TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting it Back Together

Here are some new shots, still got to do some front end work next week, bumpsteer kit , X-5 ball joints, swaybar end links, BMR a-arms and an alignment.

But by next Friday she should be on the road and no more mods until next summer !

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Ohh yeah waiting on the Berg Faux Gas Cap Emblem !!!!

Take Care

Andrew

The lower valance thru me for a second, looked Roush like with it painted- I certainly dig the tow hook ;)

Good work!!!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Here are some new shots, still got to do some front end work next week, bumpsteer kit , X-5 ball joints, swaybar end links, BMR a-arms and an alignment.

But by next Friday she should be on the road and no more mods until next summer !

[Ohh yeah waiting on the Berg Faux Gas Cap Emblem !!!!

Take Care

Andrew

Looks good Andrew.... I'm gonna bet the drivers seat never needs to be readjusted after you get out of it either!!!

Have fun!

I like the black stripes with the black grille , looks tough! The valance looks great painted

with the black stripes added! The black and white even out on the front very nicely.

I just wonder what the front would have looked like without the valance painted, perhaps

to much black if done that way.

Only thing I would have done differently is to stripe the rear bumber like the original

pattern around the tag area.

Looks great Andrew!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Andrew, I really like your interpretation of that car! The gloss black AGENT47 mirrors are sweet too...they tie the black stripes in nicely. I love that even with Shelbys we can 'interpret' our own look. I for one am a believer in bringing in various Shelby themes from old and new and creating what you believe the car should have come as stock. You've done that here, and I applaud you! :shift:

BIKEBOY

looks great

are you considering black wheels? i think that would look sweet

If I had not been stupid enough to sell the 3 perfectly good black wheels off of the original Black Shelby I would only need to buy 1 ughhh, but I agree black would look really great, only problem is the mod budget is finally empty (until next summer)

some new photos thanks to Midwest Auto Gear

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Got to figure out how to deal with the Shelby Engine plate not sure if I want to cut a window or move the plate to a new location.

Take Care

Andrew

Wow,that radiator cover with extensions looks fantastic, very clean install, keep in mind that engine tag can be drilled out and put back in the original spot anytime, I'd place the tag in different place instead of cutting into that nice piece.

Oh by the way, if SA decides to sell those alcoas in black they would look sweet on your ride.

Andrew,

I didn't think I'd like the black stripes, but now that you've got it all back together I think it looks great. Nice work!

Dave

+1

I didn't think I would like the black either, but now that I see it back together it looks great. I believe the black grill is what pulled it all together. Can't wait to see it in person.

Carl

+1

I didn't think I would like the black either, but now that I see it back together it looks great. I believe the black grill is what pulled it all together. Can't wait to see it in person.

Carl

Thanks Carl !!!

Installed BMR A-Arms and Steeda Bump Steer Kit (leftover from the Black Shelby) on Friday.

Tried to save $50 and bought MMS sway bar ends link ( had Steed ones on the Black Shelby but one got crushed) but they were thin and wimpy compared to the Steeda ones so they got returned and on Monday the Steeda ones should be here so we can get those installed and should be ready to roll by Friday.

Learned another lesson on Friday, know when to stop, I got the BMR A-Arms 1/2 priceslightly used but like new and already had the Steeda X-5 balljoints before the A-Arm deal went down . The BMR A-Arms come with better than OEM ball joints but I wanted to swap them with the Steeda ones anyway, instead of returning them.

We pressed out the ball joints from the BMR A-Arms and the Steeda ball joints did not fit UGHHHHH, OOOPPPSSS, the Steeda ones are for OEM A-Arms only !!! Should have asked before trying.

Problem is they are pressed in and pretty much a onetime part. Called BMR for a new one so $65 and overnight charges later we will be back in business (hopefully by Wednesday), so much for a getting the A-Arms 1/2 price

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks again

Andrew

Archived