list, please PM me.....If I upgrade your brakes on your GT500's to the 6 piston units I can sell your old ones for you right away...

Alex

PM'd

Just installed mine today, GT500 take-offs. They are extremely nice and very noticeable stopping power. The Brembo bling is awesome looking! smile.gif

Now if you just had some more hp! poke.gifburnout.gif Cheers Swedeman! I wish I could actually get mine on the car...dang life gets in the way of fun! haha! Congrats!

Now if you just had some more hp! poke.gifburnout.gif Cheers Swedeman! I wish I could actually get mine on the car...dang life gets in the way of fun! haha! Congrats!

I really do hear you Randy, more hp! I have never tabled the thought of having it done but we both know as time goes by the actuallality of having it done is ...well... a long shot at best. I have much respect for you they way you pulled the trigger to get yours done, that was an excellent decision and envied by many I am sure. Anyway yes the Brembos do act well even on the street and the looks are very striking. They were noticed immediately right when I drove into a meet last Saturday. This is a mod I'd do again. Good luck with yours-

Alex

As soon as my hapless dealer gets my car back to me with new stripes and scoop, I'm taking off my Brembos to upgrade to Extreme +.

Calipers (very small paint chip on one), rotors (with nice black enamel painted hub area), Goodridge s/s lines, dust shields, and Speed Bleeders installed (original bleeders included). I'll let ya know.

Jer

Archived