TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Something I said I'd never do...

SGT/SC#0471

First off I freed my mind and my a** followed. My Pops suggested my daughter and I check out a car show.

I am not a car show guy at all...too much for me.

But seeing as how my kid and I had a day to kill as my wife was working...we went to the 2010 Port Orchard Cruz show as we were in the neighborhood....I decided to enter as there was no year limits.

My first car show I ever entered (preferrential parking and hey I wanted to be a part of one with my kid) and my kids first car show. I put together a brief history of the car and that its a daily driver and that I had tracked it.

Well I want to thank the Saints car club, they gave us a big trophy for the best car 80's and newer...a super huge honor for me and extra extra special as my kid knows it is her car....I never thought getting a car show trophy would mean so much to me and my daughter but man we had a stellar day and her appreciaition of what the car is grew exponentially...THANK YOU SAINTS CAR CLUB!!!!!

And also thank you to everyone at SA both past and now for making that magic and freeing my mind...I never thought I would ever be experiencing the things I have in a modern car!! Shelby's ROCK!!!

post-9886-128185898428_thumb.jpg

post-9886-128185928679_thumb.jpg

I gotta say on the ride home my kid told me how cool she thought this was and what a cool car the SGT is about 50 times. Talk about feeling like the cool dad....

This was almost as cool as when Bud Mahoney handed her the keys at SAI....she is really starting to get it.

She also loved the chopped Merc at the show....kids got good taste!

Also I know Carroll probably never would ever see this, but I bought this car after reading his introduction in the owners suppliment about DRIVING them...Thanks Mr. Shelby, you are one right on dude and I am very grateful for the opprotunity to enjoy my car....saying that, there is nothing like the response I get from people concerning this car.... So I am going to the dragstrip tomorrow! And I am going to drive it!

First off I freed my mind and my a** followed. My Pops suggested my daughter and I check out a car show.

I am not a car show guy at all...too much for me.

But seeing as how my kid and I had a day to kill as my wife was working...we went to the 2010 Port Orchard Cruz show as we were in the neighborhood....I decided to enter as there was no year limits.

My first car show I ever entered (preferrential parking and hey I wanted to be a part of one with my kid) and my kids first car show. I put together a brief history of the car and that its a daily driver and that I had tracked it.

Well I want to thank the Saints car club, they gave us a big trophy for the best car 80's and newer...a super huge honor for me and extra extra special as my kid knows it is her car....I never thought getting a car show trophy would mean so much to me and my daughter but man we had a stellar day and her appreciaition of what the car is grew exponentially...THANK YOU SAINTS CAR CLUB!!!!!

And also thank you to everyone at SA both past and now for making that magic and freeing my mind...I never thought I would ever be experiencing the things I have in a modern car!! Shelby's ROCK!!!

Great story. I think you have one very happy young lady.

Glad you and your daughter had a great time! I really should start taking my kids to them too.... I've gotten tired of the dumb people at them and stopped going, I forget sometimes it was one of my favorite things to do as a kid though...

The competition in the background looks tough to beat I would have hated to been up against a blue bug and a minivan. hysterical.gifslapfight.gifdrool.gif

Just kidding man, Congrats that must have been one special day with your daughter.

Whos that skinny dude thats holding the camera that I can see his reflection in the trophy? salute.gif

VERY cool! And a great moment you both will never forget. It's all about moments as they grow up so enjoy them!

That said...stop now! It's an addiction, a bug you catch, and it's hard to stop!

I've stopped doing them pretty much other than 4 or so real large ones during the summer...for awhile I was going every weekend, sometimes TWICE a weekend!

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Great story; thank you for sharing. I have done the same with my daughter and really don't care for the judged car show either. That said, when she has gone up to receive the trophy, she is sporting a big smile.

God bless,

Al

Thanks guys! Hey Jeff, man thats a lot of trophys!! (nice crown moulding too...). I want to go again next year but with my 56 FINISHED I hope. A guy I knew from business won with his 57 for the best race car...and thats my goal next year, finish that silly thing! Chad, I know I was sweating that VW big time! Pretty great and thanks for your posts guys...happy%20feet.gif

Way to bring home the Iron!, congrats!!!

:dance:

Archived