TEAM SHELBY FORUM

need help with color choice

stevedm

My order was accidentally canceled and now my build date is pushed back. I was ordering a kona blue......but the dealer has a race red svtpp, electronics package I can get for $52500 in stock. I have never seen race red in person. Can someone who has please help me out on whether or not it is a nice color? I dont mind red but do not want a dark one...I would like it to 'pop'. Thanks, your comments are appreciated.

Steve

goldgus posted this in another thread http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-GT500-2011-Ford-Mustang-GT500-NEW-Shelby-Convertible-Nav-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ370412240273QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

The fotos are off kilter but the color is right on.Ihave 1 2010 torch red,and the race red is pretty close.Definitely not dark, they are both very bright colors--plus its the fastest color.Cant you go to a local dealer and see what race red looks like,or build on on the Ford site--good luck

I have a race red. Torched, believe it or not there is a pretty good difference with your color and mine when you have them side by side. Never noticed until i had thrm together. Personally I love the red. If anything it pops too much. It's a very vocal color and is an extremely big attention getter. I had looked at the kona blue and it's a pretty color, just not a tough color. Not saying I dislike the blue for one minute as it is a beautiful color and I love the metallic paint. It just didn't seem to command the respect like the red does. Also, like all brighter colors, it shows off more of the grills and lower body work. Only complaint is my taillights don't stand out on the red. Oh and one other downfall with my silver stripes, I was mistaken for an Ohio state buckeye fan by a security guard at work. Dumb osu fans. Just playing if there are any of you out there.

I have a race red. Torched, believe it or not there is a pretty good difference with your color and mine when you have them side by side. Never noticed until i had thrm together. Personally I love the red. If anything it pops too much. It's a very vocal color and is an extremely big attention getter. I had looked at the kona blue and it's a pretty color, just not a tough color. Not saying I dislike the blue for one minute as it is a beautiful color and I love the metallic paint. It just didn't seem to command the respect like the red does. Also, like all brighter colors, it shows off more of the grills and lower body work. Only complaint is my taillights don't stand out on the red. Oh and one other downfall with my silver stripes, I was mistaken for an Ohio state buckeye fan by a security guard at work. Dumb osu fans. Just playing if there are any of you out there.

yeah,ive seen it, its maybe 2 shades brighter, think a little more orange/yellow.Same thing happened to me parking next to a Trorch 09 KR--they are all D3 colors though!!If you ever need touch paint,make sure they get you a new bottle, so youhave your shade of red

Yeah you got my color hit to a T on the comparison. Kinda threw me for a surprise as it was my first good view of the race red up against the torch red. Very good advice on the touchup paint. I've really never had great luck with touchup paint and hopefully I don't have to worry about it on this car. I try to stay away from other cars!

I first ordered the silver, canceled it and changed it to red. I get a lot thumbs up and stuff. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't shine like the dark colors and I do spend a lot of time polishing it. It is a very noticable color, park it in any parking lot and let me tell you it stands out like nothing else. I wish the rocker panels were painted, not black. I do like the white stripes, without them its too red. Its a very bright red. I have some high res pics if you want them..

I first ordered the silver, canceled it and changed it to red. I get a lot thumbs up and stuff. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't shine like the dark colors and I do spend a lot of time polishing it. It is a very noticable color, park it in any parking lot and let me tell you it stands out like nothing else. I wish the rocker panels were painted, not black. I do like the white stripes, without them its too red. Its a very bright red. I have some high res pics if you want them..

try using Maguiars slaze #7--it deepnes the color alot,and makes it shine,by cutting down the UV reflections

try using Maguiars slaze #7--it deepnes the color alot,and makes it shine,by cutting down the UV reflections

thanks, I just might do that.. I've been using the Zaino line.. I had a lot of success on a yellow car with that product. I like that product because it goes on easily on the stripes with no yellowing / resedue, same on the black molding parts, no white residue, big plus there.

Archived