TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Great Day with the Shelby

Had a great day with the Shelby.... reminded me why I bought a Shelby.

This morning took her to a Cars and Coffee event here in Denver with alot of lookers. Parked right in the middle of a cluster of new Camaros. :hysterical:

While at the show a guy comes up to me with his wife and says "you and I had a little 'incident' the other day". I jokingly asked him "what did I do this time?" He went on to tell me how just 2 weeks prior he was in his sooped up dodge charger and I blew by him. He said my car sounded like a jet taking off as it went by! He told me he didnt expect to win but wanted to see "what I had".... and was impressed. :beerchug:

Then went to the mall and parked the car while I ate with my family at a nearby sidewalk cafe. I can't remember how many people stopped while they were shopping to look at the car. on 2 separate occasions dads posed next to the car with their kids while moms took their pictures. :rockon:

Then took her out for a cruise and finished the cruise off by blowing past a champaign sippin' C6 vette like he was standing still. :peelout:

Seems like every day there is a thread on this forum that talks about the CTS-V or the GT-R or the Z06, etc. and how they may be superior. Sure there are lots of nice cars and I could afford any one of them. I bought a Shelby though and this is why. Shelby is a special car with a special blood-line. people are excited by the feel, sound, look of a Shelby... Corvettes do not elicit this response... nor does CTS-V... nor does GT-R. You can have them.

There are many high performance cars out there. My Shelby is a beer drinkin', ass kickin', ton of fun.... now with 13,500 miles and counting. I drive her hard on the strip and "cautiosly aggressive" on the roads. Definitely worth every dime I paid. I couldn't care any less if she is a valuable collector car 50 years from now. There is no other car I'd rather own.

Ron

PS- for any law enforcement officers reading this thread.... not once did I break the speed limit today :spiteful:

Had a great day with the Shelby.... reminded me why I bought a Shelby.

This morning took her to a Cars and Coffee event here in Denver with alot of lookers. Parked right in the middle of a cluster of new Camaros. :hysterical:

While at the show a guy comes up to me with his wife and says "you and I had a little 'incident' the other day". I jokingly asked him "what did I do this time?" He went on to tell me how just 2 weeks prior he was in his sooped up dodge charger and I blew by him. He said my car sounded like a jet taking off as it went by! He told me he didnt expect to win but wanted to see "what I had".... and was impressed. :beerchug:

Then went to the mall and parked the car while I ate with my family at a nearby sidewalk cafe. I can't remember how many people stopped while they were shopping to look at the car. on 2 separate occasions dads posed next to the car with their kids while moms took their pictures. :rockon:

Then took her out for a cruise and finished the cruise off by blowing past a champaign sippin' C6 vette like he was standing still. :peelout:

Seems like every day there is a thread on this forum that talks about the CTS-V or the GT-R or the Z06, etc. and how they may be superior. Sure there are lots of nice cars and I could afford any one of them. I bought a Shelby though and this is why. Shelby is a special car with a special blood-line. people are excited by the feel, sound, look of a Shelby... Corvettes do not elicit this response... nor does CTS-V... nor does GT-R. You can have them.

There are many high performance cars out there. My Shelby is a beer drinkin', ass kickin', ton of fun.... now with 13,500 miles and counting. I drive her hard on the strip and "cautiosly aggressively" on the roads. Definitely worth every dime I paid. I couldn't care any less if she is a valuable collector car 50 years from now. There is no other car I'd rather own.

Ron

PS- for any law enforcement officers reading this thread.... not once did I break the speed limit today :spiteful:

Ron good to hear you had a great day....sorry we missed you at the cars and coffee, see ya soon and keep on enjoying the ride!!!

Mick

was someone else driving your car??? hysterical.gif

great story Ron.

road/street events like that seem to happen to me all the time .... it is so fun to bate and tease the other driver ... and then go from 5th to 3rd and disappear.

last victim: mitsubishi lancer evo

thanks for sharing.

Hey Doc,

I enjoyed your story and I agree with you. Yes....these cars are pretty darn sweet. Sounds like you had a great day.

I had to work a 10 hour shift today....so I drove mine to work. The break room overlooks the parking lot and I found my self in there getting coffee a couple times and heating up my lunch. As I looked out the window and saw my car sitting in the front row....I thought about how lucky I am to own this car and how darn fun it is to drive. When I drove home, I took Skyline road and German town road up to the St. Johns Bridge. 40 mile drive home. The windy twisty roads are just so fun to drive in this car. I had both windows down and just love listening to the car rumble and whine. I too love the down shift from 5th to 3rd and than hit the boost........SEE YA !!!!!:shift:

Hey Doc,

I enjoyed your story and I agree with you. Yes....these cars are pretty darn sweet. Sounds like you had a great day.

I had to work a 10 hour shift today....so I drove mine to work. The break room overlooks the parking lot and I found my self in there getting coffee a couple times and heating up my lunch. As I looked out the window and saw my car sitting in the front row....I thought about how lucky I am to own this car and how darn fun it is to drive. When I drove home, I took Skyline road and German town road up to the St. Johns Bridge. 40 mile drive home. The windy twisty roads are just so fun to drive in this car. I had both windows down and just love listening to the car rumble and whine. I too love the down shift from 5th to 3rd and than hit the boost........SEE YA !!!!!:shift:

Thanks Grabby

for all else:

It is little known teamShelby trivia that when Rob (grabber) first joined this site... he had a different screen name. I can't remember what it was but it was not Grabber.

When my car came in (sept 14 2006!!!) I posted pics of her sitting on "lookout mountain road" here in colorado near Golden and a couple of pics in Golden. Once Rob saw those pics a bolt of lightening came down from the heavens and struck him and he was henceforth known as the great "Grabber". The rest is history. I think he was considering other color combos at the time until he saw these pics.

a smart man with good taste, that "Grabber"!!! (I take full responsibility of course!) :hysterical:

Nice having you on the site for all this time Rob. If my job ever slows down maybe one of these days we can get together. :salute:

Ron (aka the ORIGINAL Grabber!!!) :hysterical:

edit: i found the photos below that I posted back in 2006.

post-2947-128188207305_thumb.jpg

post-2947-128188208603_thumb.jpg

post-2947-128188254241_thumb.jpg

post-2947-128188207305_thumb.jpg

post-2947-128188208603_thumb.jpg

post-2947-128188254241_thumb.jpg

Archived