TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why can’t we all just get along!!

belltr

Why can’t we all just get along!!,

I as many of us joined these forums to talk cars… I do not care if you have a V6 mustang, Super Snake, GT500 or KR, we are all people who have something in common, WE LOVE OUR CARS! Why should we care what someone is doing to their car other than to help a TEAM SHELBY member out with their project? Too many topics start out with a fellow SHELBY enthusiast asking a question or sharing something with us. Then someone has to put their opinion in about what they think they are doing wrong and it is not constructively either, it’s bad mouthing a fellow TEAM SHELBY member, this is wrong. We should be here to support one another…

headscratch.gif

I as many of us joined these forums to talk cars… I do not care if you have a V6 mustang, Super Snake, GT500 or KR, we are all people who have something in common, WE LOVE OUR CARS! Why should we care what someone is doing to their car other than to help a TEAM SHELBY member out with their project? Too many topics start out with a fellow SHELBY enthusiast asking a question or sharing something with us. Then someone has to put their opinion in about what they think they are doing wrong and it is not constructively either, it’s bad mouthing a fellow TEAM SHELBY member, this is wrong. We should be here to support one another…

headscratch.gif

I concur with you !!! I get bashed alot like last time for repainting my shelby. Just because, I was commited 5x's doesn't make me crazy it's more like miss understood if ou cut me do I not bleed

I concur with you !!! I get bashed alot like last time for repainting my shelby. Just because, I was commited 5x's doesn't make me crazy it's more like miss understood if ou cut me do I not bleed

Racer, you still have blood in your veins? :headscratch::confused:

headscratch.gif

Well said!

Thank you! And at the risk of being rude, I get really tired of people (mainly owners) bashing these cars. Ok, didn't you realize you were buying a FORD when you wrote the check? Then why gripe and moan and groan about it being exactly what you bought instead of more like a BMW or Porsche?

Why can't we all just get along!!,

I as many of us joined these forums to talk cars… I do not care if you have a V6 mustang, Super Snake, GT500 or KR, we are all people who have something in common, WE LOVE OUR CARS! Why should we care what someone is doing to their car other than to help a TEAM SHELBY member out with their project? Too many topics start out with a fellow SHELBY enthusiast asking a question or sharing something with us. Then someone has to put their opinion in about what they think they are doing wrong and it is not constructively either, it's bad mouthing a fellow TEAM SHELBY member, this is wrong. We should be here to support one another…

headscratch.gif

+1,000,000. My life is richer from the friendships and knowledge I have gained from this forum. I have to admit I have not always started out as friends with a few but I would like to think I am now...Cheers and thanks to those who have changed my mind about things...

We are after all all car folks....and thats pretty cool.

+1,000,000. My life is richer from the friendships and knowledge I have gained from this forum. I have to admit I have not always started out as friends with a few but I would like to think I am now...Cheers and thanks to those who have changed my mind about things...

We are after all all car folks....and thats pretty cool.

[/quote

yep, what he said ^ :shift:

On the flip side, the reverse prejudice is getting old. "Hey, he's a shelby guy," nobody said that 15 years ago when I was driving my Shelby Charger, I wasnt a Mach I guy when I drove my Mach or a Fox guy when I drove my Fox bodies, so why am I pigeon holed as a shelby guy? Just pisses me off sometimes. Thanks for the spot to vent ;) As for mods to the cars, do what you want as long as you tote the note is my thoughts. I can appreciate a camaro, vette or charger just as much as a mustang, though one day it would be nice to see what the taillights of those cars look like, all I ever see of them is whats in the rear view mirror.....

Well, here is the thing. Here we are on internet world, and just as life on the forum imitates real life, there are going to be all kinds.

For example- I dont much care for my neighbor. Now, should I expect that since all of us in this neighborhood chose to live here, we should all be good and decent people? Well, it would be nice, but I think it is more of an unrealistic expectation that simply sets myself up for negativity. If I let that California-moved-to-Texas-and-wants-it-to-be-just-like-california old bitty get to me, what have I done? Well, I have, one, allowed one bad neighbor make me want to move and hate my neighborhood, and two, made me overlook the fact that there ARE really good people that do live here too.

