TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recaro seat option for the 2012 GT500

tispco

Looks like the 2012 GT500 will have a Recaro seat option. In the 2012 Boss 302 press release from Ford, in the exterior/interior section, they mention the Recaro seats will be available in the GT500.

I wonder what other Boss parts will make it to the GT500 - maybe the Torsen diff, adjustable suspension, or top of dash gauge pod?? Also, the parts on the Boss Laguna Seca edition, like the rear seat delete, rear cross brace, and R compound tires, would make a great start for a GT500R model.

I wonder what other Boss parts will make it to the GT500 - maybe the Torsen diff, adjustable suspension, or top of dash gauge pod?? Also, the parts on the Boss Laguna Seca edition, like the rear seat delete, rear cross brace, and R compound tires, would make a great start for a GT500R model.

SVT and Ford probably realize the GT500 devalues pretty quickly, even with Shelby's name on it, if another Mustang comes within striking distance of it performance wise and does so featuring serious performance options, as opposed to different stripes, that can't be obtained on the GT500. So I'd expect all the go fast, corner fast, stop fast, and competition options like the rear seat delete and Recaro's to make it over to the GT500. Just hoping that doesn't translate into an $80K KR type deal.

The 11 SVT seats are Recaro's.

If the "11 SVT seats are Recaro's", then so are the 2010 GT500 seats!

Because I just sat in a 2011 Red/white GT500 with the SVT Perf. Pack (SVT PP) yesterday at Phil Long Ford and then I got into my 2010 GT500 and drove home so I have a *direct* comparison. From one car to the other, with no lag time in between.

As far as I know they are the same exact seats (unless there is a option above/beyond what comes standard on a 2011 SVT PP). They *look* the same and they *feel* the same.

I don't know who makes the OEM seats on the GT500 ('11 SVT PP or '10 GT500) but I suppose it could be Recaro, which would technically make them Recaro's....but they're not the Recaro "Racing Style" seats that everyone equates with the word Recaro.

Do you know something I don't know (about the seats! <LOL>) ?

I'm all ears,

Phill

These Recaro's appear to be options on the 2012 Boss and standard on the Boss Leguna Seca:

gallery_28788_1170_5686.jpg

There are seats made by Recaro and then there are Recaro's :dance:

Those are the seats I was referring too. They will be available on the 2012 GT500. Here are a couple other pics.

post-3252-128181231369_thumb.jpg

post-3252-128181232809_thumb.jpg

post-3252-128181231369_thumb.jpg

post-3252-128181232809_thumb.jpg

The SVT seats are Recaro's, just not racing seats. I know the difference but the SVT seats are Recaro.

One word of warning, if you order the racing seats, you better want to race. I have had the racing seats in a previous Ferrari and they suck for DD. Just my 2.

The 2012 500's will have the Boss' Recaro seat option as well as some other nice trim changes/options too. :happy feet:

Oh come on have to give more info then that teaser. What kind of trim changes?

Good ones.

Man, are you kidding? Did you see what Ford did to the " unoffical production totals" forum? It now sleeps with the fishes, something that I don't care to do! :hysterical:

FoMoCo watches these forums a lot closer than most people would think. post-4213-128207472174_thumb.jpg

Everyone will be happy to see the trim changes/options, and the 2012 Mustang/GT500 trim/option information will be out in just a few more months, and some of them will trickle out sooner than later.

post-4213-128207472174_thumb.jpg

No, they are the standard GT500 seats introduced on the 2010 model. They are also the same frame, rail, and hardware as the 2007 GT500. The only difference is the seat covers.

The seats were jointly developed by SVT & Recaro.

I've had racing seats in a street car before and I gotta be honest, I don't want them again. I love the seats in my 2010 and while I don't do road racing events, I think they hug you pretty well to keep you where you belong.

On a side note, its very cool to have the option, regardless of my opinion on the seats. It's always a plus when the consumer has options, as specially when your dropping $55k+ on a car that in most cases is going to be a weekend cruiser and occasional track dog.

