TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Wheel decision...

BB KoncepZ

now that the Hellion kit is on the car, traction is way more of an issue!!! i really wanna keep the stock look of the car but i havent seen a 19" drag radial yet....

so im willing to go down to an 18" wheel. the car is kona blue with silver stripes...any opinions on doin the solid black wheels or the black and machined setup???

im not sure what will look better...any pics out there???

• 3 weeks later...

now that the Hellion kit is on the car, traction is way more of an issue!!! i really wanna keep the stock look of the car but i havent seen a 19" drag radial yet....

so im willing to go down to an 18" wheel. the car is kona blue with silver stripes...any opinions on doin the solid black wheels or the black and machined setup???

What is the Hellion Kit?

I've been going back and forth with what to do with my wheel selection too.

I've added a bunch of HP and suspension parts but still can't decide on wheels.

I find *nothing* in 19" options. Everyone either wants to sell you 20" wheels or 18" and smaller wheels.

So my most recent thought is this: Have the rear OEM wheels widened to I can fit the widest possible tire on them possible. Put a set of rear (285's) tires on the front...after all, the GT500 is notorious for pushing so more rubber won't do anything but help (get rid of the push).

Then strip all of the wheels and have them chrome plated. Stock looking but chrome and wide in the rear (11.75"" to 12", depending on who you listen to).

THEN, for when I want to play at the local drag strips (Pueblo Motorsports Park 38 miles south or Bandimere/Denver 70 miles North) I'll get a set of 15" (10" or 12", again depending on who you listen to/read) Weld Racing wheels and put a set of non-DOT tires on them. MT's, Hoosiers, M+H, something like that and preferably with a wrinkle wall. Keep the fronts as are, I don't need a set of Welds just to make the car look symetrical (although I know a set of lightweight skinny's will add slightly to my ET/MPH).

If I get a set of 20's it's between the Shelby Alcoa Dura-brites (staggered?) or the Foose wheels that are exclusive to Cruzin' Conepts (5-spoke Torque Thrust style, black or gray centers with polished rims/lips).

Phill

Archived