TEAM SHELBY FORUM

come back Burning Blue Star

Torched10

Yeah, Blue's info ended with me getting my same car 6 weeks earlier and lead down the road to putting another $2,000 in my pocket as well (along with some Helpful info Bob gave me).

Blue has contributed more information to the community than just production numbers too, the forum is a lesser place without you blue. Come back!

He may be here, as part if the TS witness protection program.

Probably mowing lawns and living in a suburb with a new forum name like "ChevySS4evr"...

Hope you're reading this and know we appreciate the forum feedback you've posted in addition to your VIN help.

-Wingrider

+1 to all the comments. Your work was greatly appreciated by all. Now I wish I would have saved my stats as I didn't know they would be gone. Oh well. Either way, hope you get back before too long!!!

I might be kicking the hornets nest, but why did TS remove his posts? I havent heard anything about it.

MM

I believe he actually asked the mods to remove his production total posts. I can still find other posts by him as I perform a search right now so it doesn't look like all of his posts have been removed.

OK. He didnt send it to ALL mods, but he could have asked one to move them.

I wonder why?

MM

I'm currently chasing after 3 possible theories:

1) The evil dealer theory.

Some Ford dealer got caught lying about either an order or production totals by a customer referencing Blue's data. He ran to Ford, Ford ran to their lawyers who sent a threating letter to Blue or his employer to get him to stop scraping VINs. Blue, fearing for his families financial future, cleaned up his internet trail and has gone off the grid.

2) The evil Ford executive theory.

Some low level marketing type was just promoted to mid-level Ford web executive. At some meeting on internet hit rates it was noted that the VIN lookup site was more highly trafficed then they had thought it would be. After 4-5 days of emergency meetings explaining to the new executive what a website connected to a database actually allowed as far as data access, he called in Ford's lawyers. To the evil Ford executive, customers armed with real data rather than marketing fluff must be bad and "scraping data" sounds almost as bad as "hacked" . The lawyers called Carrol Shelby ,who personally deleted the offending production thead posts and blocked Blue from accessing the TS board.

3) Reformed Blue theory

Blue finally got around to reading the Z06 vs GT500 thread and all the posts on the wax thread and realized the error of his ways. He sold his GT500 and bought a red Z06 along with 20 bottles of Zymol Concours. Now reformed and not wanting to aid the evil GT500 types and their sacrilegous waxing techniques he deleted his threads and now hangs out on the www.z06vette.com board.

Has anyone tried to PM him for the real story?

I'm currently chasing after 3 possible theories:

1) The evil dealer theory.

Some Ford dealer got caught lying about either an order or production totals by a customer referencing Blue's data. He ran to Ford, Ford ran to their lawyers who sent a threating letter to Blue or his employer to get him to stop scraping VINs. Blue, fearing for his families financial future, cleaned up his internet trail and has gone off the grid.

2) The evil Ford executive theory.

Some low level marketing type was just promoted to mid-level Ford web executive. At some meeting on internet hit rates it was noted that the VIN lookup site was more highly trafficed then they had thought it would be. After 4-5 days of emergency meetings explaining to the new executive what a website connected to a database actually allowed as far as data access, and because "scraping data" sounds almost as bad a "hacked" , he called in Ford's lawyers. The lawyers called Carrol Shelby ,who personally deleted the offending production thead posts and blocked Blue from accessing the TS board.

3) Reformed Blue theory

Blue finally got around to reading the Z06 vs GT500 thread and all the posts on the wax thread and realized the error of his ways. He sold his GT500 and bought a red Z06 along with 20 bottles of Zymol Concours. Now reformed and not wanting to aid the evil GT500 types and their sacrilegous waxing techniques he deleted his threads and now hangs on on the www.z06vette.com board.

Has anyone tried to PM him for the real story?

I have PMd him--awaiting.Dont think we all should contact him, other than this thread--he may be spooked by Ford right now

OK. He didnt send it to ALL mods, but he could have asked one to move them.

I wonder why?