So, really, what is my best option? Well, that kind of depends on me, huh? My solution is that, put simply, she doesnt exist in my neighborhood. Sure, she is right there, next to my house, but for the most part, I simply choose to ignore her existence. :talkhand:

I use the exact same philosophy on the forum here. I have made MANY great friends here, friends that I would rather spend my free time with than anyone in the whole world. Im here for them, and also for the new friends I havent met yet, but will. I simply choose to ignore the negative fools that spout useless put downs because they get some rise out of saying something on a forum that they would never have the balls to say to my face in real life. Dont get me wrong, as your observation is a valid one, but not one that we can or should try to change by "legislating the forum". I want the freedom to make a total and complete ass out of myself here, because it allows the riffraff to out themselves and helps me identify those that are here for constructive dialogue and friendships. Im sure we all have posted something in haste at one point or another that caused a conflict with another member. I surely cant beleive in nearly 3000 posts I havent, but I liken it to each post being a step forward or a step back, and at the end of the day, hopefully I have covered some ground in the right direction. When you read through the threads here, try to keep an open mind that some members might be having a bad day, may not know how to communicate effectively, or are just plain assholes that should simply be put in the ignore category. The latter usually feeds off of "hooking" someone in with their stupid comment anyway, so when it gets to you, and you respond, they have already fulfilled their objective, and battling it out with them isnt going to make them any less of an asshole. Just allows them to make another stupid post because they have a response.

So, just ignore them, and spend your time talking with those genuine enthusiasts that have an opinion worth your time and effort. It will make your time here so much more fulfilling. :salute:

Well, here is the thing. Here we are on internet world, and just as life on the forum imitates real life, there are going to be all kinds.

For example- I dont much care for my neighbor. Now, should I expect that since all of us in this neighborhood chose to live here, we should all be good and decent people? Well, it would be nice, but I think it is more of an unrealistic expectation that simply sets myself up for negativity. If I let that California-moved-to-Texas-and-wants-it-to-be-just-like-california old bitty get to me, what have I done? Well, I have, one, allowed one bad neighbor make me want to move and hate my neighborhood, and two, made me overlook the fact that there ARE really good people that do live here too.

So, really, what is my best option? Well, that kind of depends on me, huh? My solution is that, put simply, she doesnt exist in my neighborhood. Sure, she is right there, next to my house, but for the most part, I simply choose to ignore her existence. :talkhand:

I use the exact same philosophy on the forum here. I have made MANY great friends here, friends that I would rather spend my free time with than anyone in the whole world. Im here for them, and also for the new friends I havent met yet, but will. I simply choose to ignore the negative fools that spout useless put downs because they get some rise out of saying something on a forum that they would never have the balls to say to my face in real life. Dont get me wrong, as your observation is a valid one, but not one that we can or should try to change by "legislating the forum". I want the freedom to make a total and complete ass out of myself here, because it allows the riffraff to out themselves and helps me identify those that are here for constructive dialogue and friendships. Im sure we all have posted something in haste at one point or another that caused a conflict with another member. I surely cant beleive in nearly 3000 posts I havent, but I liken it to each post being a step forward or a step back, and at the end of the day, hopefully I have covered some ground in the right direction. When you read through the threads here, try to keep an open mind that some members might be having a bad day, may not know how to communicate effectively, or are just plain assholes that should simply be put in the ignore category. The latter usually feeds off of "hooking" someone in with their stupid comment anyway, so when it gets to you, and you respond, they have already fulfilled their objective, and battling it out with them isnt going to make them any less of an asshole. Just allows them to make another stupid post because they have a response.

So, just ignore them, and spend your time talking with those genuine enthusiasts that have an opinion worth your time and effort. It will make your time here so much more fulfilling. :salute:

I couldn't have put it better myself. :beerchug:

headscratch.gif

:headscratch:

WOW, I thought you were talking about another Forum until you mentioned Team Shelby. I feel the same way BUT, I am having a problem remembering any TS Member bashing another Members Vehicle.......We all Joke & Kid one another and other Vehicles but we also talk about the Good in those Vehicles. This has been one of the BEST Forums to come to for Friendly Banter and Family Feelings. I see that you have a 2 digit Posting count, don't take that the wrong way, I am just saying that you have to hang out here a bit to get a handle on some of the People here and how their since of humor is so you know when they are Joking around or not. One Post may seem Bashing to one person but the person that the Post is directed at knows it is Joking around. NOW, if you want to see Bashing on peoples Vehicles, take a trip to the "OTHER" Shelby Forum and you see a lot of Bashing of Clones, Tributes, and even the MAN himself. I personally love Cars in General (owned well over 150 so far) but I am a Die Hard FORD Guy.

Warren....ya'll outa' try havin' an entire neighborhood of 'em! Now that'd drive ya' nuts! :talkhand::hysterical:

John

On the flip side, the reverse prejudice is getting old. "Hey, he's a shelby guy," nobody said that 15 years ago when I was driving my Shelby Charger, I wasnt a Mach I guy when I drove my Mach or a Fox guy when I drove my Fox bodies, so why am I pigeon holed as a shelby guy? Just pisses me off sometimes. Thanks for the spot to vent ;) As for mods to the cars, do what you want as long as you tote the note is my thoughts. I can appreciate a camaro, vette or charger just as much as a mustang, though one day it would be nice to see what the taillights of those cars look like, all I ever see of them is whats in the rear view mirror.....

