TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood fix etc

Here are a few questions that has been bugging me. My Shelby is having the strips, hood scope relaced. I have read that some folks are replacing the Hoodscoops without replacing the hood strips. Don't you need to fill the holes where the orig. bolts went thru the hood? By filling the numerous holes in the hood, doesn't it devalue the Shelby? :headscratch:

I didn't fill the holes in my hood, but it's a good idea to dress them with touch up paint.

As far as value - there is a Shelby sticker on some of the hoods, but other than that, these are stock units. Because of that, I didn't bother, but If you want to save the original, buy a new "take-off" hood to modify/paint and hang the original on your garage wall!

Sam

Here are a few questions that has been bugging me. My Shelby is having the strips, hood scope relaced. I have read that some folks are replacing the Hoodscoops without replacing the hood strips. Don't you need to fill the holes where the orig. bolts went thru the hood? By filling the numerous holes in the hood, doesn't it devalue the Shelby? :headscratch:

I don't know if anyone has had their body shop fill the holes somehow but, as has been said before, it's not part of the prescribed scoop replacement process to fill the holes. Since any car that has had the scoop replaced should be in the same condition I can't believe it would any way devalue the car nor do I think filling them would for the better or worse.

Now, if history proves me wrong I guess you can always fill them later to increase your car's value. On the other hand I guess later, if you fill them, I guess you can drill them back out!

In other words, given it's an aluminum hood, I don't think in the big flick it really matters.

IMHO!

I don't know if anyone has had their body shop fill the holes somehow but, as has been said before, it's not part of the prescribed scoop replacement process to fill the holes. Since any car that has had the scoop replaced should be in the same condition I can't believe it would any way devalue the car nor do I think filling them would for the better or worse.

Now, if history proves me wrong I guess you can always fill them later to increase your car's value. On the other hand I guess later, if you fill them, I guess you can drill them back out!

In other words, given it's an aluminum hood, I don't think in the big flick it really matters.

IMHO!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what everybody is saying is DO NOT fill the holes on the hood???!!!

Archived