If he asked the Mod/s to remove the thread that tells me he received a Nastygram from Ford Motor Company's legal dept.

I've been in the same position with information I posted on my Harley-Davidson Twin-Cam based forum.

I posted a pdf of a wiring diagram for the (then) "new Delphi ESPFI" system. I got the diagram from a Dealer Tech and I posted it under my account to "break the paper trail" to the Tech.

Somehow they figured out who my source was and the management at his dealership called him to the carpet. They showed him the diagram I posted and the thread it generated (it may have had file properties embedded in it that I didn't know about).

After he was done with his reaming he wrote me warning me that "they had a file on me, with my full true name, address and phone numbers, what kind of bikes I have (I have two H-D's), what mods I have on them, where I bought the newest one from (I bought at a dealer), etc. etc. etc. It sounded like they were preparing to file legal action against me.

They demanded I remove the file and the Tech asked me via private e-mail to remove it too. Out of concern for HIM and his job, I removed it.

On another occasion I received photo's of a "new" water-cooled Harley that had been successfully kept secret. There was a embargo on ALL information regarding the bike (it was the new VRSC "V-Rod"). I got a full set of photo's of the bike and posted them to my site. They hit the Internet like a wildfire.

I got phone calls from the editor of a MAJOR motorcycle magazine (a friend of mine, Howard Kelly of HOT BIKE MAGAZINE) begging me to tell him where I got the pics from. I got "threats" from H-D execs but I flat out refused to give up my source. This was TWO MONTHS prior to the press embargo being lifted so it was a big deal. I was also the Tech Writer for a biker magazine and we published them in our magazine....again, TWO MONTHS prior to ANY other magazine.

H-D was having fits but there wasn't anything they could do to me as *I* did not sign their confidentiality agreement to their embargo. Had my source been given up, they would have been in deep doo-doo.

Regardless, I found how just *how* much the Mfgr's. monitor sites like this one to keep up on any "legal issues" that may arise.

If you don't think the Mfgr.'s legal dept is monitoring sites like THIS ONE, you are fooling yourself. They have a legal obligation to protect their trademarked and/or copyrighted material. If they do not aggressively pursue violators, they *will* lose their rights to said property. They are not doing it to be pricks, they are doing it because they legally have to (or lose it).

I guaranty he got a demand to "cease and desist" which prompted him to remove the offending information.

Personally, since what he posted is public information (available to the general public), if it had been me I think I would have told them to GO FUG THEMSELVES....but having said that, I don't know if they had him on some legal hook (harvesting the information voilating their Terms of Service/Usage, etc.).

What's important to realize is that HE felt it necessary to remove the information for some reason.

And *that* is the bottom line.

This place is way too "restrictive"...

I just renewed my membership last month, but it may be the last time I do it...

Tired of walking on eggshells. You can post whatever you want on any of the "other" GT500 enthusiast sites.

We're all just trying to help each other out by finding and sharing information that Ford's antiquated flawed system just cant give us.

I mean c'mon - Amy Boylan has been gone HOW LONG, and no new posts or effort from Shelby's execs?

Blue- You're good by me brother... Hope you're out enjoying your Shelby somewhere.

GUS

I second that goldgus, I'll leave it at that to avoid the drama censored.gif

I dont understand all the "drama" about this. People have too much time on there hands evidently and sit around making a mountain out of a mole hill. It was all explained by Blue in his last couple of threads and it's very simple. Ford (for their own reasons) simply began incrypting the source that Blue was using for his information. Blue in return asked the moderators here to remove the thread and they did, end of story. Everything else here and the other thread is "what if" speculation. ??????? Life is too short, there are REAL things to worry about. IMHO

This place is way too "restrictive"...

I just renewed my membership last month, but it may be the last time I do it...

Tired of walking on eggshells. You can post whatever you want on any of the "other" GT500 enthusiast sites.

We're all just trying to help each other out by finding and sharing information that Ford's antiquated flawed system just cant give us.

I mean c'mon - Amy Boylan has been gone HOW LONG, and no new posts or effort from Shelby's execs?

