TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ARGH! Shelby Battery Brace!

I must be a complete dunce, because what I thought would be a couple minute install turned into an hour and I STILL don't have it done!

Has anyone done the SHELBY billet battery hold down bar? I can't get it to mount and lay flat on the battery. It's either loose or it pinches at an angle and doesn't lay flat on the battery.

PLEASE HELP!!

...especially since it took me 20 minutes to drill out the gigantic rivet on the back strap of the OEM strap.

Wow... I guess sometimes you just need to stop... go away and come back later (and ask for help). So I had no idea that you may need to install this OVER the existing strap OR retain parts from the existing strap to make it work. ON THAT NOTE, can I just say for the record that if SHELBY WOULD SEND ANY FORM OF INSTRUCTIONS WITH ALL THEIR PARTS LIKE EVERY OTHER PARTS MANUFACTURER, I wouldn't scratch my head like a dumbs*&t every time I open up a box from them. I swear if it wasn't for you guys, I would have a a single aftermarket Shelby part installed correctly on my car. :banghead:

Bottomline, I removed the OEM strap and attached front "wedge" and chucked it aside in my haste. Didn't even consider that that may have to remain. Went back and remove the 'wedge" piece from the strap, put in the place, bolted up the new hold down bracket and it worked. It's still not 100% snug cuz the pressure is only on the front so it lifts off the back a little bit. Not certain this is going to cut it functionally. Maybe I need to reinstall (ugh) the OEM strap and just place this over top of it. :headscratch: Is yours flat on the battery or is it raised a bit in back too?

3a501a80.jpg

They don't give you instructions so that you have to go on the website and talk to all us nice guys!

:superhero:

P.S. Nobody is going to dock you points because it's not laying flat, as long as the function is correct, I wouldn't worry about it.

:mail:

They don't give you instructions so that you have to go on the website and talk to all us nice guys!

:superhero:

P.S. Nobody is going to dock you points because it's not laying flat, as long as the function is correct, I wouldn't worry about it.

:mail:

I so enjoy the conversation here, don't get me wrong! But I'd still like them to throw us a lil bone on the instructions for some of these parts. I guess I wasn't as much worried about points, lol, as I was function... seems like if it's not snug, the battery can rock and very easily snap that tiny width bolt holding it all down.

I feel your pain on the lack of instructions. And you are not the only one to fight with one of the items made by Scott Drake.

I don't believe that they expected the strap would be retained when the bat hold down was made, so I'm sure you have it installed correctly. I retained the strap as a precaution. Mine does not sit perfectly but its due to the bat cables.

I learned a long time ago that a 'custom bolt on' item means that some customizing is required for your bolt on item.

I must be a complete dunce, because what I thought would be a couple minute install turned into an hour and I STILL don't have it done!

Has anyone done the SHELBY billet battery hold down bar? I can't get it to mount and lay flat on the battery. It's either loose or it pinches at an angle and doesn't lay flat on the battery.

PLEASE HELP!!

...especially since it took me 20 minutes to drill out the gigantic rivet on the back strap of the OEM strap.

I remember doing this and it was a PITA. The strap is removed and then fed back under the hold down bar. I actually got some instructions from SPP when I installed this. I'll try and post them up when I get home tonight.

I remember doing this and it was a PITA. The strap is removed and then fed back under the hold down bar. I actually got some instructions from SPP when I installed this. I'll try and post them up when I get home tonight.

Did you also drill out that gimongous rivet before you did this, or did you leave it attached at the back?

Did you also drill out that gimongous rivet before you did this, or did you leave it attached at the back?

Here are the instructions as requested

http://www.teamshelby.com/shelbystore/docs/battery_mount.pdf

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-37354654005614/UPR-Products-Mustang-05-Battery-Hold-Down-Installation.pdf

And I did not remove the strap, it was tucked in like the instructions show.

Have fun!!!!

:dance:

07SGT5687,

Sorry for the issues you've had. The instructions for the battery hold down bracket are on the page with the part in the description at the bottom of that box. Also for further reference most of the parts have instructions in the same spot. If you don't get a set of instructions with a part which sometimes we do forget to put them in the box please send us an e-mail or give us a call or post a topic asking for instructions and we will be happy to help you as much as we can. Again sorry for the inconvinence.

Jonathan

07SGT5687,

Sorry for the issues you've had. The instructions for the battery hold down bracket are on the page with the part in the description at the bottom of that box. Also for further reference most of the parts have instructions in the same spot. If you don't get a set of instructions with a part which sometimes we do forget to put them in the box please send us an e-mail or give us a call or post a topic asking for instructions and we will be happy to help you as much as we can. Again sorry for the inconvinence.

Jonathan

Thanks for the reply. I swear I went back and looked for those instructions on the site. I guess I'm an idiot not seeing them there. Seems obvious where they are now. And had I not been in such a hurry, I probably would have figured out that the strap needed to stay, but oh well. Lets meet in the middle on this one... I should have been less hasty AND Shelby should put instructions in the box. I can tell you that of the 5-6 orders I've made with Shelby this year so far... NONE have had instructions in the box. Easy thing to make for a better customer experience. Just sayin' ;) But again, thanks for the reply.

A few guys here have relocated their bat to the trunk, maybe one of them can sell you their used tray and strap or even just the strap. May want to start a new thread to ask around.

Bingo !

I have one he can have for FREE !!!!!

Cause I am such a nice guy....

Andrew

Bingo !

Andrew

Seriously? That would be awesome... I sure would like to start this little misadventure over again. Can I at least send you something for it? Or pay for shipping? Please let me know!

Cheers, JR

Bingo !

Andrew

Seriously? That would be awesome... I sure would like to start this little misadventure over again. Can I at least send you something for it? Or pay for shipping? Please let me know!

Cheers, JR

WOW!

This is how Team Shelby is suppose to work!!!

Good show and congratulations.salute.gif

Archived