TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Problem playing an IPOD with Shaker1000

Xavier63

Hi, I am new on the forum. My name is Xavier.

I have just bought a GT500 equipped with a shaker1000 and I can't figure out how to play my IPOD on it. I have plug the ipod thru the AIJ and when I press the AUX button and scroll thru SAT1, SAT2 and SAT3, but ni LINE IN appears in the menu! Any idea what I am doign wrong or has my Shaker got a problem? :banghead: Thanks for your help

1st make sure your AUX cable is working then check that the cable is plugged in all the way into the ipod and AUX input. Now if the radio is set to LINE IN you should be good to go. Remember the volume on the ipod also has to be turned up. I had the radio on max and could barely hear anything as the volume on my ipod was turned way low.

I hope this helps

Frank

Thanks for the info. My main problem seems to be that I can't get the 'LINE IN' on the radio. I press AUX button and it cycles thru SAT 1 - SAT2 - SAT 3 - SAT1 - SAT 2 ... and no 'LINE IN' appears ... is there a trick to set the radio to LINE IN?

It is a 2007. In the manual it is also written to press the AUX button until the LINE IN appears... but in my case it doesn't work. May-be my connection between the IPOD and the AIJ is not good? With your shaker 1000, even if you do not plug anything in the AIJ and if you press the AUX you will still get the LINE IN? or must you have the MP3 player/IPOD plugged into the AIJ to get the LINE IN?

With your shaker 1000, even if you do not plug anything in the AIJ and if you press the AUX you will still get the LINE IN? or must you have the MP3 player/IPOD plugged into the AIJ to get the LINE IN?

Yeah, AUX will come on my display even without anything plugged in. I now tend to think it an issue with the radio rather then the cable. I say this only because you're not getting the LINE IN display. I wonder if you pull the radio fuse or if disconnecting the battery would reset the radio to stock setting? Otherwise you may need to see the dealer and see if the radio is defective. I was outside pushing every combo of buttons and could not get the LINE IN display to disappear.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Frank for the advice.

I have tried my cable+IPOD on a mustang GT of a friend and it was working right. So you are probably right, the pb comes from the radio. I am going to see the dealer this week...

thanks,

Xavier

• 2 months later...

I'm curious what ends up being the cause. Good luck...

Frank

Hi Franck,

After several weeks I finally found some time to go at Ford... I the diag was that the radio has an internal failure (don't know exactly what) and needed to be replaced :censored: . The cost is 650 dollars, but I was lucky to took a warranty when I bought the car so at the end I only paid 50 bucks! :happy feet:

and now I can play my Ipod and the sound is great!!!

So remember guys when you buy a car to check the Ipod jack..........

Xavier

Archived