Blue- You're good by me brother... Hope you're out enjoying your Shelby somewhere.

GUS

I'm with you. I won't be renewing my membership next year. I had a thread I started deleted for no real reason.

I dont understand all the "drama" about this. People have too much time on there hands evidently and sit around making a mountain out of a mole hill. It was all explained by Blue in his last couple of threads and it's very simple. Ford (for their own reasons) simply began incrypting the source that Blue was using for his information. Blue in return asked the moderators here to remove the thread and they did, end of story. Everything else here and the other thread is "what if" speculation. ??????? Life is too short, there are REAL things to worry about. IMHO

This thread is simply an example, not the sole reason. I made a one line post saying that I agree with someone, you wrote a whole paragraph telling me why my OPINION is wrong, but I have too much time on my hands..... :talkhand: It's very simple, I don't think what I got for the money I paid to be a "member" was worth the cost. Therefore, I won't be rejoining. I've been a member of numerous Mustang boards and even moderated a few, for more than 10 years and have never had a thread locked until I came here...

Besides, your missing the point here. This thread has nothing to do with conspiracy theories, it simply refers to the fact that Blue hasn't posted much or at all, since the two threads he made were removed. We want him back, why is that such a problem for you?

First Im sorry that yall arent going to renew. Alot of great info and great folks. We are glad to have yall.

I wasnt trying to stir the pot when I asked what happened. I have been contacted before by FORD about a post on TS. They asked me to CORRECT the post and I did! Does FORD watch this Forum and others? YES! I would think for a couple of reason. To protect themselves and to find out what folks in the real world are thinking and might improve the product!

Dont be a stranger blue. You have helped me a few times and I thank you for that!!

MM

Does FORD watch this Forum and others? YES! I would think for a couple of reason. To protect themselves and to find out what folks in the real world are thinking and might improve the product!

Like I said in my post, if there's anyone here that doesn't think the Mfgr's. monitor these forums, they are sadly mistaken.

When I found out *who* at Harley-Davidson was monitoring my site, I was shocked. It was the LEAD ENGINEER for the Twin-Cam project! This is the guy that actually sat down and *designed* the bike and engine.

Also a guy from their Product Development Center (PDC) and a head guy (Union Rep) from the factory production line.

Along with a TON of aftermarket designers.

Oh, they monitor these sites alright. A lot of parts that hit the aftermarket are a direct result of input from sites just like this one.

I know this for FACT,

Phill

Well I hope they'll start monitoring my rear end moan sound thread! It's freaking ridiculous that nobody in Ford's service line of command is able to help the dealer fix this problem. I get it that specialty vehicles like the GT500 are going to make noise above and beyond, say a Taurus. But to have a rear end that moans louder than the engine and exhaust in turns and can be heard inside the car behind me is just flat out ridiculous.

Instead of Ford cracking down on us finding out how many blue cars were made in the month of July, how about they start fixing the problems that some of us gunniea pigs are finding?

Well I hope they'll start monitoring my rear end moan sound thread! It's freaking ridiculous that nobody in Ford's service line of command is able to help the dealer fix this problem. I get it that specialty vehicles like the GT500 are going to make noise above and beyond, say a Taurus. But to have a rear end that moans louder than the engine and exhaust in turns and can be heard inside the car behind me is just flat out ridiculous.

Instead of Ford cracking down on us finding out how many blue cars were made in the month of July, how about they start fixing the problems that some of us gunniea pigs are finding?

The some of the guys on Fords internet patrol like games, don't post your VIN. I made that mistake. Ford has a sausage finger on this web site.

The some of the guys on Fords internet patrol like games, don't post your VIN. I made that mistake. Ford has a sausage finger on this web site.

Yep, that's how they knew what mods were on my (still under warranty) Harley!

I posted every mod I ever did (Zippers 95" Toque King Kit, heads, cams, pipes, etc.) to my bike and they had it all in "my file". And they didn't need my VIN, they just needed my full name. I also posted where I bought my bike at so that would make it easier too.

Phill

Archived