I agree with you 100% I have owned all different type of cars but my love is for any fast to slow vehicle with curves of a sexy woman plus of course the tech stuff gets me going too. You can never stop bashing it happens everywhere every day in every job even in the world of law enforcement. Very rare will some one will man up!!

:hysterical:

Hmm, not that I have anything against my CA brothers and sisters!! I just kept hearing the same phrase over and over from her- Well, in CA we dont do things that way....

All I keep thinking is, well, you ain't in CA anymore, are you?

As my profile reflects, I am a very long time Team Shelby member. However, in the early days, I was a business owner, and had not the time I have currently to LIVE on this site with all you good peeps!! That said, I really must jump in here, because although I am not an official moderator of this wonderful site, I do just that in all of my spare time now.

In my moderating, I must admit that we all seem to get along JUST FINE...with the VERY SMALL exception of a few guys that do seem to want to just :stirpot: !! Those guys are NOT the norm on here, thank goodness. Case in point: this last week when we got the bad news from STORM about his four legged buddy. What kind of awesome support did we all give him right away? Right? It is a big family, as I remember him replying further down the original post.

As to the ``Can`t we all just get along`` comment, I would just say to the original poster, maybe you don`t realize that alot of these folks on here have developed friendships that are beyond what most of us think it looks like on the surface? There is alot of funnin` that seems to go on between many different guys and gals. I for one just like to come on here from time to time and chit chat with ``like minded`` individuals, about the ONE thing we all share in common......and that`s : C A R S ! :dance:

:hysterical:

Hmm, not that I have anything against my CA brothers and sisters!! I just kept hearing the same phrase over and over from her- Well, in CA we dont do things that way....

All I keep thinking is, well, you ain't in CA anymore, are you?

Hmmmm..

I was getting ready to post that, the other way around!!!!! :)

I work Refinery Maintenance and know a LOT of guys from Texas. I can honestly say, they're a great bunch of folks. (well, 99.99% anyway.)

As my profile reflects, I am a very long time Team Shelby member. However, in the early days, I was a business owner, and had not the time I have currently to LIVE on this site with all you good peeps!! That said, I really must jump in here, because although I am not an official moderator of this wonderful site, I do just that in all of my spare time now.

In my moderating, I must admit that we all seem to get along JUST FINE...with the VERY SMALL exception of a few guys that do seem to want to just :stirpot: !! Those guys are NOT the norm on here, thank goodness. Case in point: this last week when we got the bad news from STORM about his four legged buddy. What kind of awesome support did we all give him right away? Right? It is a big family, as I remember him replying further down the original post.

As to the ``Can`t we all just get along`` comment, I would just say to the original poster, maybe you don`t realize that alot of these folks on here have developed friendships that are beyond what most of us think it looks like on the surface? There is alot of funnin` that seems to go on between many different guys and gals. I for one just like to come on here from time to time and chit chat with ``like minded`` individuals, about the ONE thing we all share in common......and that`s : C A R S ! :dance:

Hey look at me and my best friend Swedman, I always looked forward to him bashing me. In his own way he was saying hate's me with a touch of love !!! Damn there I go welling up again. But my Sweddy hasn't had the time to chime in on my stupidity but I'm sure he thinks of me 2x a day :cry:

Hey, I forgot how about that mean person said my driving lights look like a set of boobs and I should have the snake on my grille!! He hurt my feelings so bad that, I skip my dessert and went straight to bed and cried myself to sleep. Cause his words mean so much to me since he is a big car collector and is famous. I removed my lights and took the snake off my grille it's only fair since you guys hear me bashing everyone and making them feel stupid. Here's my car back to stock!!! Seriously it someone has a negative statement all together then he should be blocked from the topic. But that being said sometime a good negative can be worth listening too. Look at my neighbor when he found out what, I did to the shelby it was a good situation full of negative comments some yelling. But over all he said it's your car idiot and stay away from mine. :hysterical:

But this topic is one of my reason that, I got away from muscle cars years ago most humans are idiots and don't know how to act polite. or to keep there comments to themselves. But, I'm the guy that will speak to a person like that even if the car he's bashing isn't mine. More half the time it's some idiot that owns a hyundai and thinks it's a lexus.

headscratch.gif

post-18733-128217195019_thumb.jpg

post-18733-128217195019_thumb.jpg

Archived