After test driving an SVTPP car, I'm of the opinion that the seats are the same ones in the non-SVTPP cars. They look and feel exactly the same.

If you can, please show us the the source of your information.

They feel the same because, as you know already, they *are* the same =D

After test driving an SVTPP car, I'm of the opinion that the seats are the same ones in the non-SVTPP cars. They look and feel exactly the same.

If you can, please show us the the source of your information.

They feel the same because, as you know already, they *are* the same =D

Nope. They are slightly upgraded standard Mustang seats. Better side bolstering and nicer seat covers. That's it.

The source is Ford.

Inside, a unique Boss steering wheel covered completely in Alcantara suede complements the standard seats, which are trimmed in cloth with a suede-like center insert to firmly hold occupants in place. Boss customers who want the ultimate seating experience can select a package that includes Recaro buckets, designed by Ford SVT in cooperation with Recaro for high performance Mustang models, and shared between the Boss and GT500.

Go here.

Of course they coul be lying.........

The source is Ford.

Inside, a unique Boss steering wheel covered completely in Alcantara suede complements the standard seats, which are trimmed in cloth with a suede-like center insert to firmly hold occupants in place. Boss customers who want the ultimate seating experience can select a package that includes Recaro buckets, designed by Ford SVT in cooperation with Recaro for high performance Mustang models, and shared between the Boss and GT500.

Go here.

That quote is talking about the 2012 Boss and 2012 GT500 getting the same option. If you were talking about the 2012 and not your 2011 SVT PP car, then it was a misunderstanding.

2010 GT500, 2011 GT500, 2011 SVT PP GT500 == Same seats which are not Recaros.

I attached a better picture showing the entire Recaro optional seat in the Boss 302. Below is an excerpt from Exterior and Interior Design section of the Ford Press Release with the bit about these seats also being used eventually for the GT500.

"Inside, a unique Boss steering wheel covered completely in Alcantara suede complements the

standard seats, which are trimmed in cloth with a suede-like center insert to firmly hold occupants in

place. Boss customers who want the ultimate seating experience can select a package that includes

Recaro buckets, designed by Ford SVT in cooperation with Recaro for high performance Mustang

models, and shared between the Boss and GT500."

post-3252-128208732451_thumb.jpg

THE BOSS IS BACK 2012 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302 BRINGS ROAD RACING LEGEND BACK TO THE STREETS.pdf

post-3252-128208732451_thumb.jpg

THE BOSS IS BACK 2012 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302 BRINGS ROAD RACING LEGEND BACK TO THE STREETS.pdf

The source is Ford.

Go here.

Oh my goodness.

I'm guessing that they don't have side airbags if you order them....

Not that anybody would care! :hysterical:

I don't think so Dan. As far as I know, side airbags are mandated by the DOT after specific model years (2005?), and if that assumption is accurate, then the Recaro's will also have side bolster airbags too. But I guess that remains to be seen.

I don't think so Dan. As far as I know, side airbags are mandated by the DOT after specific model years (2005?), and if that assumption is accurate, then the Recaro's will also have side bolster airbags too. But I guess that remains to be seen.

Probably not necessary, but that doesn't eliminate the possibility.

"Under the government's regulation, automakers must have the systems in 20 percent of passenger vehicles by 2010, 50 percent by 2011, 75 percent by 2012 and 100 percent by September 2012.

"

It appears it is phasing in quickly over the next couple of years though.

Okay, thanks for the information Enis. I was just wondering about it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Probably not necessary, but that doesn't eliminate the possibility.

"Under the government's regulation, automakers must have the systems in 20 percent of passenger vehicles by 2010, 50 percent by 2011, 75 percent by 2012 and 100 percent by September 2012.

"

It appears it is phasing in quickly over the next couple of years though.

Interesting information. :lurk: Thanks for sharing that. :happy feet:

The seats were jointly developed by SVT & Recaro.

This is not true, the GT500 seats since 07 have been exactly the same with the only difference coming in 2010 where they switched the leather covers. Also, the GT500 seats are nothing more than re-padded GT/base model Mustang seats.

Archived