TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need some help from fellow shelbys

mr ford

I need some help. I noticed that the rear bumper plastic struts on my lower valance are breaking. One has already broken and the other is getting ready to break. You can tell by the color the plastic where it is flexing. Can some of you guys take a look at yours to see if the same thing is happening to your car. Ford told me I hit some thing with my car to cause this, which made me furious. I'll post some pics tonight.http://

Edited by mr ford

Mine had broken too,Its a poor design-Basically the bumper cover catches air and at higher speeds the turbulence is very harsh on the weak plastic.Have you noticed how it dirties up the back of the car.I have been thinking of filling the inside area with 2 part spray foam and hope it will add strength and improve aerodynamics.

Yes,I have noticed it's a catch all design. My car only has 3200 miles on it and was hearing the thing rattle when at certain rpms. I was only looking for Ford to make some kind of offer to make a repair to the existing bumper as I do not want a new one with any paint work. Well they "Ford" managed to twist my shorts when the said I hit something to cause this. So I will gain some ammo to come back at them.

Yes,I have noticed it's a catch all design. My car only has 3200 miles on it and was hearing the thing rattle when at certain rpms. I was only looking for Ford to make some kind of offer to make a repair to the existing bumper as I do not want a new one with any paint work. Well they "Ford" managed to twist my shorts when the said I hit something to cause this. So I will gain some ammo to come back at them.

C'Mon Guys there's gotta be more than 2 cars this has happened too.

C'Mon Guys there's gotta be more than 2 cars this has happened too.

Mine and one of my friends car did this too. All we did to fix was get a very small black zip tie, drill a small hole in both the seperated parts and zip tied them together. Took 2 minutes to fix, you cant see it and it is nice and secure like stock. No harm no foul.

I looked yesterday, and forgot to post till now...sorry. Just turned 4k mi.s today. Mine both look like the day the car was delivered...sorry to say.

I'm thinkin' from the last two posts.....ziptie nice and tight...THEN apply the plasti-weld, careful not to get any on the ziptie, and in a day or so, cut off the ziptie! D O N E!! :)