TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HID Problems

gradona

I have a problem with my right headlamp. The left is the normal bright, slightly bluish color. My right is a dull orangish color. I hate to take it to the dealer, for the obvious reasons. I would like to repair it myself but since the car is still under warranty the repair should be covered. I work for a Honda dealership but there is a Ford dealer in our group. I'm sure I could talk them into getting me the part and allowing me to do my own repair but at the price of the parts I don't want to stick them with a return part. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. Is it most likely the bulb or the ballast?

post-20655-128190040476_thumb.jpg

post-20655-128190080357_thumb.jpg

post-20655-128190040476_thumb.jpg

post-20655-128190080357_thumb.jpg

I have a problem with my right headlamp. The left is the normal bright, slightly bluish color. My right is a dull orangish color. I hate to take it to the dealer, for the obvious reasons. I would like to repair it myself but since the car is still under warranty the repair should be covered. I work for a Honda dealership but there is a Ford dealer in our group. I'm sure I could talk them into getting me the part and allowing me to do my own repair but at the price of the parts I don't want to stick them with a return part. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. Is it most likely the bulb or the ballast?

Looks like it could simply be that the lights are not aligned the same. First, I would look at different angles and see if the HID color changes, then go to the dealer.

Looks like it could simply be that the lights are not aligned the same. First, I would look at different angles and see if the HID color changes, then go to the dealer.

I considered that but the difference is there no matter what angle you look at. There is no angle where the right headlamp has the 'Blue" appearence that the left one has.

Archived