TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque Info

Cobra Boy

What a diverse bunch of opinions. I think you have to give both SVT and Shelby their due. I for one think the dashplaque is a great idea. If Ford sends us one or you have to buy one, it is a nice touch that is optional whether you put it on or buy one. NO ONE owes you a plaque and no one can force you to put one on you car.

It is a matter of choices IMO. :idea:

:headspin:

When I change the tires and rims on my Shelby I'm going to suck out the OEM air and keep it in a hermeticly sealed container, then send it to Shelby and have Carroll shoot it up his ass and burp it into a zip lock baggie and send it back to me. ;)

Thats one of the funniest things i have heard in at least 3 or 4 years..................

Im not huge fan od SAI but i waill say this. They appear to have top quality parts. They do seem to do plenty R+D on their parts before they sell them. This would be alot better than alot of vendors who just make some parts as cheaply and quickly as they can just to meet demand. When you buy a sai part, you know its a nice piece.Shelby is going to lose quite a bit of business by not having these parts /packages available sooner. But the ones who do buy them will be happy.

The thing about the aftermarket is you need to be on your toes. If you dont have a part and somebody else does, you just lost a sale. Shelby does has one advantage though. Alot of us will wait a little time because of the shelby logo on the parts and we care that much about our cars. We will not wait forever though.

The Masda site is over there Flat Stone. I think you have wishful thinking and are a little confused. I know a good therapist. Also, my GT-500 was made in Las Vegas.

You see Carroll brought his Intellectual Property with him to help design the car "THE SHELBY"...DO YOU HEAR ME "THE SHELBY" and he is from Las Vegas. Flat Rock just happens to be one of his satellite offices. I feel very sorry for you.

Dude - can I buy some of what you are smoking?

HSURB

Well, I would not mind if they remove the line that says "Las Vegas, Nevada" from it but the CS logo has been pretty much unchanged since the 60s. I would expect the logo and Carroll's signature to both apear. Beyond that, why does any address or location need be mentioned at all? Heck add the SVT logo too if it really makes everyone feel better, it was a joint effort after all.

Perhaps Amy will weigh in with some info on where this is going.

If we were buying the plaque from Little Rock, oh that's Monica's town...I would expect that address to be on it. Let's forget about the car for a moment and focus on the plaque. Where are we buying it from Michigan or Las Vegas. I believe that because we are buying this part and it comes from SAE Las Vegas, then it should say Las Vegas. When Litttttle Rock wants to send a plague out they can put their address on it and add "wheel hopped" at the bottom.

When I change the tires and rims on my Shelby I'm going to suck out the OEM air and keep it in a hermeticly sealed container, then send it to Shelby and have Carroll shoot it up his ass and burp it into a zip lock baggie and send it back to me. ;)

That's good. I wonder if they offer a zip lock bag with a Shelby logo on it?

HSURB

If we were buying the plaque from Little Rock, oh that's Monica's town...I would expect that address to be on it. Let's forget about the car for a moment and focus on the plaque. Where are we buying it from Michigan or Las Vegas. I believe that because we are buying this part and it comes from SAE Las Vegas, then it should say Las Vegas. When Litttttle Rock wants to send a plague out they can put their address on it and add "wheel hopped" at the bottom.

I'm very confused on where these dash plaques are being made. Mr Shelby has a satellite plant in Flat Stone where some GT 500 were designed, and most are made out of Las vegas, but are the dash plates being made in Little Rock?

If it is possible I would like to get some zip lock bags because I think that is a great idea and it doesn't matter to me if the bags are from Flat Stone, or Little Rock, just as long as they aren't from Las Vegas. I will need 4.

Would Mr Shelby be doing this in his satellite plant in Flat Stone or his plant in Little Rock? I need to know where I should send my air to and not sure if I should send it regular mail or you guessed it air mail. :hysterical2::hysterical:

I'm very confused on where these dash plaques are being made. Mr Shelby has a satellite plant in Flat Stone where some GT 500 were designed, and most are made out of Las vegas, but are the dash plates being made in Little Rock?

If it is possible I would like to get some zip lock bags because I think that is a great idea and it doesn't matter to me if the bags are from Flat Stone, or Little Rock, just as long as they aren't from Las Vegas. I will need 4.

Don't tell anyone, but I heard through a very, very reliable source all of this stuff is actually made in Tiawan and that the SAI plant in Las Vegas and the Flintstone Ford plant in Flat Rock are just a glorified show room. And, Little Rock is just a re-packaging and re-labeling center.

HSURB

Don't tell anyone, but I heard through a very, very reliable source all of this stuff is actually made in Tiawan and that the SAI plant in Las Vegas and the Flintstone Ford plant in Flat Rock are just a glorified show room. And, Little Rock is just a re-packaging and re-labeling center.

HSURB

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

I bet the Russian's are to blame for this. This is fun isn't it?

I'm sorry, but the only thing I can provide you with is hot air bags.

I'm sorry, but the only thing I can provide you with is hot air bags.

The vendor that makes the hot air bags has went "belly up" and all shipments of "hot air" are on a Quality hold.

Sorry, You might have to waite 3 more weeks. :hysterical2:

I just received the official word from both Fred and Barney at the Flintstone plant in Pebble Beach. The Shelby GT 500's that were made in Flat Rock Michigan will have the official Carroll Shelby insignia, vin #, and Mr. Shelby's autograph, but will not have the Las Vegas address. Anyone who owns a Shelby GT 500 that was not made in Michigan, your on your own. :headspin: :hyper:

Archived