TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Smallest rims for 2010 GT500

CobraKaz

I really want to try and make the most of this car when i go to a track . So . with that in mind , whats the smallest size rim that will fit a stock Shelby rear end ( i want to try slicks or DR ) . This is so i can get some sidewall .

I don't know the smallest but for the rear you can get a 15X8 with 5.5 backspace shoed with M/T 275/60R15. The wheel comes from race star. Hope this helps.

I don't know the smallest but for the rear you can get a 15X8 with 5.5 backspace shoed with M/T 275/60R15. The wheel comes from race star. Hope this helps.

Will these will fit for sure with no rubbing , having to " remove " any suspension bits , gring off anything from brakes or underside of the car . Sound like a real good option .

I would also like to know if the 15s will fit. I thought, perhaps incorrectly, that we needed to use 18 inchers on our GT500s. The sidewall of underinflated 15s would really help on a launch, even if they're only 275 width tires. If someone knows that these will fit, please post.

I went with the racestar industies 15 x 10 with 325/50/15 MT's. This wheel required a rear sway bar relocation, but it wasn't a big deal. They look great and I think they are going to really hook up once I get the chance to adjust the air pressure down.

Mike

DSC_1417.jpg

DSC_1415.jpg

DSC_1416.jpg

I went with the racestar industies 15 x 10 with 325/50/15 MT's. This wheel required a rear sway bar relocation, but it wasn't a big deal. They look great and I think they are going to really hook up once I get the chance to adjust the air pressure down.

Mike

DSC_1417.jpg

DSC_1415.jpg

DSC_1416.jpg

Your car looks fantastic .

Was it due to the 10'' wide rim that the sway bar had to be relocated ? Would 8'' wide require the same thing ?

I would also like to know if the 15s will fit. I thought, perhaps incorrectly, that we needed to use 18 inchers on our GT500s. The sidewall of underinflated 15s would really help on a launch, even if they're only 275 width tires. If someone knows that these will fit, please post.

I would try 15'' , 16'' , 17'' or 18'' . Tires up here where i live are outrageously priced , so i figured i would buy the cheapest smallest rims i could find and just use drad radials . The difference between the 15'' and 19'' are $200 per tire . Now , with SVT selling the 18'' design of the 2010 GT500 , that looks almost too good to pass up . Lot more choices for tires with the 18'' , as well as costing less .

Will these will fit for sure with no rubbing , having to " remove " any suspension bits , gring off anything from brakes or underside of the car . Sound like a real good option .

http://www.racestarindustries.com/gallery.html

Here is the link where the 15 X 8 are shown on a GT 500. So the wheels must fit. I am looking at the 17 X 4.5 wheels for the front or skinnies for track purposes. So check it out.

Your car looks fantastic .

Was it due to the 10'' wide rim that the sway bar had to be relocated ? Would 8'' wide require the same thing ?

Yes, no. The 8's should fit without the relocation, but a 275 isn't gonna be enough.

Mike

Edited by 1badshelby

Yes, no. The 8's should fit without the relocation, but a 275 isn't gonna be enough.

Mike

I couldn't get the stock rubber to hookup i think due to them being hard and it was not a " Real " track . There were other cars using cheater slicks with 12 psi nailing 1.8 and 1.7 60' . Thats all i want . That will take half a second off the time right there .

I couldn't get the stock rubber to hookup i think due to them being hard and it was not a " Real " track . There were other cars using cheater slicks with 12 psi nailing 1.8 and 1.7 60' . Thats all i want . That will take half a second off the time right there .

If you can hook with the smaller tire, your MPH will be higher too at the track and run faster.

Mike

DSC_1417.jpg

DSC_1415.jpg

DSC_1416.jpg

I just found someone who has a set of 15x10 Weld Draglites for a " reasonable price " . They are 5.5 B/S . Would these fit without any modification if i ran a 305/ 50 series tire ?